Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First world problems that really bug me 08:00 - May 3 with 8935 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hotel rooms in 2018 that only have about 2 plug sockets, and none of them anywhere near the bed

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

First world problems that really bug me on 19:58 - May 3 with 936 viewstcblue

First world problems that really bug me on 19:45 - May 3 by NewcyBlue

Hotels are a nightmare when joining a ship. I always take 2 kit bags. Split my stuff between the two in case one gets lost. It happens quite regularly with Air Chance (France). Each bag weights about 27/18kgs depending on length of trip.

A hotel without a working lift is an absolute nightmare.

Obviously a different kettle of fish, but I've got adept at packing five days' worth of clothes, laptop and clear bag of toiletries into one backpack for this very reason.

Which reminds me, first world problems: almost everything at an airport:

-Paying to pick someone up
-The body scanners picking up metal when there's no metal
-People queuing to get on the plane before the gate opens (why? So you can maximize the time you sit in a cramped seat?)
-People crowding the luggage carousels when the bags aren't close to coming out
First world problems that really bug me on 20:00 - May 3 with 931 viewsNewcyBlue

First world problems that really bug me on 19:58 - May 3 by tcblue

Obviously a different kettle of fish, but I've got adept at packing five days' worth of clothes, laptop and clear bag of toiletries into one backpack for this very reason.

Which reminds me, first world problems: almost everything at an airport:

-Paying to pick someone up
-The body scanners picking up metal when there's no metal
-People queuing to get on the plane before the gate opens (why? So you can maximize the time you sit in a cramped seat?)
-People crowding the luggage carousels when the bags aren't close to coming out

Airports are a hateful, wonderful place to be stuck.

Sometimes I sit there and imagine where all these people are going. Exotic holidays, work, home for a funeral, home for a wedding, just home.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

First world problems that really bug me on 20:11 - May 3 with 921 viewstcblue

First world problems that really bug me on 20:00 - May 3 by NewcyBlue

Airports are a hateful, wonderful place to be stuck.

Sometimes I sit there and imagine where all these people are going. Exotic holidays, work, home for a funeral, home for a wedding, just home.

Hah, yeah. I remember when travelling abroad for work was something I found a treat.

Erm, hopefully you don't resent it like I do
First world problems that really bug me on 20:16 - May 3 with 919 viewsNewcyBlue

First world problems that really bug me on 20:11 - May 3 by tcblue

Hah, yeah. I remember when travelling abroad for work was something I found a treat.

Erm, hopefully you don't resent it like I do

I am either going to a floating prison or going home.

The first few weeks away, I am a nightmare. Grumpy, shouty, chuck my weight about a bit. I get used to being away and get into the groove of things on board, then get grumpy towards the end.

First world problems that really bug me on 20:24 - May 3 with 909 viewsgreyhound

First world problems that really bug me on 20:16 - May 3 by NewcyBlue

I am either going to a floating prison or going home.

The first few weeks away, I am a nightmare. Grumpy, shouty, chuck my weight about a bit. I get used to being away and get into the groove of things on board, then get grumpy towards the end.

Before I flew on quite a regular basis I remember feeling excited about the fact I would be sleeping on a Sunday night airport floor for 6 hours before I could check in due to some logistical issues. I was so excited about the trip away I didn't care. 3 years and many flights later I turned into the moodiest git ever because I had to stop in dubai for 2 hours mid journey. I literally can't stop in those places I have to constantly move. Its the whole principle of dead time. I always think what I could be doing if not imprisoned in a set area, even though life is less stressful when we slow things down, I resent waiting for anything
First world problems that really bug me on 20:26 - May 3 with 905 viewsNewcyBlue

First world problems that really bug me on 20:24 - May 3 by greyhound

Before I flew on quite a regular basis I remember feeling excited about the fact I would be sleeping on a Sunday night airport floor for 6 hours before I could check in due to some logistical issues. I was so excited about the trip away I didn't care. 3 years and many flights later I turned into the moodiest git ever because I had to stop in dubai for 2 hours mid journey. I literally can't stop in those places I have to constantly move. Its the whole principle of dead time. I always think what I could be doing if not imprisoned in a set area, even though life is less stressful when we slow things down, I resent waiting for anything

I used to like Dubai airport, but something has changed. I just don’t like it any more.

I still stop and speak Tagalog to some of the staff that work there in the shops though.

First world problems that really bug me on 20:27 - May 3 with 905 viewsgreyhound

First world problems that really bug me on 19:29 - May 3 by tcblue

I am ready to subscribe to your newsletter. Shower pressure: Niagara falls (Canadian side) please.

Although wheeling a suitcase through a tube station? UNSUBSCRIBE

I often travel peak zone 1 only. I get anxious that every thinks I'm getting in their way. I probably just need my own lane in life to avoid annoying people.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024