Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible 13:27 - Apr 11 with 38895 viewsGeefunk

European nations

I would really support this. Putin is out of control and this would really hurt them
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:40 - Apr 12 with 4648 viewsNo9

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:28 - Apr 12 by FactOrFiction

That's different.

That's to inspect the alleged attack site, not the labs. It would be a welcome move if they could inspect the site, assuming not too much time has passed. Chemical weapons tend to have a short lifetime once exposed to the environment.

"Chemical weapons tend to have a short lifetime once exposed to the environment."

`Is that really the case?

& if it is, Is it possible that the measure to stop the inspectors going in was because of this? Time would eliminate the evidence but that would not be the case with the dieing or injured would it?
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:42 - Apr 12 with 4646 viewsHurleyBurley

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:32 - Apr 12 by Mullet

The one on my post deconstructing squid's awful source and terrible use of the bard.

You're so indoctrinated you don't even know what you're doing it seems!

its a doll - it's got doll's coloration, an inanimate object's rigidity, doll's hands and doll's cheeks. I don't need any site, alternative or otherwise to make me appreciate that.

Poll: World Cup final: Who do you WANT to win?

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:56 - Apr 12 with 4631 viewsBluesquid

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:40 - Apr 12 by Mullet

I have no idea, they showed one still - why is that? Why not a series of them?

It's quite possible they're right, but highly unlikely given how they go about it. It's also worth noting they are selecting one event to colour the whole conflict and media output of the "West" which is so nonsensical it doesn't really stand up long enough to pick it apart.

If you understand anything about Syria, or similar conflicts where chaos and media blackouts obstruct the truth you'd know to extrapolate from any singular place is foolish. Yet these guys are presenting themselves as authoritative and they're sat in a a room where exactly?

I think it's more likely that the Sun knows a story like that will get clicks and is a thruway segment to garner attention to the rest of their stuff. The news has done it for decades with "fluff" pieces at the end of bulletins for example.

Regardless, the amateurs you put up are bloody terrible and far more leading and propagandist than even the Sun can be.

"I have no idea, they showed one still"

You have an opinion, come on now, from that one still are you leaning towards a real baby or a doll?

"It's quite possible they're right"

And that is why i question the various accusations made regarding these alleged chemical weapons attacks.

Just look at last years attack on Khan Sheikhoun.
The investigators were unable to visit the site and take samples because it was deemed too dangerous for them because of the Al-Qaeda/Isis linked jihadi extremists that were in control of the area.
Yet we can take their word and recieve samples from them?
Wtf!?
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 11:10 - Apr 12 with 4615 viewsLord_Lucan

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:56 - Apr 12 by Bluesquid

You have an opinion, come on now, from that one still are you leaning towards a real baby or a doll?

And that is why i question the various accusations made regarding these alleged chemical weapons attacks.

The investigators were unable to visit the site and take samples because it was deemed too dangerous for them because of the Al-Qaeda/Isis linked jihadi extremists that were in control of the area.
Wtf!?

I have only just caught up with this thread and fear that if I read the last three pages I will still be three pages behind once I've read them - so I'll start again from here and apologies if I have missed something.

Are people suggesting the doll is a real baby?

Wars these days are not as black and white as they used to be, we have terrorists fighting terrorists and so called democracy s funding them. Media wins wars and approval for wars, you really have to question everything. We should have learnt this lesson many years ago but we haven't.

We are constantly being lied to but the only thing we don't know is the extent of the lie.

So why are we getting involved in this, human lives? If we were that bothered with human lives we ought to take a peek into Yemen where there is mass slaughter with our own bombs.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 11:10 - Apr 12 with 4615 viewsstewartm

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 13:38 - Apr 11 by Lord_Lucan

Putin is out of control?

Nothing is black and white.

USA, UK and France threatening all sorts but against who? Assad?

Who are we fighting for? There is no right guy there. If Assad goes then it will get worse. It is Iraq all over again.

Same same but different

Steady on Lord Lucan, your common sense will get you labelled 'Russian troll' or 'alt account'.

Seriously I totally agree with your post! Vote up here.

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 11:17 - Apr 12 with 4606 viewsBluesquid

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 11:10 - Apr 12 by Lord_Lucan

I have only just caught up with this thread and fear that if I read the last three pages I will still be three pages behind once I've read them - so I'll start again from here and apologies if I have missed something.

Wars these days are not as black and white as they used to be, we have terrorists fighting terrorists and so called democracy s funding them. Media wins wars and approval for wars, you really have to question everything. We should have learnt this lesson many years ago but we haven't.

We are constantly being lied to but the only thing we don't know is the extent of the lie.

So why are we getting involved in this, human lives? If we were that bothered with human lives we ought to take a peek into Yemen where there is mass slaughter with our own bombs.

"Are people suggesting the doll is a real baby?"

Well there are some who seem a little unsure.
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 11:29 - Apr 12 with 4591 viewsMullet

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:56 - Apr 12 by Bluesquid

Wtf!?

My opinion is that the media you've presented is biased, poorly put together and purposefully being used to smear the good work done by the majority of fantastic journalists. Michael Horowitz on twitter is an excellent follow.

My opinion is that it's quite possibly a set up, it's quite possible the Sun did their usual 2 minutes research, however the video you've put up is far too shoddy to prove that - they don't deconstruct anything bar one still.

This is a typical tactic used by conspiracy theorists. The "golden nugget" of evidence which means all other thought can be done away with. I've got a 4 month who was hooked up to a drip last week - you can take at least one of my photos of him and say he looks like a doll, and that's when it's actually of him directly, not a shallow angle still.

There is no detailed analysis just questioning and wishy washy opinions. There is no comparison with other sources or media - why is that? Because keeping it in a vacuum keeps you away from questioning them.

It's pretty conclusive Assad has and is using chemical weapons. In the same way those who claim school shootings in America are false flags are at best mentally ill, or utterly disgusting. To disregard the deaths of defenceless civilians and babies with bubbling mouths and glassy eyed expressions is astounding in this day and age.

This video doesn't really prove anything other than the poor bastards being oppressed and bombed by him are desperate for our help. But as I was keeping it purely from a media perspective, what's interesting most about these people is they critique the established and professional media as homogenous and use the hypodermic syringe model of consumption to "prove it".

They pat their audience on the back using the decoding perspective of consumption, and then treat their evidence and audience members in exactly the reverse way. All whilst assuming anyone who watches BBC news, RT or reads a paper can't do the same. The hypocrisy is as rank as the delusion.

Here's a question for you, how many refugees from Syria have you met and talked to?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 11:32 - Apr 12 with 4592 viewsHurleyBurley

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 11:10 - Apr 12 by Lord_Lucan

The internet has meddled so utterly with your ability to think that not only do you think you are thinking freely, but also you think thoughts which are not in line with the state which protects you.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 12:04]

Login to get fewer ads

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 11:33 - Apr 12 with 4594 viewsFactOrFiction

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:35 - Apr 12 by HurleyBurley

Yes they were, in 2014. However it later became apparent that Syria had likely not declared 19 sites and they delayed the process so much things could be moved around. The process is outlined on Wiki. I don't think he's agreed to anything since 2014 unless I am mistaken.

"likely" - military intervention should rest on more than "likely"
"wiki" - wiki's good at times but i'm not sure evidence at times like this should be sourced from wiki.

I agree it should be based on more than "likely" and I've not based it on the fact that they didn't declare all their sites. I've also said it would be better if there was an independent team sent to look at the attack site if it's totally unhindered and the site hasn't been scrubbed. The talk of military action in the press has nothing to do with past declarations of anything and entirely to do with recent events. The two aren't the same.

Wiki isn't ideal I agree but as long as it's cited and one can follow the citations it's better than a lot of other sources. It can be abused but it's also pretty self-cleaning - people like to see accurate information on there. I would hope that our elected officials have access to better information than myself.
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 11:38 - Apr 12 with 4580 viewsFactOrFiction

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 10:40 - Apr 12 by No9

"Chemical weapons tend to have a short lifetime once exposed to the environment."

`Is that really the case?

& if it is, Is it possible that the measure to stop the inspectors going in was because of this? Time would eliminate the evidence but that would not be the case with the dieing or injured would it?

Yes that's the case, although it obviously varies depending on the agent used.

Sarin for instance disperses within minutes or hours in the open environment but is more persistent in an enclosed or confined space. If it's a liquid it first evaporates into a vapour and then that disperses. This takes a bit longer than gas form.

I honestly don't know if the signs are more persistent on a human body. I suspect that the agent itself isn't present but the symptoms of exposure remain in the body but you'll need to check that for yourself I'm afraid.
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 11:47 - Apr 12 with 4559 viewsBluesquid

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 11:29 - Apr 12 by Mullet

My opinion is that the media you've presented is biased, poorly put together and purposefully being used to smear the good work done by the majority of fantastic journalists. Michael Horowitz on twitter is an excellent follow.

My opinion is that it's quite possibly a set up, it's quite possible the Sun did their usual 2 minutes research, however the video you've put up is far too shoddy to prove that - they don't deconstruct anything bar one still.

This is a typical tactic used by conspiracy theorists. The "golden nugget" of evidence which means all other thought can be done away with. I've got a 4 month who was hooked up to a drip last week - you can take at least one of my photos of him and say he looks like a doll, and that's when it's actually of him directly, not a shallow angle still.

There is no detailed analysis just questioning and wishy washy opinions. There is no comparison with other sources or media - why is that? Because keeping it in a vacuum keeps you away from questioning them.

It's pretty conclusive Assad has and is using chemical weapons. In the same way those who claim school shootings in America are false flags are at best mentally ill, or utterly disgusting. To disregard the deaths of defenceless civilians and babies with bubbling mouths and glassy eyed expressions is astounding in this day and age.

This video doesn't really prove anything other than the poor bastards being oppressed and bombed by him are desperate for our help. But as I was keeping it purely from a media perspective, what's interesting most about these people is they critique the established and professional media as homogenous and use the hypodermic syringe model of consumption to "prove it".

They pat their audience on the back using the decoding perspective of consumption, and then treat their evidence and audience members in exactly the reverse way. All whilst assuming anyone who watches BBC news, RT or reads a paper can't do the same. The hypocrisy is as rank as the delusion.

Here's a question for you, how many refugees from Syria have you met and talked to?

I'll repeat my question then.

Are you leaning towards it being a real baby or a doll?

I know you can do this Mullet, now just take a moment to collect yourself, take a deep breath and jump down from the fence.

I tell you what, I'll make it easy for you so you don't actually have to reply with any words.

Just reply with a '1' for im leaning to it being a real baby or reply with a '2' for im leaning to it being a doll.

Good luck!
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 11:53 - Apr 12 with 4542 viewsMullet

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 11:47 - Apr 12 by Bluesquid

I know you can do this Mullet, now just take a moment to collect yourself, take a deep breath and jump down from the fence.

I tell you what, I'll make it easy for you so you don't actually have to reply with any words.

Just reply with a '1' for im leaning to it being a real baby or reply with a '2' for im leaning to it being a doll.

Good luck!

I don't know, because your source is inconclusive. I'm leaning towards you being easily manipulated in all honesty.

If you're going to patronise someone, probably best not make it someone who has made you look a bit lacking in your chosen expertise.

Notice, how you've gone several posts and not countered a single thing about the source adequately? I bet others have. However, I'm quite open to your interpretation being possible without swallowing the media line? Ironic no?

So Syrians you've talked to then....?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 12:05 - Apr 12 with 4529 viewsBluesquid

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 11:53 - Apr 12 by Mullet

I don't know, because your source is inconclusive. I'm leaning towards you being easily manipulated in all honesty.

If you're going to patronise someone, probably best not make it someone who has made you look a bit lacking in your chosen expertise.

Notice, how you've gone several posts and not countered a single thing about the source adequately? I bet others have. However, I'm quite open to your interpretation being possible without swallowing the media line? Ironic no?

So Syrians you've talked to then....?

'1' or '2', remember?

It might look quite high up from where you are up there on the fence but you won't hurt yourself when you land, i promise!

Just choose a side to jump down to, come on Mullet, focus...

From what is presented in the clip...

OR

[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 12:38]
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 14:23 - Apr 12 with 4473 viewsFactOrFiction

Macron going on record now saying he has proof:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-43740626
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 15:00 - Apr 12 with 4460 viewsHurleyBurley

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 14:23 - Apr 12 by FactOrFiction

Macron going on record now saying he has proof:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-43740626

And that proof is...?

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 15:11 - Apr 12 with 4456 viewsFactOrFiction

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 15:00 - Apr 12 by HurleyBurley

And that proof is...?

Absolutely no idea, although he specifically mentions chlorine.

Was just posting the latest news. The French are usually quite circumspect about these things.

Do you think all intelligence should be made immediately available for public consumption?
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 16:59 - Apr 12 with 4430 viewsHurleyBurley

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 15:11 - Apr 12 by FactOrFiction

Absolutely no idea, although he specifically mentions chlorine.

Was just posting the latest news. The French are usually quite circumspect about these things.

Do you think all intelligence should be made immediately available for public consumption?

In all attempts at balance I apply the "Kim Jong Un question"? That being, if Kim Jong Un said he had proof of a chemical attack in a rival state and provided nothing to support it, what would we think?

Of course N.Korea isn't France, and if Kim Jong Un provided the proof, we wouldn't recognise it anyway.

I remember the WMDs of Iraq. It was all based on no evidence but claims to the contrary. OK, "it was only Iraq", but if the UK was laid to waste by a foreign power following such claims of "proof" we would probably all feel a bit more uncomfortable about it.

Your final question is therefor redundant.

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 17:11 - Apr 12 with 4426 viewsFactOrFiction

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 16:59 - Apr 12 by HurleyBurley

In all attempts at balance I apply the "Kim Jong Un question"? That being, if Kim Jong Un said he had proof of a chemical attack in a rival state and provided nothing to support it, what would we think?

Of course N.Korea isn't France, and if Kim Jong Un provided the proof, we wouldn't recognise it anyway.

I remember the WMDs of Iraq. It was all based on no evidence but claims to the contrary. OK, "it was only Iraq", but if the UK was laid to waste by a foreign power following such claims of "proof" we would probably all feel a bit more uncomfortable about it.

Your final question is therefor redundant.

Sorry but I don't really understand your response in the context of the question that was posed.

Are you saying you wouldn't believe any evidence thus it's irrelevant if intelligence information was made public?
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 19:19 - Apr 12 with 4396 viewsGlasgowBlue

Even the Guardian has come out in favour of a response.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/12/the-guardian-view-on-arms-

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 20:54 - Apr 12 with 4371 viewsHurleyBurley

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 17:11 - Apr 12 by FactOrFiction

Sorry but I don't really understand your response in the context of the question that was posed.

Are you saying you wouldn't believe any evidence thus it's irrelevant if intelligence information was made public?

No, I'm saying it would be nice to have some evidence of the proof they claim to have, otherwise Macron has the credibility of a tin pot dictator.

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 23:17 - Apr 12 with 4330 viewsbuoyant

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 11:47 - Apr 12 by Bluesquid

Good luck!

Your inanity is boundless.

You don't even have the self awareness to take a step back and see what you stand for. I know there are more people like you but it still astounds me.

However, getting away from your doll obsessed diversion (amongst others) would you and maybe you shotgun hurleyburley care to answer my previous question about what you contest in my post from yesterday?

Edit. For clarity, page 3 on 20:39 - Apr 11
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 23:23]

UTT

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 23:24 - Apr 12 with 4321 viewsBluesquid

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 23:17 - Apr 12 by buoyant

Your inanity is boundless.

You don't even have the self awareness to take a step back and see what you stand for. I know there are more people like you but it still astounds me.

However, getting away from your doll obsessed diversion (amongst others) would you and maybe you shotgun hurleyburley care to answer my previous question about what you contest in my post from yesterday?

Edit. For clarity, page 3 on 20:39 - Apr 11
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 23:23]

What do i stand for?
Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 23:28 - Apr 12 with 4308 viewsbuoyant

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 23:24 - Apr 12 by Bluesquid

What do i stand for?

Again ? How about answering the question?
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 23:29]

UTT

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 23:33 - Apr 12 with 4296 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Assad is not a nice bloke, nor Putin but history proves intervention in the Middle East never makes things worse. Syria is a secular country surrounded by Islamic nutters and most of the rebels are ISIS and Al Queda and other Islamist scum. Why is no one threatening to bomb Saudia Arabia who have been supporting a lot of Islamist terrorist and human rights record is dreadful. Oh but wait they are the nice cuddly type of Islamic nations because they invest money in the west and provide oil. It doesn't matter they hang gay people treat women like filth and do not tolerate Christianity.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 23:36 - Apr 12 with 4290 viewsBluesquid

Russia - got to pull out of the world cup haven't we ? Along with other sensible on 23:28 - Apr 12 by buoyant

Again ? How about answering the question?
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 23:29]

Deary me. Ok.

"You don't even have the self awareness to take a step back and see what you stand for."

If i can't see it myself because i haven't the self awareness to see it then your going to help me out now and tell me what it is i stand for? Ok?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024