Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move 10:53 - Jul 19 with 7994 viewsmaccyd9

but only if Hurst is given the money.

If that sale enabled us to go and get Nsiala, Tilt, Nolan, Eisa (all examples) + 1 or 2 others then for me it would be good business.

We are a selling club until we get back in to the Prem. If that means wheeling and dealing in the hope one day it comes together then that's fine with me.

As much as I rate it him there is no guarantees Waghorn will reach the standards of this season in what was pretty much a one off in his career.
I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 10:54 - Jul 19 with 3210 viewsportmanking

That whole post was null and void from the moment you said 'only if Hurst is given the money'.
I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 10:55 - Jul 19 with 3203 viewsKieran_Knows

That's the way that I see it as well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 10:56 - Jul 19 with 3197 viewsKieran_Knows

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 10:54 - Jul 19 by portmanking

That whole post was null and void from the moment you said 'only if Hurst is given the money'.

Before we jump down the throat of Evans, shall we just see in 3 weeks time, once the window is closed?

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 10:58 - Jul 19 with 3170 viewsportmanking

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 10:56 - Jul 19 by Kieran_Knows

Before we jump down the throat of Evans, shall we just see in 3 weeks time, once the window is closed?

I could sense frustration in Hurst's voice talking about how we were 'no further forward' in transfers post-Crawley. It's like Groundhog Day.

Can anyone seriously see us selling Waghorn and going on a spree of 3-4 talented players in the lower leagues?! We'll be priced out of moves for most of them because clubs would know we have 7-8m to spend.
I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 10:59 - Jul 19 with 3161 viewsWestcountryblue

Absolutely not.

7m is far below the market rate for a striker of Waghorn’s assist and goal output...espiecally with the crazy premiership parachute money being spent. Let’s learn from the Webster deal and actually dig our feet in and drive a real hard deal if we’re going to sell him.

If Marcus has any ambitions, then I’d hope he’d keep Waghorn and continue to invest the Webster and Knight money into bringing 2-3 more of PH’s targets. We have some very good players in this team and are capable of being outside play off contenders, but we need to show ambition.
I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:00 - Jul 19 with 3145 viewsSteve_M

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 10:56 - Jul 19 by Kieran_Knows

We've not replaced Webster or Smith yet, nor McGoldrick so that's three players we need just to match last season's squad strength. Our record on bringing players in late in a transfer window isn't good.

If Waghorn goes then we are instantly a lot weaker, how many goals are in the rest of the squad at the moment?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:00 - Jul 19 with 3138 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 10:59 - Jul 19 by Westcountryblue

Absolutely not.

7m is far below the market rate for a striker of Waghorn’s assist and goal output...espiecally with the crazy premiership parachute money being spent. Let’s learn from the Webster deal and actually dig our feet in and drive a real hard deal if we’re going to sell him.

If Marcus has any ambitions, then I’d hope he’d keep Waghorn and continue to invest the Webster and Knight money into bringing 2-3 more of PH’s targets. We have some very good players in this team and are capable of being outside play off contenders, but we need to show ambition.

How many players close to 29 years of age with one good season in the Champ have gone for more than £7-8m?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:01 - Jul 19 with 3136 viewsKieran_Knows

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 10:58 - Jul 19 by portmanking

I could sense frustration in Hurst's voice talking about how we were 'no further forward' in transfers post-Crawley. It's like Groundhog Day.

Can anyone seriously see us selling Waghorn and going on a spree of 3-4 talented players in the lower leagues?! We'll be priced out of moves for most of them because clubs would know we have 7-8m to spend.

'Can anyone seriously see us selling Waghorn and going on a spree of 3-4 talented players in the lower leagues?! We'll be priced out of moves for most of them because clubs would know we have 7-8m to spend.'

No, I can't in all honesty, but I'll reserve judgement for another 3 weeks or so yet. In an ideal world, we won't sell Waghorn but Evans will back Hurst with who he wants to bring in anyway.

Login to get fewer ads

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:01 - Jul 19 with 3128 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Totally agree.

Would be nice if we could get a bit more, but I don't feel that Waghorn is a £10m player.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:03 - Jul 19 with 3104 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:00 - Jul 19 by Steve_M

We've not replaced Webster or Smith yet, nor McGoldrick so that's three players we need just to match last season's squad strength. Our record on bringing players in late in a transfer window isn't good.

If Waghorn goes then we are instantly a lot weaker, how many goals are in the rest of the squad at the moment?

Not replaced Webster yet? Hes only just left the building.

To be fair, Webster and McGoldrick were passengers towards the back end of last season.

As other posters have said, lets judge this when the window closes.

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:03 - Jul 19 with 3101 viewsWestcountryblue

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:00 - Jul 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

How many players close to 29 years of age with one good season in the Champ have gone for more than £7-8m?

If we dig our feet in, do you really think clubs with Premiership parachute money are going to be put off by a couple of extra million ? I doubt it.

I think we should keep him and bring in another striker to support him. We have some good players in this squad and it’s not unrealistic to think we can give it a go this season.
I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:05 - Jul 19 with 3084 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:03 - Jul 19 by Westcountryblue

If we dig our feet in, do you really think clubs with Premiership parachute money are going to be put off by a couple of extra million ? I doubt it.

I think we should keep him and bring in another striker to support him. We have some good players in this squad and it’s not unrealistic to think we can give it a go this season.

Id love to see us get a bit more, but as I said, I don't see us getting more than £8m for him.

My preference would be to keep him, but if he really wants to go there is no point in keeping a player who doesnt want to play for the club.

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:06 - Jul 19 with 3081 viewsportmanking

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:03 - Jul 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not replaced Webster yet? Hes only just left the building.

To be fair, Webster and McGoldrick were passengers towards the back end of last season.

As other posters have said, lets judge this when the window closes.

Webster's been gone nearly a fortnight and the clock is ticking on the transfer window... while we dither, other clubs will nip in e.g. Tilt and Rangers.
I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:06 - Jul 19 with 3073 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:01 - Jul 19 by Kieran_Knows

'Can anyone seriously see us selling Waghorn and going on a spree of 3-4 talented players in the lower leagues?! We'll be priced out of moves for most of them because clubs would know we have 7-8m to spend.'

No, I can't in all honesty, but I'll reserve judgement for another 3 weeks or so yet. In an ideal world, we won't sell Waghorn but Evans will back Hurst with who he wants to bring in anyway.

Very sensible posts.

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:06 - Jul 19 with 3075 viewscrazyblue68

Nearly all those you mention are being targeted by bigger clubs than us, dont think we will get any of those names. 3 weeks and counting, this is begining to look a real mess.
I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:07 - Jul 19 with 3067 viewschicoazul

We sold Webster 4 weeks ago. Evans said in his interview nothing will change on the financial side of things. People like the OP who think when we sell someone for a big fee we will then sign half a new team are dreaming/deluded.

EDIT; 3 weeks, beg your pardon.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 11:08]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:07 - Jul 19 with 3066 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:06 - Jul 19 by crazyblue68

Nearly all those you mention are being targeted by bigger clubs than us, dont think we will get any of those names. 3 weeks and counting, this is begining to look a real mess.

Panic merchant.

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:10 - Jul 19 with 3048 viewsBrixtonBlue

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:00 - Jul 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

28 is an excellent age for a striker. Possibly entering his prime.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:11 - Jul 19 with 3042 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:06 - Jul 19 by portmanking

Webster's been gone nearly a fortnight and the clock is ticking on the transfer window... while we dither, other clubs will nip in e.g. Tilt and Rangers.

Wow, you do stress about things dont you.

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:13 - Jul 19 with 3016 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:07 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

We sold Webster 4 weeks ago. Evans said in his interview nothing will change on the financial side of things. People like the OP who think when we sell someone for a big fee we will then sign half a new team are dreaming/deluded.

Hurst has already reinvested some of that money in Williams.

Our manager on the Webster sale;

“But overall I was more than happy to agree to that sale and to try and use that money to strengthen the squad overall.”

Chill out bro.

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:15 - Jul 19 with 3003 viewsmaccyd9

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:07 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

We need to sign half a team regardless of whether Waghorn goes. The Waghorn money would for me just add to the quality of what we could bring in.

People seem to forget that Garner was very much ahead of Waghorn for much of the first half of the season and Waghorn has just posted a career best of goals and assists.

I was one that felt we should have sold Didz to Leicester for £7m and hindsight proves we should have.

For the record, I accept I'm basing a lot of my opinion on Hurst knowing the lower leages and being able to find a gem.....but isn't that his alleged strength as a manager?
I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:16 - Jul 19 with 2990 viewsportmanking

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:15 - Jul 19 by maccyd9

We need to sign half a team regardless of whether Waghorn goes. The Waghorn money would for me just add to the quality of what we could bring in.

People seem to forget that Garner was very much ahead of Waghorn for much of the first half of the season and Waghorn has just posted a career best of goals and assists.

I was one that felt we should have sold Didz to Leicester for £7m and hindsight proves we should have.

For the record, I accept I'm basing a lot of my opinion on Hurst knowing the lower leages and being able to find a gem.....but isn't that his alleged strength as a manager?

Again - the Waghorn money would simply line Evans' pocket, not enhance the calibre of player we could bring in!
I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:19 - Jul 19 with 2960 viewscrazyblue68

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:07 - Jul 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Panic merchant.

No , reality, Evans will not release the money for the players people keep shouting about. Webster has been gone 4 weeks, what have we done in the way of getting defenders in ? Jack sh!t. All this talk of Tilt, he isnt coming here. Rangers will snare him. Apart from that, there hasnt been any real progress at all.
3 weeks and thats it, the transfer window shuts l think the way things are going we will be lucky to get 1 more freebie/loanee/2 division player in.
I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:19 - Jul 19 with 2945 viewsStokieBlue

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:03 - Jul 19 by Westcountryblue

You think we can give it a go? I think most see this season as rebuilding and a chance to Hurst to get things where he wants them for the season after.

What do you mean as support? To play alongside as or backup as from the matches so far it's clear Hurst isn't going to play two strikers.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:21 - Jul 19 with 2936 viewschicoazul

I think cashing in on Waghorn for £7m+ would be a sensible move on 11:13 - Jul 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Hurst has already reinvested some of that money in Williams.

Our manager on the Webster sale;

“But overall I was more than happy to agree to that sale and to try and use that money to strengthen the squad overall.”

Chill out bro.

Presumably you mean Gwion Edwards, a winger. I assure you I am very sanguine and as I have said a few times I am not really moaning for a couple of weeks yet. I simply dont understand why people think things will be different from the Mick years when it comes to spending money especially when the Owner has told us all it wont be.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024