Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli 12:12 - May 30 with 5579 viewsNo9

Cna come into the UK, on an Israeli visa, 6 months at a time but can't work - not that he would need to?

https://www.timesofisrael.com/chelsea-owner-roman-abramovich-immigrates-to-israe
Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:15 - May 30 with 4471 viewsnrb1985

This is part of a worrying narrative for Britain. First Brexit, then the way they polticised the Uber issue and now we are seemingly not wanting the super rich here either - or at least making life very difficult for them.
[Post edited 30 May 2018 12:27]
Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:18 - May 30 with 4453 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:15 - May 30 by nrb1985

This is part of a worrying narrative for Britain. First Brexit, then the way they polticised the Uber issue and now we are seemingly not wanting the super rich here either - or at least making life very difficult for them.

Next thing you know they'll be trying to make it harder to carry out money laundering......crazy!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:24 - May 30 with 4420 viewsNo9

On the face of it he is better off here as an Israeli than he is as a Russian
Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:25 - May 30 with 4420 viewsnrb1985

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:18 - May 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

Next thing you know they'll be trying to make it harder to carry out money laundering......crazy!

Well done on conflating two entirely separate issues there. You sound like John McDonnell.
Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:27 - May 30 with 4398 viewsNo9

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:25 - May 30 by nrb1985

Well done on conflating two entirely separate issues there. You sound like John McDonnell.

He's right - think about it
Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:29 - May 30 with 4397 viewsSteve_M

Politicised Uber by asking them to obey requests from the regulator? And by judges deciding that they couldn't disregard employment law?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:33 - May 30 with 4375 viewsnrb1985

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:29 - May 30 by Steve_M

Politicised Uber by asking them to obey requests from the regulator? And by judges deciding that they couldn't disregard employment law?

Politicised it by not having behind closed doors talks with a major company and instead trying to appeal to the divs in momentum by pressing the nuclear button without any consultation.

I know this to be a fact as a close friend works for one of the magical circle firms that represent Uber.
Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:34 - May 30 with 4366 viewsnrb1985

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:27 - May 30 by No9

He's right - think about it

How does brexit/uber equate to money laundering and what evidence do you have to suggest that RA was using LDN to wash dirty money?
Login to get fewer ads

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:39 - May 30 with 4344 viewsSteve_M

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:33 - May 30 by nrb1985

Politicised it by not having behind closed doors talks with a major company and instead trying to appeal to the divs in momentum by pressing the nuclear button without any consultation.

I know this to be a fact as a close friend works for one of the magical circle firms that represent Uber.

Given TFL regulate Uber in the public interest then why should it's regulation be in private.

It wasn't exactly a nuclear button given that Uber then complied with TFL's requests before the suspension of it's license came into force.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:55 - May 30 with 4286 viewsnrb1985

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:39 - May 30 by Steve_M

Given TFL regulate Uber in the public interest then why should it's regulation be in private.

It wasn't exactly a nuclear button given that Uber then complied with TFL's requests before the suspension of it's license came into force.

In the post Brexit climate I expect responsible politicians, which I have always felt Sadiq Khan to be, to be cautious of doing anything that might appear to be "anti business"

Uber should play by the same rules I agree but I dont think making a big public statement and blind siding a major global corporate without any consultation or prior warning is a smart thing to do.

In my opinion, and many others, this was designed solely to curry favour with the left wing of the labour party and was not acting the interests of the wider city.
Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 14:22 - May 30 with 4191 viewsSpruceMoose

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:55 - May 30 by nrb1985

In the post Brexit climate I expect responsible politicians, which I have always felt Sadiq Khan to be, to be cautious of doing anything that might appear to be "anti business"

Uber should play by the same rules I agree but I dont think making a big public statement and blind siding a major global corporate without any consultation or prior warning is a smart thing to do.

In my opinion, and many others, this was designed solely to curry favour with the left wing of the labour party and was not acting the interests of the wider city.

Tin foil hat time for you mate.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 14:30 - May 30 with 4178 viewsfactual_blue

Rules for operating London #1: never, ever upset the black cab drivers.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 14:33 - May 30 with 4176 viewsnrb1985

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 14:22 - May 30 by SpruceMoose

Tin foil hat time for you mate.

1. I'm not your mate.
2. Why? I have set out reasonably why I thought the uber issue was handled badly. People can disagree but I see nothing there that should cause outrage.
Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 14:36 - May 30 with 4168 viewsSpruceMoose

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 14:33 - May 30 by nrb1985

1. I'm not your mate.
2. Why? I have set out reasonably why I thought the uber issue was handled badly. People can disagree but I see nothing there that should cause outrage.

It was more your rather silly final paragraph that caught my attention, chum.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 14:52 - May 30 with 4139 viewsnoggin

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 14:33 - May 30 by nrb1985

1. I'm not your mate.

"1. I'm not your mate."

Oooh, 'ark at her.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 14:56 - May 30 with 4124 viewsSpruceMoose

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 14:52 - May 30 by noggin

"1. I'm not your mate."

Oooh, 'ark at her.

I tried out 'chum' in my reply. Maybe that'll sit a little better.

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 15:18 - May 30 with 4086 viewsNo9

"Uber should play by the same rules I agree but I dont think making a big public statement and blind siding a major global corporate without any consultation or prior warning is a smart thing to do."

Uber is not the sort of company you need in a country that wants to move forward.
The problems their policies have created around the world have caused too much hardship and fear.

Maybe you haven't noticed that?
Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 15:31 - May 30 with 4074 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:25 - May 30 by nrb1985

Because the super rich never launder money!

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 15:36 - May 30 with 4061 viewsnrb1985

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 15:18 - May 30 by No9

"Uber should play by the same rules I agree but I dont think making a big public statement and blind siding a major global corporate without any consultation or prior warning is a smart thing to do."

Uber is not the sort of company you need in a country that wants to move forward.
The problems their policies have created around the world have caused too much hardship and fear.

Uber is disruptive tech and London very much does need that. Maybe you haven't ntoiced that?
Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 15:37 - May 30 with 4053 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You are Mark Thatcher, you are still lost in the desert (with or without uber) and I claim my £5!

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 15:39 - May 30 with 4043 viewsNo9

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 15:36 - May 30 by nrb1985

Uber is disruptive tech and London very much does need that. Maybe you haven't ntoiced that?

I'm not sure London (or any other urban area) needs any cab company that has behaved in the way which led to Uber losing its licences.
Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 16:14 - May 30 with 3991 viewsjaykay

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 12:34 - May 30 by nrb1985

How does brexit/uber equate to money laundering and what evidence do you have to suggest that RA was using LDN to wash dirty money?

he has a best mate who knows this

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 07:52 - Jun 1 with 3852 viewsnrb1985

Chelsea's new stadium on hold indefinitely - citing "unfavourable investment climate". I wonder what they could possibly mean...

So that's a £1bn infrastructure project and the assoicated jobs seemingly lost for now then.
Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 08:33 - Jun 1 with 3808 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 15:18 - May 30 by No9

Yeah, sticking with the antiquated black cabs only system in London is definitely the future

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 08:46 - Jun 1 with 3775 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chelsea owner becomes an Israeli on 15:31 - May 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

Because the super rich never launder money!

Isn’t that kind of wrapped up in nrb’s point? Brexit was supposed to be about attracting more of the World’s non-EU super rich, a la BoJo’s ‘Global Britain’ nonsense. A bit naive to think the uber rich have got where they have through good old fashioned honest endeavor and paying all their taxes.

I’m completely for us taking a moral stand, but it will make that pot of potential investors considerably smaller than sold in the Make Britain Great Again fantasy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024