Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steven Gerrard as Manager? 01:56 - Apr 15 with 9035 viewsMelmac

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6054491/steven-gerrard-wanted-by-ipswich

Thoughts?
Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 16:56 - Apr 15 with 1129 viewsSuperfrans

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 09:04 - Apr 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

I agree, I really don’t understand the Keane comparison.

Seem to be based on the fact that both played in midfield, that’s about it.

The main comparison is that they would both be being appointed (at least in part) for their fame and therefore the profile they would bring, rather than anything else. Keane’s first match attracted 27,000 people to Portman Road, significantly higher that the standard average for that season of 19,000 or so. That’s the kind of interest which could sway ME.

That said, Evans has always chosen sensibly up until now - managers with experience, who have taken teams into the Prem before. I personally can’t see him going for a total rookie like SG unless he came as a package with a DoF, like a Houllier type. And even then it would be an extremely risky experiment.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 17:29 - Apr 15 with 1084 viewsGeoffSentence

Haha, this would be brilliant. If Stevei G was appointed it would get the anti-scousites on here frothing at the mouth.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 18:02 - Apr 15 with 1059 viewsRichOBlue

No expierience as a boss but has expierienced houllier benitez Rodgers and klopp being his boss, worth a punt as much as anyone else.

Poll: What formation suits us best?

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 19:44 - Apr 15 with 1022 viewsEly_Blue

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 11:06 - Apr 15 by chicoazul

Lampard lives in Surrey.

So did/does MM

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Steven Gerrard as Manager? on 20:08 - Apr 15 with 996 viewshampstead_blue

Not many top players can make the transition.

I'd wager he will be a first class coach, however the role of a Manger calls for a specific skills set.

I think there is a real 'working class' thread through the role which is why the wealthy and pampered celebrity players don't often succeed.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024