Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More housing propaganda 12:14 - Jul 17 with 94827 viewsmonytowbray

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/money/how-i-live-69500-salary-saving-buy-a-f

She earns £69,000 a year, that's how she can afford to save for a house. She's not really making any sacrifices, she just has a very well paid job.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 12:23]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

More housing propaganda on 17:04 - Jul 17 with 9092 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 17:00 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Err why would you need a deposit for a 100% mortgage?

You really need to look up how 100% mortgages work.

You have gone from having a different view to looking like a complete moron. You've just broken the seal on the bottle of thick and it's dripping everywhere.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 17:05 - Jul 17 with 9087 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 17:04 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Please explain what check my privilege is supposed to mean? Do you mean because I was born a few years before you? Pretty sure it was the same country and backgrounds we were born into and we were raised a few miles apart

Yes, that's exactly what it means. You were granted a privilege when it comes to housing because you were born earlier.

Well done. At least you can grasp some things.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 17:07 - Jul 17 with 9082 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 17:04 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

You really need to look up how 100% mortgages work.

You have gone from having a different view to looking like a complete moron. You've just broken the seal on the bottle of thick and it's dripping everywhere.

How about you calm yourself down and stop name calling. 100% mortgages do not have a deposit, it means you are borrowing the full amount of the house. You can also go beyond and borrow more than the value. Explain where that is wrong or apologise

https://www.money.co.uk/mortgages/100-mortgages.htm?track=292629&creative=259782

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

More housing propaganda on 17:09 - Jul 17 with 9075 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 17:05 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

Yes, that's exactly what it means. You were granted a privilege when it comes to housing because you were born earlier.

Well done. At least you can grasp some things.

How many years are we talking I am 38

You are very rude and angry

More housing propaganda on 17:13 - Jul 17 with 9070 viewsDanTheMan

More housing propaganda on 17:07 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

How about you calm yourself down and stop name calling. 100% mortgages do not have a deposit, it means you are borrowing the full amount of the house. You can also go beyond and borrow more than the value. Explain where that is wrong or apologise

https://www.money.co.uk/mortgages/100-mortgages.htm?track=292629&creative=259782

Unless Callis is earning a crap load, no way he's getting a 100% mortgage.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

More housing propaganda on 17:16 - Jul 17 with 9058 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 17:13 - Jul 17 by DanTheMan

Unless Callis is earning a crap load, no way he's getting a 100% mortgage.

We are not allowed to mention what he earns

More housing propaganda on 17:18 - Jul 17 with 9054 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 17:07 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

The page you links LITERALLY EXPLAINS how you are wrong.

"The percentage of your property's value that the mortgage covers is called the loan to value (LTV). Most mortgages have an LTV of less than 100%, so you usually cover the rest of the property's value with either:
A deposit
Equity in your current home, which is the amount of it you own yourself"

"Most of the mortgages in this comparison are not available if you are buying your first home"

"However, you need someone to be named on your mortgage as your guarantor. This person must agree to make your mortgage payments if you fall behind and either:
Agree for their own house to be used as security against your mortgage
Keep a lump sum in a savings account with your lender for a few years"

I'm not apologising for anything. I've bit my tongue with your lazy generalisations for 7 pages of this thread, and we're now at the point were I am bored of it. You're making yourself look stupid by posting things you've not even bothered to check over yourself. That is what I'd describe as being lazy, wrong or thick.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 17:20 - Jul 17 with 9047 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 17:18 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

The page you links LITERALLY EXPLAINS how you are wrong.

"The percentage of your property's value that the mortgage covers is called the loan to value (LTV). Most mortgages have an LTV of less than 100%, so you usually cover the rest of the property's value with either:
A deposit

"Most of the mortgages in this comparison are not available if you are buying your first home"

"However, you need someone to be named on your mortgage as your guarantor. This person must agree to make your mortgage payments if you fall behind and either:
Agree for their own house to be used as security against your mortgage
Keep a lump sum in a savings account with your lender for a few years"

I'm not apologising for anything. I've bit my tongue with your lazy generalisations for 7 pages of this thread, and we're now at the point were I am bored of it. You're making yourself look stupid by posting things you've not even bothered to check over yourself. That is what I'd describe as being lazy, wrong or thick.

Do me a favour let me know which bit of that says a 100% mortgage needs a deposit....I'll wait.....thicko

Login to get fewer ads

More housing propaganda on 17:22 - Jul 17 with 9042 viewsuefacup81

More housing propaganda on 17:20 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Do me a favour let me know which bit of that says a 100% mortgage needs a deposit....I'll wait.....thicko

Sorry Callis, but Truce has a point here.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

More housing propaganda on 17:23 - Jul 17 with 9037 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 17:22 - Jul 17 by uefacup81

Why are you saying sorry to him? He is rude and wrong. If is laughable

More housing propaganda on 17:24 - Jul 17 with 9035 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 17:20 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Q
Can I get a mortgage without a deposit?
A
Yes, if you have a guarantor.

Read up on how guarantors work with 100% mortgages.

And also, from the post...

A deposit

You can call me names if you like, I'm not the one who everyone is facepalming at in this thread ;)
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 17:27]

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 17:26 - Jul 17 with 9031 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 17:22 - Jul 17 by uefacup81

But I'm a first time buyer, no one is going to give me a 100% mortgage, so that alone pretty much makes his point irrelevant.

The only way would be a guarantor or a holding fee, so it would mean financial support from someone else, or still having a load of money saved to get said 100% mortgage.

He's literally picked apart his own argument.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 17:28 - Jul 17 with 9024 viewsuefacup81

More housing propaganda on 17:26 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

But I'm a first time buyer, no one is going to give me a 100% mortgage, so that alone pretty much makes his point irrelevant.

The only way would be a guarantor or a holding fee, so it would mean financial support from someone else, or still having a load of money saved to get said 100% mortgage.

He's literally picked apart his own argument.

Callis, I agree with most of the points you're making, but you have to accept that Truce is correct about 100% mortgages - the buyer does not need a deposit.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

More housing propaganda on 17:28 - Jul 17 with 9021 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 17:24 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

Q
Can I get a mortgage without a deposit?
A
Yes, if you have a guarantor.

Read up on how guarantors work with 100% mortgages.

And also, from the post...

A deposit

You can call me names if you like, I'm not the one who everyone is facepalming at in this thread ;)
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 17:27]

Oooh keep going.....

You said you need a mortgage with a 100% mortgage and I was wrong, i have you opportunities to correct this but you called me thick.....a bit awkward for you really.

Does it say all 100% require a guarantor? Is that a completely different matter altogether?

I have no idea if they all do require a guarantor but if I was you I would spend some more time with a mortgage advisor and less time calling people thick that clearly know more than you

More housing propaganda on 17:30 - Jul 17 with 9016 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 17:28 - Jul 17 by uefacup81

Callis, I agree with most of the points you're making, but you have to accept that Truce is correct about 100% mortgages - the buyer does not need a deposit.

And that was the bit I was arguing and he was calling me names over. He won't give in though.

You can also get 100% for 1st time buyers from multiple lenders. A 5 second mortgage search told me that

More housing propaganda on 17:32 - Jul 17 with 9009 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 17:30 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

And that was the bit I was arguing and he was calling me names over. He won't give in though.

You can also get 100% for 1st time buyers from multiple lenders. A 5 second mortgage search told me that

Find me a 100% mortgage fit for me as a first time buyer, that doesn't involve me dragging my family into it or having some large form of savings.

I bet you can't.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 17:33 - Jul 17 with 9003 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 17:28 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Oooh keep going.....

You said you need a mortgage with a 100% mortgage and I was wrong, i have you opportunities to correct this but you called me thick.....a bit awkward for you really.

Does it say all 100% require a guarantor? Is that a completely different matter altogether?

I have no idea if they all do require a guarantor but if I was you I would spend some more time with a mortgage advisor and less time calling people thick that clearly know more than you

7 pages of this thread would suggest you don't know much about any of this at all.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 17:33 - Jul 17 with 9001 viewssparks

More housing propaganda on 17:28 - Jul 17 by uefacup81

He's moved sideways in classic callis fashion... It is highly unlikely he will have the integrity to admit it, based on prior experience...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

More housing propaganda on 17:36 - Jul 17 with 8987 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 17:33 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

7 pages of this thread would suggest you don't know much about any of this at all.

I was clever enough to buy a house though and to understand a 100% mortgage

ATB

More housing propaganda on 17:37 - Jul 17 with 8989 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 17:33 - Jul 17 by sparks

He's moved sideways in classic callis fashion... It is highly unlikely he will have the integrity to admit it, based on prior experience...

Truce has spent 7 pages in this thread making a fool of himself. But here he is, Sparks, jumping in finally because he's found his window to have a pop.

Such a sh1tstirrer.

I stand by my comment there is not a 100% mortgage anywhere that won't want a financial form of safeguard from me, be it a guarantor or money up front.

https://www.gocompare.com/mortgages/100-mortgages/

I also often admit when I'm wrong too, lots of evidence on this forum. I noted you got bored of the chat about young footballers recently when you realised it couldn't be used as ammo for a row.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 17:39]

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 17:38 - Jul 17 with 8980 viewssparks

More housing propaganda on 17:37 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

Truce has spent 7 pages in this thread making a fool of himself. But here he is, Sparks, jumping in finally because he's found his window to have a pop.

Such a sh1tstirrer.

I stand by my comment there is not a 100% mortgage anywhere that won't want a financial form of safeguard from me, be it a guarantor or money up front.

https://www.gocompare.com/mortgages/100-mortgages/

I also often admit when I'm wrong too, lots of evidence on this forum. I noted you got bored of the chat about young footballers recently when you realised it couldn't be used as ammo for a row.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 17:39]

That wasnt what you argued. Will you just have the dignity to accept that and move on? Your other points may well be valid.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

More housing propaganda on 17:41 - Jul 17 with 8960 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 17:38 - Jul 17 by sparks

That wasnt what you argued. Will you just have the dignity to accept that and move on? Your other points may well be valid.

Deposit may have been the wrong word and I can accept that, however anything that involves putting money in up front as a safeguard in my view comes under the same challenge I face of needing money up front.

Truce is acting like I can waltz in my bank tomorrow and get a house no problem. He knows that isn't true. I know it isn't. You know it isn't. He's being very liberal with the real world yet again to try and make out the first time buyer crisis is fiction.

TWTD never forgets…

More housing propaganda on 17:42 - Jul 17 with 8955 viewssparks

More housing propaganda on 17:41 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

Deposit may have been the wrong word and I can accept that, however anything that involves putting money in up front as a safeguard in my view comes under the same challenge I face of needing money up front.

Truce is acting like I can waltz in my bank tomorrow and get a house no problem. He knows that isn't true. I know it isn't. You know it isn't. He's being very liberal with the real world yet again to try and make out the first time buyer crisis is fiction.

It wasnt a semantic mistake. Good grief. You were just wrong. We are all wrong sometimes.

More housing propaganda on 17:44 - Jul 17 with 8944 viewsBluefish

More housing propaganda on 17:41 - Jul 17 by monytowbray

Crisis

More housing propaganda on 17:47 - Jul 17 with 8982 viewsmonytowbray

More housing propaganda on 17:42 - Jul 17 by sparks

It wasnt a semantic mistake. Good grief. You were just wrong. We are all wrong sometimes.

I quoted examples of how I'd need money up front. It was semantic. I admitted fault for that.

I think you should try taking things at face value every now and then.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024