Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greetings from deepest darkest Wales 09:28 - Jul 9 with 1579 viewshype313

I take my hat of to anyone making the journey from Suffolk to Cardiff and Swansea over the years, that is a brutal drive.

12th man, have you done those away trips, because for me, if you have then that's my criteria for a superfan.

On reflection I should have tweeted this.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 09:34 - Jul 9 with 1557 viewsSwansea_Blue

Turning it round, that's why most of my games these days are away matches! An annual pilgrimage is more than enough. Especially if you've got nippers in tow.

Highlight of Swans getting relegated is that I've got a game on my doorstep . Shame about Cardiff going up though. WBA isn't too bad for me, but then that just replaces Wolves.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 09:37 - Jul 9 with 1547 viewshype313

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 09:34 - Jul 9 by Swansea_Blue

Turning it round, that's why most of my games these days are away matches! An annual pilgrimage is more than enough. Especially if you've got nippers in tow.

Highlight of Swans getting relegated is that I've got a game on my doorstep . Shame about Cardiff going up though. WBA isn't too bad for me, but then that just replaces Wolves.

I feel your pain, I'd had enough by the time I hit the Severn bridge, only to realise I had another hour and a half to go, savage drive, you have a couple of easyish fixtures from where you are and that's your lot from my experience!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 09:40 - Jul 9 with 1542 viewsSwansea_Blue

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 09:37 - Jul 9 by hype313

I feel your pain, I'd had enough by the time I hit the Severn bridge, only to realise I had another hour and a half to go, savage drive, you have a couple of easyish fixtures from where you are and that's your lot from my experience!

Yeah, it's been Cardiff (1 hr) and Bristol (2hrs) as the nearest for a while. West midlands about 2.5 hrs. Anything beyond that gets a drag and impossible anyway if the boy has football on the Saturday morning.

As you say, brutal drive. And pretty dull too.

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 09:57 - Jul 9 with 1516 viewsWeWereZombies

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 09:40 - Jul 9 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, it's been Cardiff (1 hr) and Bristol (2hrs) as the nearest for a while. West midlands about 2.5 hrs. Anything beyond that gets a drag and impossible anyway if the boy has football on the Saturday morning.

As you say, brutal drive. And pretty dull too.

I used to drive from just south of Cambridge to Merthyr Tydfil every month, get to the M42 before 07:20 and everything was a doddle after that, and mountains pretty soon after the border, bliss. Then I got to Merthyr...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 10:16 - Jul 9 with 1474 viewsfactual_blue

'deepest darkest Wales'.

Or 'Wales' to put it more accurately.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 10:19 - Jul 9 with 1470 viewsSwansea_Blue

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 09:57 - Jul 9 by WeWereZombies

I used to drive from just south of Cambridge to Merthyr Tydfil every month, get to the M42 before 07:20 and everything was a doddle after that, and mountains pretty soon after the border, bliss. Then I got to Merthyr...

Yeah, that's a nice route M50 and then Heads of the Valleys. A gorgeous part of the world around Ross to Abergavenny. Yeah, let's not talk about Merthyr - makes Chantry look posh!

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 10:42 - Jul 9 with 1436 viewsWeWereZombies

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 10:19 - Jul 9 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, that's a nice route M50 and then Heads of the Valleys. A gorgeous part of the world around Ross to Abergavenny. Yeah, let's not talk about Merthyr - makes Chantry look posh!

One morning a lad got his hand stuck in a machine, now why would his co-workers rush him off to A&E when they could stand around laughing at him for ten minutes?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 11:03 - Jul 9 with 1410 viewsGeoffSentence

My daughter went to university at Aberystwyth. Now that's a raggedy old journey from the Ipswich-Shotley-Sudbury Golden Triangle.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 11:05 - Jul 9 with 1407 viewsBluebell

One could of course ask why you have gone to Wales if not for football?

I love Wales actually but as you say a b*gger to get to even from Oxfordshire. Some of the beaches are incredible.
Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 14:06 - Jul 9 with 1328 viewsParisBlue

I live in Cardiff so make the journey in the opposite direction. I used to live in Bristol, the extra 50 miles between Bristol and Cardiff is a killer.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 14:09 - Jul 9 with 1325 viewsITFC_Forever

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 11:05 - Jul 9 by Bluebell

One could of course ask why you have gone to Wales if not for football?

I love Wales actually but as you say a b*gger to get to even from Oxfordshire. Some of the beaches are incredible.

The Gower peninsula is stunning.... I personally like Caswell and Rhossili, but all around there is lovely. Like a mini-Cornwall.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 14:12 - Jul 9 with 1321 viewsSwansea_Blue

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 14:09 - Jul 9 by ITFC_Forever

The Gower peninsula is stunning.... I personally like Caswell and Rhossili, but all around there is lovely. Like a mini-Cornwall.

Yep, I took a stroll down to Caswell late yesterday afternoon with the kids for a swim in the warm, crystal clear waters over golden sands. It was hell [smug face]

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 14:14 - Jul 9 with 1314 viewsKeno

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 10:16 - Jul 9 by factual_blue

'deepest darkest Wales'.

Or 'Wales' to put it more accurately.

The land that time forgot .... boyo

theres lovely

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 14:36 - Jul 9 with 1277 viewsEatonBlue

Greetings from deepest darkest Wales on 11:03 - Jul 9 by GeoffSentence

My daughter went to university at Aberystwyth. Now that's a raggedy old journey from the Ipswich-Shotley-Sudbury Golden Triangle.

Yes that is a long trip but try doing Norfolk to Tenby on a regular basis, as I used to do when my parents retired there !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024