Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leave group broke electoral law 09:25 - Jul 4 with 4453 viewsNo9

It is being announced on audio media this morning that the official Leave Group have broken electoral law on 4 counts.
Thsi carries a fine but of course due to the considerable cost to the taxpayer this has caused the leaders should be locked uo for a very long time
Leave group broke electoral law on 09:27 - Jul 4 with 3259 viewsBrixtonBlue

Or just trigger a second vote...

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Leave group broke electoral law on 09:29 - Jul 4 with 3248 viewsNo9

Leave group broke electoral law on 09:27 - Jul 4 by BrixtonBlue

Both?
Leave group broke electoral law on 09:29 - Jul 4 with 3250 viewsSwansea_Blue

Should declare the result null and void

But they won't - don't have the balls for that. There's nothing to stop increasing unfair practice in elections as the penalty is always seen as well worth paying. Anyone found guilty of breaking electoral law should be barred from public service ('service' - ha!) for a period and the result of the election overturned. It'd be carnage but it would soon make them toe the line.

Just to be clear, I think this should apply to all parties, before the 'they did it too' arguments start.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Leave group broke electoral law on 11:21 - Jul 4 with 3186 viewsNo9

Leave group broke electoral law on 09:29 - Jul 4 by Swansea_Blue

Should declare the result null and void

But they won't - don't have the balls for that. There's nothing to stop increasing unfair practice in elections as the penalty is always seen as well worth paying. Anyone found guilty of breaking electoral law should be barred from public service ('service' - ha!) for a period and the result of the election overturned. It'd be carnage but it would soon make them toe the line.

Just to be clear, I think this should apply to all parties, before the 'they did it too' arguments start.

yes,' the they did that ' just as the 'he said/ she said' arguement always arises without lookign at and splitting right from wrong.
The fact this governemtn won't adequately fund the Electoral Commission and empower the other authorities makes a mockery of the supposed democracy we live under?
Leave group broke electoral law on 11:23 - Jul 4 with 3184 viewsGeoffSentence

So the referendum should be null and void then.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Leave group broke electoral law on 11:58 - Jul 4 with 3142 viewsNo9

Leave group broke electoral law on 11:23 - Jul 4 by GeoffSentence

So the referendum should be null and void then.

maybe, if we lived in a rwal democracy?
Leave group broke electoral law on 12:02 - Jul 4 with 3135 viewsHerbivore

Let's not be too hasty here, the Leave campaign say they've carried out their own investigation into their alleged wrongdoing and found that they didn't do anything wrong. Given what an honest and upstanding bunch they are I'm inclined to believe them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Leave group broke electoral law on 14:28 - Jul 4 with 3051 viewsNo9

Leave group broke electoral law on 12:02 - Jul 4 by Herbivore

Let's not be too hasty here, the Leave campaign say they've carried out their own investigation into their alleged wrongdoing and found that they didn't do anything wrong. Given what an honest and upstanding bunch they are I'm inclined to believe them.

I hear now that if the Electoral Commision do fine them heavily the Leave camaign will sue them.
So nothing will happen?
Login to get fewer ads

Leave group broke electoral law on 14:30 - Jul 4 with 3050 viewsHerbivore

Leave group broke electoral law on 14:28 - Jul 4 by No9

I hear now that if the Electoral Commision do fine them heavily the Leave camaign will sue them.
So nothing will happen?

I guess we'll see. Leave clearly have deep pockets and it'll be a test of the Electoral Commission to see if they can follow through with the proposed sanctions. If they can't, our democracy is dead. You've always been able to buy power but at least you had to do it a bit more subtly in the past.

Leave group broke electoral law on 14:33 - Jul 4 with 3039 viewsNo9

Leave group broke electoral law on 14:30 - Jul 4 by Herbivore

I guess we'll see. Leave clearly have deep pockets and it'll be a test of the Electoral Commission to see if they can follow through with the proposed sanctions. If they can't, our democracy is dead. You've always been able to buy power but at least you had to do it a bit more subtly in the past.

& I hear there are 4? cases of illegal activities being investigated by police / MI5? over Aaron Banks dealing with Russians.

Why does no one want to get into what Farage has been up to after being linked to all these organisations?
Leave group broke electoral law on 14:38 - Jul 4 with 3029 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

It all sounded highly debatable when they were talking about it on R4 this morning. I haven’t got time to add more than that
Leave group broke electoral law on 15:22 - Jul 4 with 2991 viewsHerbivore

Leave group broke electoral law on 14:38 - Jul 4 by FrowsyArmLarry

It all sounded highly debatable when they were talking about it on R4 this morning. I haven’t got time to add more than that

How very troll.

Leave group broke electoral law on 15:27 - Jul 4 with 2985 viewsMarinerisGod

All the political parties break it regularly and nothing ever happens, mostly because they make the laws and change them accordingly. However you break the law... you are fooked :)

Being Deadpool for real.
Poll: Best McCarthy

Leave group broke electoral law on 15:42 - Jul 4 with 2961 viewscrazyblue68

Leave group broke electoral law on 09:27 - Jul 4 by BrixtonBlue

Bore off mate
Leave group broke electoral law on 15:57 - Jul 4 with 2931 viewsBrixtonBlue

Leave group broke electoral law on 15:42 - Jul 4 by crazyblue68

Bore off mate

I'm sorry the destruction of our country on a whim is boring to you.

You must be one of those 'I'm alright Jack' types.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Leave group broke electoral law on 16:03 - Jul 4 with 2917 viewscrazyblue68

Leave group broke electoral law on 15:57 - Jul 4 by BrixtonBlue

The vote is what it is. It wont change. Get over it and move on. Stop keep bleating on about it, we are stuck with it, so we have to make the best of it now. Keep asking for a revote isnt happening. Why cant people take this on board?
Leave group broke electoral law on 16:19 - Jul 4 with 2876 viewsJohnWarksTash

Leave group broke electoral law on 16:03 - Jul 4 by crazyblue68

The vote is what it is. It wont change. Get over it and move on. Stop keep bleating on about it, we are stuck with it, so we have to make the best of it now. Keep asking for a revote isnt happening. Why cant people take this on board?

Because we live in a democracy, if you want a dictatorship go to Russia....where the leave campaign was run from. Farage said that if leave lost a 48/52% vote he would keep campaigning and it wouldn't be over so we shall do the same.
Leave group broke electoral law on 16:24 - Jul 4 with 2867 viewsBrixtonBlue

Your argument there is basically shouting "NO!" lots of times with your fingers in your ears.

Please give a logical reason why there shouldn't be a re-vote if electoral law was broken?

Leave group broke electoral law on 16:43 - Jul 4 with 2852 viewscrazyblue68

Leave group broke electoral law on 16:19 - Jul 4 by JohnWarksTash

Because we live in a democracy, if you want a dictatorship go to Russia....where the leave campaign was run from. Farage said that if leave lost a 48/52% vote he would keep campaigning and it wouldn't be over so we shall do the same.

It is a democracy. Hence we voted. People voted out, thats how it works. You dont keep voting until you get what you want, thats not how democracy works.
Leave group broke electoral law on 16:44 - Jul 4 with 2847 viewsNo9

If politicians - who are the legislators- don't get on top of things like this then society quickly becomes broken & corrupt.
We thought we had left this behind but apparently not
Do you want to live in a lawful society or not?
Leave group broke electoral law on 16:45 - Jul 4 with 2846 viewscrazyblue68

Leave group broke electoral law on 16:24 - Jul 4 by BrixtonBlue

Your argument there is basically shouting "NO!" lots of times with your fingers in your ears.

Please give a logical reason why there shouldn't be a re-vote if electoral law was broken?

We have voted. Get over it and move on. Its not changing any day soon.
Leave group broke electoral law on 16:51 - Jul 4 with 2828 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Leave group broke electoral law on 16:24 - Jul 4 by BrixtonBlue

Depends on interpretation. One of the things mentioned is that some funds were paid to a leave org that wasn’t part of the main org. Nothing wrong with that. The issue is that someone from leave sent an email explaining that they couldn’t take more donations (as they’d be over budget) and explaining funds could be used elsewhere. Whether you interpret that as officially diverting funds depends on the detail I.e did the money actually ever hit a vote leave bank account? (I would imagine)
Leave group broke electoral law on 16:51 - Jul 4 with 2827 viewscrazyblue68

Leave group broke electoral law on 16:44 - Jul 4 by No9

If politicians - who are the legislators- don't get on top of things like this then society quickly becomes broken & corrupt.
We thought we had left this behind but apparently not
Do you want to live in a lawful society or not?

Both sides broke rules. Dont get me wrong l have no time for politicians,but we had the vote, we voted out, thats how it works. Now we have to live with it. The process wont stop now, its already cost too much and we are too far down the road now with it anyway
Leave group broke electoral law on 16:52 - Jul 4 with 2826 viewsGlasgowBlue

Leave group broke electoral law on 15:57 - Jul 4 by BrixtonBlue

Yet you will vote for policies that the same experts say will wreck the economy. Hypocritastic.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Leave group broke electoral law on 16:54 - Jul 4 with 2817 viewsNo9

Leave group broke electoral law on 16:51 - Jul 4 by crazyblue68

Both sides broke rules. Dont get me wrong l have no time for politicians,but we had the vote, we voted out, thats how it works. Now we have to live with it. The process wont stop now, its already cost too much and we are too far down the road now with it anyway

That shouldn't prevent the law being upheld should it?
The miscreants should still be prosecuted for law breaking
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024