Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Grealish 11:36 - Aug 17 with 3969 viewsitfcjoe

Looking forward to seeing him in action tomorrow.

Best player in the league - a shame he didn't go to Spurs.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jack Grealish on 12:43 - Aug 17 with 1020 viewsSW6Tractor

Jack Grealish on 12:05 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Will be interesting to see. I think Maddison might fare better.

Agree. Maddison's end product is so much better. Looks like he's going to flourish in the Leicester side as well.
Jack Grealish on 12:45 - Aug 17 with 1018 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jack Grealish on 12:15 - Aug 17 by WarkTheWarkITFC

As much as it pains me to say it, I think Maddison is a much better player and will go on to be an England regular for many years to come. Within a year or two I can see one off the big clubs taking him of Leicester's hands for an enormous fee, which is a shame as you know who will get a large slice of the sell on.

Maddison demands the ball like Grealish, but has much more to his game overall. Grealish is a metronome that keeps a jazz tune ticking along nicely. Maddison is the heart of a dance track. A lot livelier, a lot more penetration, with a goal or a deadly pass in him at any time.

Grealish is over rated. Incredibly comfortable on the ball but he doesn't do what Maddison does in terms of starting position and immediately spotting a pass or opportunity. I wouldn't bet against Maddison going on to be the best player that lot have ever had play for them.

They've never really had a player go on and become an England regular, apart from the likes of Ashton, who was in and around the squad after leaving. Grealish is a Premier League player. Maddison sadly is going to be absolutely top drawer.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 12:19]

I think Grealish is more Joe Cole tha n Luka Modric

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jack Grealish on 12:54 - Aug 17 with 998 viewsKieran_Knows

Jack Grealish on 12:43 - Aug 17 by SW6Tractor

Agree. Maddison's end product is so much better. Looks like he's going to flourish in the Leicester side as well.

Indeed. Thought he played well against United last Friday, was surprised to see him taken off so early.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jack Grealish on 13:28 - Aug 17 with 961 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Jack Grealish on 11:43 - Aug 17 by Herbivore

I think he often flatters to deceive. He doesn't score or assist regularly enough for a player who is more or less given free reign to roam. He's neat and tidy enough, bit of a horrid little sh!t too, but the money Villa were asking for him was well out of kilter with his genuine value imo.

I completely agree with this post. There are times when I wonder what all the fuss is about surrounding Jack.

Even in these times of inflated prices, £40 million sounds excessive IMHO.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 13:32]
Jack Grealish on 17:02 - Aug 17 with 895 viewsHennikerBlu

Jack Grealish on 12:01 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

I dont think he was better than James Maddison last season. I think his reputation is a little over inflated. But, yes, a bloody good player.

Wouldn't disagree. Have you seen some of the feedback on Maddison? Very positive of course early days. I think both Maddison and Grealish belong in the Prem' and possible England players. It is a different league with a bit more time on the ball compared to the more in your face Championship (depending on the team).

If Spurs wanted him then they should have gone cash early on when Villa had cash flow issues. As Herbi says they do not need him, at least as a regular, which is fair enough, however, they have not done any (?) business in the Summer which could come back to haunt them with Champions League etc.
Jack Grealish on 18:51 - Aug 17 with 842 viewsBloomBlue

His not that good that's why Spurs didn't but him
Jack Grealish on 19:21 - Aug 17 with 828 viewsTractorWood

He's excellent but very easy to dislike. He'll run the game tomorrow I'm sure. Far too good for this league but probably not quite good enough for the tip of the Prem. Needs a year in Spain or Italy to progress his career but English football is too good (rich) for that.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024