Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disappointing today 22:55 - Apr 14 with 3193 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Unfortunately it was a McCarthys performance and the biggest positive from today is that it's one game closer to the end of the season. When I saw our line-up: 5-3-2 with Skuse-Hyam combo in the middle......oh noooo. Hardly an inspiration. I know that injuries limit us but why continuing to approach matches so cautiously?

Not much to talk about. Based on this my feeling is that the club just want to fulfil the fixtures and leave the rebuilding job for the new manager. Forest clearly bereft of confidence and were easily for taking. Sadly though we didn't take the advantage.

Yes there were some bright moments (beginning of the 2nd half) but there was no difference to how we've been approaching most of the matches in the last years. Tens of sideways passes with no-one having a clue what to do with the ball. Skuse and Hyam sitting deeply. Set up to keep the opposition quiet, the opposition that hadn't scored in last 6 games.

Scrappy goal out of nothing as we hadn't troubled Pantilimon prior to this. Forest visibly lacking confidence in the opening stages of the game grew into this as it went on. Bialkowski three good saves. Ward's goal and our leading wasn't something we deserved but Forest's players heads dropped and Bart wasn't tested at all for the remainder of the first half.

First 10-15 minutes of the second half we were well on top. Series of corners, their defence on the toes and that was the missed opportunity to put game to bed. Carayol who replaced Morris injected some pace initially but faded afterwards.

Unfortunately we gradually invited Forest to come back into this and subsequently punished, deservedly punished in my opinion. Why couldn't we continue to dictate the proceedings? To be cynical I'd say that was the 'McCarthy's school'.

Forest attempts were mostly chaotic and the defence dealt well in general until the last few minutes. Penalty perhaps debatable for some but it was pen. The push in the box.

Last minute winner though heart breaking was somehow a punishment for Town. We were the architects of our downfall as we could have dominated the 2nd half but for the stupid tactics. All 4 defensive midfielders took their part in the game and it's so sickening !

The end of this season can't come quick enough and the drudgery will be hopefully over. The hell of a job for the new manager to instill the winning mentality as this team and its philosophy stinks !

Any differences in compare to McCarthy? We may have tried to close the opposition down quicker than before but nothing in terms of general performance. Both youngsters' performances did differ significantly as Nydam was the most active midfielder whereas Morris was very quiet.

Celina not involved at all. Some may say he ain't the part of the future therefore no point of using him. Somehow though the defensively minded loanees (Connolly) and short termers (Gleeson) were used.

All in all not happy today with squandering a good chance to beat the average opposition. Can't wait for the end of this season.

[Post edited 14 Apr 2018 22:57]
Disappointing today on 23:05 - Apr 14 with 3122 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Strange isn’t it...

... I would fully expect that the head of our academy would completely revolutionise the first team in the space of 3 days.

I mean MM was only drilling his philosophy into the team for 5 years, can’t be difficult to get it out of their system!!

😜

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Disappointing today on 23:09 - Apr 14 with 3086 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Disappointing today on 23:05 - Apr 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Strange isn’t it...

... I would fully expect that the head of our academy would completely revolutionise the first team in the space of 3 days.

I mean MM was only drilling his philosophy into the team for 5 years, can’t be difficult to get it out of their system!!

😜

No-one would have been able to revolutionise this team so swiftly and no-one can blame Klug for this. I've just said that the only thing the club will do for the remainder of the season is just to fulfil the fixtures and the new manager is going to have a huge job.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2018 23:10]
Disappointing today on 23:12 - Apr 14 with 3064 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Disappointing today on 23:09 - Apr 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

No-one would have been able to revolutionise this team so swiftly and no-one can blame Klug for this. I've just said that the only thing the club will do for the remainder of the season is just to fulfil the fixtures and the new manager is going to have a huge job.

I don’t think realistically we could expect much else.

Onwards and upwards.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Disappointing today on 23:28 - Apr 14 with 3016 viewsDarth_Koont

Personally, I thought it was an encouraging game. We're lacking so many genuine first-teamers (Huws, Chambers, Webster, Dozzell, Garner, Celina etc.) but there was still enough on show from fringe players like Nydam and Kenlock (Hyam if he stays) to sugget that there'll be plenty of depth and competition next season.

Unlucky to lose, should have been a draw but we definitely move on.

Pronouns: He/Him

Disappointing today on 00:42 - Apr 15 with 2902 viewsBrixtonBlue

Amazing, but not overly surprising, that despite Mick having left you still managed to get a couple of jibes in about him. Presumably if we'd won (and we were, after all, winning with a minute of the 90 to go) that wouldn't have been down to Mick?

Also, "Celina not involved at all. Some may say he ain't the part of the future therefore no point of using him."

Some may also say that he didn't play because he was ill.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Disappointing today on 05:09 - Apr 15 with 2751 viewsBenters2

A good honest report Mach as always,I’m not sure why it got so many downies ?

We live in hope that next season is more enjoyable than this.
Disappointing today on 08:04 - Apr 15 with 2583 viewsLeoMuff

Disappointing today on 23:09 - Apr 14 by Mach_foreignBlue

Or alternatively our squad is limited due to the last 6 years of underspend.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Disappointing today on 09:42 - Apr 15 with 2450 viewsGuthrum

Celina was ill, apparently. The penalty was, sadly, absolutely nailed on. But not so bad an error as that short corner shambles whan it was still 1 - 1. Why do they do such things?

Good to meet you yesterday.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Disappointing today on 09:46 - Apr 15 with 2435 viewsCurrie10

Disappointing today on 23:05 - Apr 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Strange isn’t it...

😜

That's taking into account Wednesday day off / Thursday training no doubt interrupted light hearted with Mick leaving etc.

Like you, I would expect a complete transformation in say five hours of training.

#awful
Disappointing today on 15:57 - Apr 15 with 2284 views3_5_2

If thats “not much to say” how long would it have been if you did have much to say.

Klug and his team have almost no time to work on shape etc and even if he does make us Barca in 4 games he will not be doing it next season

Cant wait for this season to end

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024