Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sitting down at away games 11:55 - Aug 12 with 10985 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

If your gonna do it sit at the front. Poor atmosphere yesterday which is a Shame as we travelled in good numbers. It just makes things difficult that some want to stand and some want to sit. Surely there is a way to organise this so people who want to stand are not told to sit.

However, I did enjoy the performance and thought we were unlucky. This is going to take time but it will work.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 11:56]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Sitting down at away games on 11:02 - Aug 13 with 1223 viewsJon_456

Sitting down at away games on 09:12 - Aug 13 by Mugwump

But if you buy a seat for a train, the opera, or even a pantomime you wouldn't decide to sit somewhere else, you would sit on the seat you were allocated. What if 6 people want to sit together but can't because some other people have taken those seats?

I can understand some people standing and singing at certain exciting parts of the game but why all of the game? This sort of action prevents some old people and people with young kids going. Do you stand on the train on the way up?

Why do some people need to sing all game?

To support the team. Maybe you should give it a go some time.
Sitting down at away games on 12:26 - Aug 13 with 1176 viewsTractorWood

Sitting down at away games on 09:12 - Aug 13 by Mugwump

But if you buy a seat for a train, the opera, or even a pantomime you wouldn't decide to sit somewhere else, you would sit on the seat you were allocated. What if 6 people want to sit together but can't because some other people have taken those seats?

I can understand some people standing and singing at certain exciting parts of the game but why all of the game? This sort of action prevents some old people and people with young kids going. Do you stand on the train on the way up?

Technically you very rarely actually buy a seat on a train. A normal train ticket doesn't entitle you to a seat, it just entitles you to passage.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Sitting down at away games on 12:31 - Aug 13 with 1167 viewsitfcpaul

Sitting down at away games on 06:39 - Aug 13 by Benters2

Please excuse me if im wrong,but are you the chap with the disabled wife?

So you are always in the front row is that right?

Having said that i remember being a Upton Park and the disabled section was right up the top!

Certainly as near as possible

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Sitting down at away games on 12:41 - Aug 13 with 1150 viewsMugwump

Sitting down at away games on 11:02 - Aug 13 by Jon_456

I was really commenting on the standing but hey ho.

Don’t blame the daft rules if you get moaned at while standing, some people can’t do it so you are spoiling their experience and wasting their money.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 13:46]
Sitting down at away games on 12:43 - Aug 13 with 1143 viewsMugwump

Sitting down at away games on 12:26 - Aug 13 by TractorWood

Technically you very rarely actually buy a seat on a train. A normal train ticket doesn't entitle you to a seat, it just entitles you to passage.

Really? If you pre book to save money then normally you are allocated a seat. In any case, would you stand on a train if you had a seat?
My missus is a shortarse and.... on 12:58 - Aug 13 with 1123 viewsBloots

...as a result can barely see anything if everyone stands up.

But I don't really care, it's her look out and frankly women shouldn't go to football anyway.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Sitting down at away games on 17:40 - Aug 13 with 1061 viewsFifeITFC

So, are you saying that if people want to sit/can't stand for long periods have to sit at a lower vantage point rather than seeing the vantage point of their choosing even though they've paid the same price as you and have the same entitlement as you (not mentioning the ground regulations regarding seating)?

Why should people sitting have an inferior/lower view of the game?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Sitting down at away games on 17:42 - Aug 13 with 1053 viewsTractorWood

Sitting down at away games on 12:43 - Aug 13 by Mugwump

Really? If you pre book to save money then normally you are allocated a seat. In any case, would you stand on a train if you had a seat?

Agree. A normal commuter day return, single etc doesn't entitle you to a seat.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Sitting down at away games on 17:51 - Aug 13 with 1039 viewsBenters2

Sitting down at away games on 11:02 - Aug 13 by Jon_456

You wait and see,we havent had the weekly 'how do we improve the atmosphere at PR' thread,that will be Sunday morning no doubt.

FFS people its football,people like to stand and sing,while others dont,but dont try and stop those who do like to stand and sing.

We all moan about the Leeds fans,but they make plenty noise at away games.They all stood aat Derby.

Sadly we have a right bunch of fannies now as fans,all this be patient bolox.

Poke it im out.

TGM/TN

FOFN.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024