Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? 15:32 - Apr 24 with 7721 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

First of - read this article he did with Stuart Watson - http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/taiwan-manager-gary-white-wants-to-follow-in-the-foo

Notable things that stand out for me:
Knows what Ipswich is all about, the history, the legacy, the passion, the development, the philosophy.

Air of confidence - Almost that Mourinho from Porto to Chelsea - "i am the special one" approach. Likening how he wants to be remembered like Sir Bobby and Sir Alf in 20 years time. Obviously bold, maybe unlikely but you have to love the air of confidence that would be very handy to pass onto a group of players full on no confidence.

Has a fantastic approach to football - simple approach " let's go and try and win it", encourages his players to "express and enjoy themselves".

Key thing for me was these quotes about unlocking full potential in each individual - " engage with hearts and heads and then the legs will follow"
"you have to see if you are using what you’ve got to the full potential before going to the shops."
"Ask yourself if you giving the players you have got the best opportunity to perform? Spending money is the easy and lazy option."
" I looked to the youths and reserves and found some diamonds there. It’s important not to make your mind up on players based on the opinion of others, but to use your own eyes and ears to form your own opinion."

And most importantly, where ever he has been so far, he has been a success, that cannot be denied, look at the facts.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:34 - Apr 24 with 5020 viewsSpruceMoose

To be fair, I could say all that stuff in an interview, and still be a disaster.

On the plus side, he would have a deep knowledge of the Bahamian and Taiwanese transfer market.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:35 - Apr 24 with 5014 viewsFixed_It

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:34 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

To be fair, I could say all that stuff in an interview, and still be a disaster.

On the plus side, he would have a deep knowledge of the Bahamian and Taiwanese transfer market.

I am confident that he would be better than you.

Although, the same might well apply to my Nan.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:38 - Apr 24 with 4998 viewsCheltenham_Blue

You could say all that stuff in an interview but without any evidence to back it up. I like the sound of this guy.

But equally I like the thought of a man genuinely naming his son after a cleaning product.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:38 - Apr 24 with 4985 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

And how would you support your argument?

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:40 - Apr 24 with 4970 viewsSpruceMoose

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:35 - Apr 24 by Fixed_It

I am confident that he would be better than you.

Although, the same might well apply to my Nan.

You say that, but you won't be complaining when I sign this guy and he's storming down the wing.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:41 - Apr 24 with 4962 viewsSpruceMoose

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:38 - Apr 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

And how would you support your argument?

I wouldn't need to. To be honest, ITFC is below my level.

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:41 - Apr 24 with 4967 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Awfully naive to think that he has such a scoped knowledge of the game, assuming because he has managed these nations he is completely oblivious to the rest of the footballing world. A man who dedicated his like since early twenties to management only knows about Bahamian and Taiwanese transfer market. Ludicrous.

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:42 - Apr 24 with 4956 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:41 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

I wouldn't need to. To be honest, ITFC is below my level.

Wish Phil would ban children on this website.

Login to get fewer ads

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:43 - Apr 24 with 4939 viewsSpruceMoose

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:41 - Apr 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

Awfully naive to think that he has such a scoped knowledge of the game, assuming because he has managed these nations he is completely oblivious to the rest of the footballing world. A man who dedicated his like since early twenties to management only knows about Bahamian and Taiwanese transfer market. Ludicrous.

Mate, you're wetting yourself and you never even heard of this bloke until today. Calm down.

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:44 - Apr 24 with 4944 viewsFixed_It

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:42 - Apr 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

As long as his ban doesn't extend to wild animals from Canada. They make a pretty valuable contribution to the board...

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:45 - Apr 24 with 4930 viewsSpruceMoose

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:42 - Apr 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

Says the bloke doing all the blubbing

I'm sorry it upsets you for me to disagree with you.

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:45 - Apr 24 with 4933 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:43 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

Mate, you're wetting yourself and you never even heard of this bloke until today. Calm down.

Heard of him when he took over Shanghai Shenxin in 2016, awful from you.

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:46 - Apr 24 with 4920 viewsSpruceMoose

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:45 - Apr 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

Heard of him when he took over Shanghai Shenxin in 2016, awful from you.

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:47 - Apr 24 with 4919 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:46 - Apr 24 by SpruceMoose

Awful from you. Awful

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:47 - Apr 24 with 4921 viewsHeathlander

I read the article and he really impressed me. I'd love to give him a shot. Let's take a curve ball and see where we go. It can't be anymore dull than it already is.

Let's get him. I'm sure he would be cheap too.
Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:49 - Apr 24 with 4897 viewsSpruceMoose

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:47 - Apr 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

Awful from you. Awful

You're funny. I like you. Think we will keep you around, mysterious new poster.

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:49 - Apr 24 with 4907 viewsFixed_It

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:47 - Apr 24 by Heathlander

I read the article and he really impressed me. I'd love to give him a shot. Let's take a curve ball and see where we go. It can't be anymore dull than it already is.

Let's get him. I'm sure he would be cheap too.

In fairness, he does sound like a relatively cheap yet potentially exciting option. I'd be happy enough with ME taking a risk - but then it's not my money!

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:49 - Apr 24 with 4902 viewshomer_123

Talks a good game and, yes, whilst he has been successful where he'd been - it's rather relative to the opposition.

Kuqi was successful in Finland but that is also a far cry from the championship.

Not writing either off, just pointing out that both talk a good game but delivering at this level, on this budget, is a whole different kettle of fish.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:52 - Apr 24 with 4884 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:49 - Apr 24 by homer_123

Talks a good game and, yes, whilst he has been successful where he'd been - it's rather relative to the opposition.

Kuqi was successful in Finland but that is also a far cry from the championship.

Not writing either off, just pointing out that both talk a good game but delivering at this level, on this budget, is a whole different kettle of fish.

True, v. true; how do you ever find out until someone takes the chance i guess.

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:53 - Apr 24 with 4875 viewsSpruceMoose

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:49 - Apr 24 by homer_123

Indeed. That was my thinking, made in a rather more lighthearted fashion. I had no idea it would inflame OP so much.

I regret it now.

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:56 - Apr 24 with 4849 viewsIllinoisblue

He sounds like a David Brent wannabe who's read too many inspirational quotes.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 16:00 - Apr 24 with 4815 viewsFixed_It

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 15:56 - Apr 24 by Illinoisblue

He sounds like a David Brent wannabe who's read too many inspirational quotes.

Harsh.
I don't think David Brent was on the short-list for the England U21 set-up though.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 16:01 - Apr 24 with 4807 viewsMetal_Hacker

Personally after supporting my team for over 40 years now we've reached a junction , a serious junction where we now find ourselves forcibly having to evolve.

If the best way to evolve is with fresh ideas and a gamble then how are we ever going to move forward ?

We do not play on a level playing field financially quite obviously as we don't have an owner who simply throws cash at this little hobby

So my theory is lets have a gamble and employ someone new with fresh ideas to offer us a different edge. The FA themselves albeit an antiquated group , have this guy in high regard.

Poll: If it were one or the other

Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 16:14 - Apr 24 with 4742 viewsvilanovablue

Young, hungry as well as an interesting background. Considered for the England U-21 set up. We need a change of tack and I'd like to think this would be worth a punt. He also probably won't be expensive. I think it would be an interesting appointment.
Gary White as Manager - thoughts?? on 16:27 - Apr 24 with 4677 viewsMaySixth

are you his agent?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024