Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think this sums up the odious toad nicely 08:37 - Jul 11 with 3690 viewsfactual_blue

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/10/opinion/boris-johnson-resignation-brexit.html

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 08:43 - Jul 11 with 3124 viewsartsbossbeard

I've read the article and I'm still unsure as to when we get are county back.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 08:43 - Jul 11 with 3123 viewsfloridaboy

Well written article. Hopefully the baffoon will disappear, never to be seen again.

Him as prime minister is nearly as terrifying as Corbyn!
I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 08:44 - Jul 11 with 3107 viewsartsbossbeard

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 08:43 - Jul 11 by floridaboy

Well written article. Hopefully the baffoon will disappear, never to be seen again.

Or May!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 08:44 - Jul 11 with 3111 viewsBrianTablet

I smell fake news.
In the second line it describes Johnson as 'a politician', not as 'a populist, attention-seeking baboon'.

:-)

Actually, it's a very succinct summary of this debacle.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 08:45 - Jul 11 with 3100 viewsBrianTablet

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 08:43 - Jul 11 by artsbossbeard

In 1736.
Jacob just needs to tweak his time machine.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 08:47 - Jul 11 with 3094 viewsLord_Lucan

Actually that’s quite a poor article.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 08:47 - Jul 11 with 3093 viewsfactual_blue

Who has stolen Suffolk then?

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 08:49 - Jul 11 with 3088 viewsgtsb

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 08:43 - Jul 11 by floridaboy

Terrifying as Corbyn!!!! You do realise who your President is I assume.
Login to get fewer ads

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 08:55 - Jul 11 with 3057 viewsartsbossbeard

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 08:47 - Jul 11 by Lord_Lucan

Actually that’s quite a poor article.

How so, LL?

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 09:04 - Jul 11 with 3028 viewsfloridaboy

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 08:49 - Jul 11 by gtsb

Terrifying as Corbyn!!!! You do realise who your President is I assume.

My country has a Queen and prime minister! Although I do wish sometimes I reside in the US but too old now unfortunately!
I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 09:15 - Jul 11 with 2994 viewsfactual_blue

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 08:55 - Jul 11 by artsbossbeard

How so, LL?

Doesn't mention burgers?

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 09:22 - Jul 11 with 2974 viewsfactual_blue

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 09:04 - Jul 11 by floridaboy

My country has a Queen and prime minister! Although I do wish sometimes I reside in the US but too old now unfortunately!

You're Danish then?

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 09:28 - Jul 11 with 2960 viewsfactual_blue

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 08:45 - Jul 11 by BrianTablet

In 1736.
Jacob just needs to tweak his time machine.

The 18th century is a bit modern and a bit too anti-catholic for our tax efficient Jesuit.

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 09:34 - Jul 11 with 2949 viewsBluefish

That is spot on. As a nation it appears the yanks have now overtaken us in intellect, this is very worrying.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 09:39 - Jul 11 with 2932 viewsLord_Lucan

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 08:55 - Jul 11 by artsbossbeard

How so, LL?

It’s all over the place.

Firstly she says that Johnson was pro Europe which is rubbish, he has always been a Eurosceptic. If after such a glaring error you choose to read on then you get to the bit soon after when she says that Brexiters sold the country a series of lies and false hope on the economy and immigration, well of course both sides may have bent the truth but a series of lies? Well that depends I suppose on whether you have the intelligence to read what is said or read it how people want you to swallow it. The bus thing is a major example, the bus never said that £x would be spent on NHS, it said that £350m was sent to Europe but let’s fund the NHS instead. Whoever read that as spending £350m on the NHS can’t read.

She says that Brexiters claimed that we would be better out and more prosperous as a nation and that that was misleading but the real fact is we don’t know. We may have opinions but that is it. Opinions.

Davis has resigned because he could not go with Chequers, he had no option if he can’t support something that he is entrusted to deliver.

Whether Boris has resigned because he was worried about Davis or whether he couldn’t support Chequers we don’t really know but I find it weird that loads of people have been calling for Boris to resign but then fall about themselves when he does.

I could go on but I’m on my phone on a train and this is taking too long.

So many people on here from both sides love to jump on articles if it supports their view - regardless of whether the article is worth a toss, they beat it around like a big stick, it’s often laughable.

Some posters actually say what they think and articulate it but often we have threads which are basically article throwing. Don’t forget journalists are hardly impartial.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 9:48]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 09:47 - Jul 11 with 2904 viewsfactual_blue

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 09:39 - Jul 11 by Lord_Lucan

It’s all over the place.

Firstly she says that Johnson was pro Europe which is rubbish, he has always been a Eurosceptic. If after such a glaring error you choose to read on then you get to the bit soon after when she says that Brexiters sold the country a series of lies and false hope on the economy and immigration, well of course both sides may have bent the truth but a series of lies? Well that depends I suppose on whether you have the intelligence to read what is said or read it how people want you to swallow it. The bus thing is a major example, the bus never said that £x would be spent on NHS, it said that £350m was sent to Europe but let’s fund the NHS instead. Whoever read that as spending £350m on the NHS can’t read.

She says that Brexiters claimed that we would be better out and more prosperous as a nation and that that was misleading but the real fact is we don’t know. We may have opinions but that is it. Opinions.

Davis has resigned because he could not go with Chequers, he had no option if he can’t support something that he is entrusted to deliver.

Whether Boris has resigned because he was worried about Davis or whether he couldn’t support Chequers we don’t really know but I find it weird that loads of people have been calling for Boris to resign but then fall about themselves when he does.

I could go on but I’m on my phone on a train and this is taking too long.

So many people on here from both sides love to jump on articles if it supports their view - regardless of whether the article is worth a toss, they beat it around like a big stick, it’s often laughable.

Some posters actually say what they think and articulate it but often we have threads which are basically article throwing. Don’t forget journalists are hardly impartial.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 9:48]

He became a Eurosceptic to further his own ambitions.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-brexit-speech-changed-his-mind-remai

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 09:51 - Jul 11 with 2885 viewsNo9

Wer'e not the governemtn have given awaay too much & spent too much on brexit they cannot afford to protect the East Anglian coastline & want the Sede's to do it

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/environment/vattenfall-no-sea-defences-for-happsibur
I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 10:05 - Jul 11 with 2853 viewsfloridaboy

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 09:22 - Jul 11 by factual_blue

You're Danish then?

Sorry born, raised and live in good old Ipswich, Suffolk, not that it has too much going for it at the moment!
I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 10:15 - Jul 11 with 2834 viewsLord_Lucan

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 09:47 - Jul 11 by factual_blue

He became a Eurosceptic to further his own ambitions.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-brexit-speech-changed-his-mind-remai

Actually it was the other way around, he softened his approach to further his ambitions.

You forget he was stationed in Brussels long before becoming an MP, writing for the Telegraph for the sole purpose of reporting on the European Commission - of whom he caused regular annoyance for his anti EU stance, in fact he was possibly the only anti EU journalist to be seen out there.

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 10:17 - Jul 11 with 2827 viewsTJS

I've tried my best to give him a chance but he is just a twit.
I also really cannot understand the rave reviews over his book on Churchill.
I managed the first few chapters but gave up as I just found the endless preachy hero worshipping tedious.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 10:18]
I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 10:24 - Jul 11 with 2808 viewsNo9

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 10:15 - Jul 11 by Lord_Lucan

Actually it was the other way around, he softened his approach to further his ambitions.

You forget he was stationed in Brussels long before becoming an MP, writing for the Telegraph for the sole purpose of reporting on the European Commission - of whom he caused regular annoyance for his anti EU stance, in fact he was possibly the only anti EU journalist to be seen out there.

& got sacked for making up false stories about the EU
Boris bus safety rubbish - UTTERLY MAD on 10:27 - Jul 11 with 2807 viewsunstableblue

He's focussed on one vehicle safety standard that got his goat from Brussels....

He's a fr!ckin b@ffoon!! for one we HAVE opted out of specific EU road safety laws (some which would have actually benefited road safety, such as cross border penalties for bad driving), so we have an element of CONTROL.

But he forgets the whole point... with common standards we can import goods and sell them to Europe with no red tape; we can get economies of scale from developing and enforcing standards, reducing bureaucracy.

These Tory id!ots focus on only the negatives from Brussels... they just have a complete blind spot on the good.

Its a joke

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Boris bus safety rubbish - UTTERLY MAD on 10:30 - Jul 11 with 2798 viewsNo9

Boris bus safety rubbish - UTTERLY MAD on 10:27 - Jul 11 by unstableblue

He's focussed on one vehicle safety standard that got his goat from Brussels....

He's a fr!ckin b@ffoon!! for one we HAVE opted out of specific EU road safety laws (some which would have actually benefited road safety, such as cross border penalties for bad driving), so we have an element of CONTROL.

But he forgets the whole point... with common standards we can import goods and sell them to Europe with no red tape; we can get economies of scale from developing and enforcing standards, reducing bureaucracy.

These Tory id!ots focus on only the negatives from Brussels... they just have a complete blind spot on the good.

Its a joke

There is also a fact that the UK will have to accept the European courts if they want to sell services (as well as goods) into the EU.
And, they will still have to accept being paid in Euros as well as accepting the exchange rate risk
I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 10:33 - Jul 11 with 2793 viewsLord_Lucan

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 10:24 - Jul 11 by No9

& got sacked for making up false stories about the EU

But he wasn't though.

He was sacked by The Times before he joined The Telegraph and that was nothing to do with the EU.

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 10:34 - Jul 11 with 2786 viewsNo9

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely on 10:33 - Jul 11 by Lord_Lucan

But he wasn't though.

He was sacked by The Times before he joined The Telegraph and that was nothing to do with the EU.

Straight bananas ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024