Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Norwich go down next season...? 16:18 - May 10 with 2602 viewsFerguson

Will Norwich go down next season...?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: What Colour for next season's away shirt ?

Will Norwich go down next season...? on 16:19 - May 10 with 2590 viewsKieran_Knows

I don't think they'll go down, but I don't see Farke lasting the full season there this time around though.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Will Norwich go down next season...? on 16:22 - May 10 with 2575 viewsRegencyBlue

A lot depends on Maddison and whether they get to sell him for £20 million so they can plug the financial black hole which losing the parachute payments has opened.

Any news on the Maddison injury by the way?
Will Norwich go down next season...? on 16:28 - May 10 with 2554 viewsNot_My_Team

Will Norwich go down next season...? on 16:22 - May 10 by RegencyBlue

A lot depends on Maddison and whether they get to sell him for £20 million so they can plug the financial black hole which losing the parachute payments has opened.

Any news on the Maddison injury by the way?

Maddison has knee ligament damage, but won’t need an operation. Out for around two months, but should be back just in to pre-season.

No we won’t go down, but I realistically expect us to be mid-table fodder again.

Oh well, it’s only football. ;)
Will Norwich go down next season...? on 17:14 - May 10 with 2463 viewsCurrie10

Will Norwich go down next season...? on 16:28 - May 10 by Not_My_Team

Maddison has knee ligament damage, but won’t need an operation. Out for around two months, but should be back just in to pre-season.

No we won’t go down, but I realistically expect us to be mid-table fodder again.

Oh well, it’s only football. ;)

Why should you realistically expect so little?

You should have been top 5 this season and spectacularly failed.

Should have a little more ambition.
Will Norwich go down next season...? on 18:39 - May 10 with 2337 viewsNot_My_Team

Will Norwich go down next season...? on 17:14 - May 10 by Currie10

Why should you realistically expect so little?

You should have been top 5 this season and spectacularly failed.

Should have a little more ambition.

I disagree that we “should have been top 5”. It was a season of huge transition. Cutting the wage bill by starting to move out the high earners, bringing a manager in that was new to the English game, and a host of loaners, freebies and relatively cheap second/third tier German imports. Half a new team, a new manager, a new system and style of playing. It was always going to take time for the side to gel. On that basis, and despite what the bookies may have suggested pre-season, I think most reasonably minded budgies would have hoped for outside chance of playoffs, perhaps Top 10, but more likely mid-table... so no I don’t see it as a spectacular failure. Disappointment maybe.

Expectations? Watching Norwich for 45 years has tempered my expectations. Of course I want what’s best for my club, and I think we’ve been spoiled somewhat over the past decade. A good deal of fortune in getting Lambert in when we were going nowhere, and have enjoyed the rollercoaster ride in the last ten years. Promotions, relegations, a play-off final win... certainly never been a dull moment. But varying fortunes have always been cyclical for our clubs, and I don’t think it’s unrealistic to think that we will be nothing other than mid-table whilst we readjust on and off the pitch.
Will Norwich go down next season...? on 18:45 - May 10 with 2319 viewsSpruceMoose

Will Norwich go down next season...? on 18:39 - May 10 by Not_My_Team

I disagree that we “should have been top 5”. It was a season of huge transition. Cutting the wage bill by starting to move out the high earners, bringing a manager in that was new to the English game, and a host of loaners, freebies and relatively cheap second/third tier German imports. Half a new team, a new manager, a new system and style of playing. It was always going to take time for the side to gel. On that basis, and despite what the bookies may have suggested pre-season, I think most reasonably minded budgies would have hoped for outside chance of playoffs, perhaps Top 10, but more likely mid-table... so no I don’t see it as a spectacular failure. Disappointment maybe.

Expectations? Watching Norwich for 45 years has tempered my expectations. Of course I want what’s best for my club, and I think we’ve been spoiled somewhat over the past decade. A good deal of fortune in getting Lambert in when we were going nowhere, and have enjoyed the rollercoaster ride in the last ten years. Promotions, relegations, a play-off final win... certainly never been a dull moment. But varying fortunes have always been cyclical for our clubs, and I don’t think it’s unrealistic to think that we will be nothing other than mid-table whilst we readjust on and off the pitch.

You seem to be confusing this ITFC board with a Norwich City one. We do not need such enlightened assessments! We just want to laugh at you!

Good post though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Will Norwich go down next season...? on 19:03 - May 10 with 2304 viewsNot_My_Team

Will Norwich go down next season...? on 18:45 - May 10 by SpruceMoose

You seem to be confusing this ITFC board with a Norwich City one. We do not need such enlightened assessments! We just want to laugh at you!

Good post though.

Haha well sometimes the glaring yellow colours on a certain message board makes my aging eyes ache... so soothe them with a bit of blue and white. ;)

Seriously though, I am interested in your fortunes. I live near Bury so know a lot of Town fans around me. I’d like to see us both doing well, with more of a competitive edge in derby games and across the season. Don’t want you to think I’m gloating or being patronising, but I’ve actually felt quite sad for your supporters over the last couple of years. The apathy that’s understandably crept in. Football has always, is always and forever will be built on hope. Hope that you can achieve. Hope that this year you get one over your rivals. Hope that this is the year of promotion. You guys have had the hope stripped from you in recent seasons, and if you haven’t got that... what’s the bloomin’ point? We all remember a time when we were beside ourselves with excitement on match days. Certainly you would arrange your Saturday’s around going to football with your mates. I understand how, sad as it is, that some have got to the point where they now decide that they’ve got better things to do than go to the football.

My final bloomin’ point. Benjamin Bloom... absolutely love is vlogs. Honest, down-to-earth, funny, passionate and yet humble. He’s done a brilliant job in bringing a little ray of sunshine into what otherwise has been pretty dark times for you blues of late.
Will Norwich go down next season...? on 19:53 - May 10 with 2246 viewsSlambo

Will Norwich go down next season...? on 19:03 - May 10 by Not_My_Team

Haha well sometimes the glaring yellow colours on a certain message board makes my aging eyes ache... so soothe them with a bit of blue and white. ;)

Seriously though, I am interested in your fortunes. I live near Bury so know a lot of Town fans around me. I’d like to see us both doing well, with more of a competitive edge in derby games and across the season. Don’t want you to think I’m gloating or being patronising, but I’ve actually felt quite sad for your supporters over the last couple of years. The apathy that’s understandably crept in. Football has always, is always and forever will be built on hope. Hope that you can achieve. Hope that this year you get one over your rivals. Hope that this is the year of promotion. You guys have had the hope stripped from you in recent seasons, and if you haven’t got that... what’s the bloomin’ point? We all remember a time when we were beside ourselves with excitement on match days. Certainly you would arrange your Saturday’s around going to football with your mates. I understand how, sad as it is, that some have got to the point where they now decide that they’ve got better things to do than go to the football.

My final bloomin’ point. Benjamin Bloom... absolutely love is vlogs. Honest, down-to-earth, funny, passionate and yet humble. He’s done a brilliant job in bringing a little ray of sunshine into what otherwise has been pretty dark times for you blues of late.

Lovely sentiment, thanks mate. We're all East Anglians at the end of the day, int we buh..! I also think we - and by that I mean ALL football fans outside the Sky Cartel - need to see the bigger picture. It's all well and good sticking one over on Norwich (we might actually do it next year..!), but to what end..? The Premier Greed, and the right to get slaughtered by the vanity projects of petro states week in, week out..? Wouldn't it be nice if Ipswich and Norwich could slug it out for the top division title! Pre 1992, that wasn't such a far out concept, y'know...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Login to get fewer ads

Will Norwich go down next season...? on 22:17 - May 10 with 2121 viewsHennikerBlu

Will Norwich go down next season...? on 19:53 - May 10 by Slambo

Lovely sentiment, thanks mate. We're all East Anglians at the end of the day, int we buh..! I also think we - and by that I mean ALL football fans outside the Sky Cartel - need to see the bigger picture. It's all well and good sticking one over on Norwich (we might actually do it next year..!), but to what end..? The Premier Greed, and the right to get slaughtered by the vanity projects of petro states week in, week out..? Wouldn't it be nice if Ipswich and Norwich could slug it out for the top division title! Pre 1992, that wasn't such a far out concept, y'know...

Couldn't agree more great post, derby day is a different matter, but for many of us we have family with webbed hands and feet that can get across the marshes with ease and so we have to get along the rest of the year. Even the Waveney can't keep them out and Beccles Church won't give them the time of day!

Seriously all good banter, I have worked in the border country and many of my relatives are Norfolkians, I enjoyed the flak, I mean constructive feedback :)) I receive from their fans in recent years...... Norwich, I believe have a decent youth set up and like Ipswich I hope they look at local lads, which has to be good for the region.

My favourite Town player played for both Clive Woods!
[Post edited 10 May 2018 22:29]
Will Norwich go down next season...? on 22:55 - May 10 with 2046 viewsbournemouthblue

I'm not sure what I'd rather happened to them

They sail around Lower Midtable, the fans have a massive flounce and drive him out or they sail around midtable, close enough for a run on the play-offs which simply never materialises

Ultimately I'd like them to hold onto Farke for as long as possible whilst their income slowly reduces

We in the mean time kick on and maybe have a play-off finish for once with our new unknown manager :)

A Norwich relegation would be hilarious though

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024