Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who to scrap? 12:49 - May 7 with 6879 viewsITFCed

I would scrap Iorfa, Gleeson, Hyam, Carayol and McGoldrick out of the first team players. It would be nice to keep CCV, Connolly and Celina but think they will all go back to their parent clubs and maybe even play next year for them, in particular Connolly.

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:17 - May 8 with 1163 viewsGarv

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:37 - May 8 by BlueNomad

Does Skuse play hoofball?

He certainly hoofed that ball from Waghorn's corner on Sunday.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Who to scrap? on 13:30 - May 8 with 1140 viewschristiand

Who to scrap? on 13:11 - May 7 by Garv

I'd keep Carayol if we could to some extent guarantee his fitness.

Hyam can't hold down a first team place so I tend to say he should go, but I see his value as a squad player.

Gleeson can go. Ditto Iorfa, although he's had a few good games.

The other loans are all good players, I'd have Celina again but wouldn't be heartbroken if he didn't come. CCV would be a brilliant signing even if again on loan, but I feel that's a little unlikely, will have other offers and may get a look in at Spurs. Would also take Connolly again, I guess this one is a bit more realistic/likely?

Celina's performances seemed to have waned as the season went on and he had less influence on games, so he can go back to the Citizens with our thanks. Carayol is an interesting one, he's got what we lack, but I worry he'll be on the treatment table once he signs a contract more than he actually plays and would be a risk. I'd invite him back for pre-season and see how things go unless he gets offered a deal somewhere else. I'd enquire about Connolly, a good young professional not sure if he'll make an impact at Everton as he must be down the pecking order so he could be worth pursing. CCV I can see us getting on loan again, he'll be way out of our price range unfortunately for a permanent deal. The rest you have highlighted Garv can go IMO.
[Post edited 8 May 2018 14:44]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Who to scrap? on 13:37 - May 8 with 1129 viewsbluewein

Who to scrap? on 09:47 - May 8 by Wallingford_Boy

You think Celina will be playing for Man City next season?!

I'd have CCV and Connolly on loan again, but think only CCV is realistic.

Depends if Fat Sam is still at Everton next season.

If so, he'll throw a few more quid at getting some CM's in and that will shift Connolly down the order even more. I'd welcome him back with open arms personally.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Who to scrap? on 13:51 - May 8 with 1106 viewslongtimefan

Who to scrap? on 11:50 - May 8 by PJH

Although his goal at Reading was because he chased the ball down the middle he was not actually playing through the middle-I assume that you were not at Reading but even if you were I think my point stands.

Saturday's goal also came about by chasing a ball down the right wing . Plus he spent much of the remainder of the game playing a deeper role on the right as we were under the cosh for much of it.
Who to scrap? on 14:10 - May 8 with 1085 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

RE Connolly, outside the players entrance at Reading the other week, when signing autographs/doing photos etc. he did tell one (father and son) set of fans who asked him to stay "I'd stay if the club wanted me to".
Who to scrap? on 14:15 - May 8 with 1076 viewsPJH

Who to scrap? on 13:51 - May 8 by longtimefan

Saturday's goal also came about by chasing a ball down the right wing . Plus he spent much of the remainder of the game playing a deeper role on the right as we were under the cosh for much of it.

Very true although I think on Sunday the set up was for Sears and Waghorn to be playing as a front two. At Reading Sears came on for an injured Carayol to play the role vacated by Carayol,wide right.
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:16 - May 8 with 1075 viewslukey130490

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:55 - May 8 by blueislander

Hopefully neither Chambers nor Skuse will feature much next season, and if we could get a few grand for them they can go as far as I am concerned. You say "a load of kids" rather dismissively. Among those "kids" are Huws, Dozzell, Bishop , Downes, Nydem, Adeyemi, Kenlock, Woolfenden, Morris, Emmanuel, Folemi., and probably some others I have not mentioned. They are our future, and , to me, it looks pretty good.

We need a Chambers and a Skuse in the team, to coach the younger players through the game. Their experience, and respect they command around the club will be vital to our season next year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024