Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! 14:09 - Apr 13 with 4667 viewsMonkey_Blue

Seriously? The guy took two top flight clubs in Finland to 11th( there are only 12 teams in the Top flight. These two teams were 2nd and 4th in the proceeding seasons. In between he did get a club promoted via a play-off.

There is zero evidence he has the ability to manage a team in the 4th biggest league in Europe.
You have teams here spending £15m on one player.

He doesn’t know the players, has never coached at this level, doesn’t have contacts to get is a Lawrence, Fraser of Celina, and doesn’t have the reputation, where by players would be keen to play for him.

The next appointment is very important and whilst I don’t want a Pardew or McLaren, I don’t want to risk a potential Coventry scenario.

We have small budgets and so whatever MMs flaws, league position wise he overachieved. We don’t need some to under achieve based on budget because that’s likely relegation fight or worse.

Steijn is an interesting option and he has the reputation of being the best young coach in Holland and has been linked to the PSV job.

Lincoln’s Cowley as well I guess but they don’t play the beautiful game... so it’s to be seen what style he would employ at a higher level.

[Post edited 13 Apr 2018 14:11]
I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:28 - Apr 13 with 1245 viewsDarth_Koont

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:21 - Apr 13 by Monkey_Blue

He did one season at each and both top flight clubs finished 2nd bottom.
Jim had a way better and longer career at a higher level and was well known internally at the club.
He’s been gone from Ipswich for over a decade and from the English game for 5 years.
You can say that Kuqi has shown he’s taken two of his three teams backwards significantly.
I just see no reason he would even be considered. There are ex players I could get excited about, but not just because they were ex players. Sure take a chance on someone but you’d need better indications they could be successful than Kuqi has shown.

I think you're reading his managerial career very harshly.

But anyway, I think we're probably both agreed that we should be aiming higher than Jim or Shefki at this point.

Pronouns: He/Him

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:31 - Apr 13 with 1240 viewsMonkey_Blue

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:19 - Apr 13 by Thijssens_Tash

Amen to that. Would be complete lunacy to appoint Kuqi, a coaching role would be great for him though.

Agree with Cowley statement too. Would support him if he came though, but don't think the style of play would improve.

Steijn ticks all the boxes for me.

I’ve seen that suggested... do we know if he’s a good coach? We have plenty of ex Ipswich guys coaching here, but most started at a low level. Some have suggested making him assistant manager ...lunacy as well. Any manger will want their own coaching staff and certainly not to be assisted by someone who will have virtually zero recent knowledge of the English leagues.
I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:38 - Apr 13 with 1236 viewsMonkey_Blue

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:28 - Apr 13 by Coastalblue

I don't think it will be him, but if it is I wouldn't be upset.

He played most of his career in this country, what makes you think he'd have no contacts?

I know nothing about Steijn beuond what I have read on here, and without the hoax Dutch takeover rumour last year I doubt anybody else would either.

Kuqi would have some negatives, but would have some positives too, not least that this would be a top end job for him, I doubt he'd go into it wanting it to be a stepping stone.

If we go looking for someone who can deliver a position based on budget, we'll likely get someone who delivers a position based on budget.

He’s been away from the English game a long while and he hardly had a career mixing with top people. Jim Magilton for example probably knew most of the coaches and managers or at least they were more likely to take his calls. He also would have recently played against potential signings. If he got the job of course I’d have my fingers crossed for him but if he got it I’d also think relegation was a real possibility. Let’s see how long the fans love him then.
He’s had two top flight jobs, one with one of the “big” Finnish clubs and wrecked their league positions.
I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:40 - Apr 13 with 1232 viewsMonkey_Blue

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:45 - Apr 13 by Lord_Lucan

And both his playing and managerial experience are well ahead of Farke down the road.

Not even comparable in fact.

He would have coached and managed players who are now playing in the Bundesliga.
Don’t assert facts without checking the evidence
I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:44 - Apr 13 with 1219 viewsMonkey_Blue

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:28 - Apr 13 by Darth_Koont

I think you're reading his managerial career very harshly.

But anyway, I think we're probably both agreed that we should be aiming higher than Jim or Shefki at this point.

It’s not harsh to say the two teams he took over in the top flight both finished 2nd bottom under him having been 2nd and 4th the seasons before he arrived... but the comments on the “Why I want the Job” story make be embarrassed to be an Ipswich fan. Mick was right about some of the fans at our club being numbskulls. They’ve even had me agreeing with Chris Sutton so damn them 😂
I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:49 - Apr 13 with 1212 viewsLord_Lucan

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:40 - Apr 13 by Monkey_Blue

He would have coached and managed players who are now playing in the Bundesliga.
Don’t assert facts without checking the evidence

Rubbish actually.

He spent 6 years at Lippstadt which is a German team equivalent to Sudbury and 18 months at Dortmunds reserves.

Don't try and out me on Farke, I spend most Fridays explaining his career to Budgies.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:49 - Apr 13 with 1208 viewsMonkey_Blue

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:42 - Apr 13 by Darth_Koont

Eh? Jim had zero experience when he got the job.

And Shefki's record isn't bad. Looked like he did a great job in trying circumstances.

“Shefkis record isn’t bad” go do your research. Two of the clubs he managed he drastically messed up. He hasn’t been at a club for more than a season. I think he should be aiming at perhaps a tier 6/7 club job here.
I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:50 - Apr 13 with 1206 viewshype313

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:49 - Apr 13 by Lord_Lucan

Rubbish actually.

He spent 6 years at Lippstadt which is a German team equivalent to Sudbury and 18 months at Dortmunds reserves.

Don't try and out me on Farke, I spend most Fridays explaining his career to Budgies.

Boom, and lets say he does have access to all these wonderful Bundesliga players, working wonders for Norwich right now isn't it...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:58 - Apr 13 with 1197 viewsCoastalblue

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:49 - Apr 13 by Monkey_Blue

“Shefkis record isn’t bad” go do your research. Two of the clubs he managed he drastically messed up. He hasn’t been at a club for more than a season. I think he should be aiming at perhaps a tier 6/7 club job here.

Did he mess them up?

Genuine question. I've seen suggestions that in both cases the plug was pulled financially which was mostly what messed them up?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 16:18 - Apr 13 with 1179 viewsDarth_Koont

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:49 - Apr 13 by Monkey_Blue

Where are you reading this? They had off-the-field problems that were nothing to do with his management.

Against all that, and because of that, he did a good job

Pronouns: He/Him

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 16:22 - Apr 13 with 1168 viewshype313

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 16:18 - Apr 13 by Darth_Koont

Where are you reading this? They had off-the-field problems that were nothing to do with his management.

Against all that, and because of that, he did a good job

Finland Blue posted some quite insightful stuff yesterday about Kuqi's reign at a couple of the clubs, essentially he p1ssed quite a few people off, wherever he went.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 16:36 - Apr 13 with 1161 viewsJ2BLUE

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:05 - Apr 13 by Monkey_Blue

And we all know that the full weight of the fans is all you need to be successful!!
That would dissaper very quickly if results weren’t good. Do you know what style of play his teams played in Finland? If we just want a manager that the fans have an emotional attachment to we have a dumb bunch of fans.

Well done, you’ve taken one of my points and exaggerated it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024