Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grealish overrated 18:02 - Aug 18 with 6818 viewsjungleboy

He could only kick with his right foot. Villa gave him the ball everyone and he just ran across the pitch going nowhere with no threat at all. Not worth all those millions.
Grealish overrated on 21:32 - Aug 18 with 2362 viewsHennikerBlu

Grealish overrated on 21:21 - Aug 18 by wkj

Yes, I can say he was the best player on the pitch by miles last season, no question of quibble at all. Though Joe's similar assesment of him today was no where near as cut and dry as his stat sheet suggests, and I think he wasn't the best player today.

Today for me is where Hurst has demonstrated his credentials at this level. I think Villa expected us to just fold once down to 10 and kept trying to appeal to the ref rather than focus on playing their game. This will feel like a loss to them.

Instead our players showed little fear and kept going. As for Grealish, clearly he did not have the game he wanted, but I think that is a reflection of our team performance, over a season if his form remains similar to last season, he will remain a stand out player. I suspect though he will be offski in Jan.
Grealish overrated on 21:37 - Aug 18 with 2347 viewsHennikerBlu

Grealish overrated on 21:24 - Aug 18 by BrixtonBlue

He does wear shin pads - child's ones. It's a lucky omen thing.

That did make me chuckle! Are they really kids ones? They did remind me of Batman boots as in the original TV series.
Grealish overrated on 21:38 - Aug 18 with 2340 viewsBloomBlue

Grealish overrated on 18:10 - Aug 18 by gazzer1999

I don't know what game you were at, but he was class above everyone on the pitch. He needs a move away from villa to really show off his talents, could you imagine if we had a player as good as him, hardly wasted a pass, always looked as though he could do something. Yes he's a prima donna but so was Beckham, if he stays under Bruce he will be stifled. Villa should have buried us but went like a mick mac team and played for a point, refreshing performance from the Town.

Class players don't need to cheat and he was cheating all game. In the second half he stood on the ball and demanded a foul, he also kicked out at Skuse off the ball a clear booking, but Skuse isn't a diver like Grealish if it has been the other way round Grealish would be rolling around. Plus for the sending off he was tapping his pocket to the ref to get the player sent off.

Plus he never ran the game, if he was that good against 10 men Villa would have won.
His an average player.
Grealish overrated on 21:46 - Aug 18 with 2339 viewsBrixtonBlue

Grealish overrated on 21:37 - Aug 18 by HennikerBlu

That did make me chuckle! Are they really kids ones? They did remind me of Batman boots as in the original TV series.

Tis true. The commentator said it during one of the play off games last season.

Won't be such a lucky omen if someone breaks his leg because it wasn't properly protected!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Grealish overrated on 22:26 - Aug 18 with 2314 viewsBasuco

Grealish overrated on 20:30 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

Best player on the pitch, didn't give it away all game.

Goes down too easily, but gets kicked from pillar to post every week

but very few, if any, forward passes and he made no defence splitting passes, a few times the strikers were making runs between our defenders and he just played the safe easy pass wide. Today he created nothing I can remember to cause us a problem and got caught in possession quite a few times, particularly Edwards. Good Championship player but I am not sure he could step up at the moment.
Grealish overrated on 09:00 - Aug 19 with 2232 viewsBrixtonBlue

Grealish overrated on 22:26 - Aug 18 by Basuco

but very few, if any, forward passes and he made no defence splitting passes, a few times the strikers were making runs between our defenders and he just played the safe easy pass wide. Today he created nothing I can remember to cause us a problem and got caught in possession quite a few times, particularly Edwards. Good Championship player but I am not sure he could step up at the moment.

Be fair, he caused us lots of problems... but we defended them really well.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Grealish overrated on 09:13 - Aug 19 with 2218 viewsHerbivore

Gwion Edwards was the best player on the pitch imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Grealish overrated on 09:20 - Aug 19 with 2212 viewsclive_baker

I don’t think he is, i think he’s a really good footballer and technically superior to anyone else in this division IMO. His antics yesterday didn’t do him any favours though. He’s good enough not to have to behave like that. I worry for his sake that the head on his shoulders might be his downfall rather than his ability. Time will tell.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Grealish overrated on 09:23 - Aug 19 with 2208 viewsBarneycurley

Grealish overrated on 09:20 - Aug 19 by clive_baker

I don’t think he is, i think he’s a really good footballer and technically superior to anyone else in this division IMO. His antics yesterday didn’t do him any favours though. He’s good enough not to have to behave like that. I worry for his sake that the head on his shoulders might be his downfall rather than his ability. Time will tell.

As if he's going to spurs or their ilk. He's a big fish in a small pond. As I've said in other threads - No shots on goal no defence splitting balls just easy sideways passes. Limited

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Grealish overrated on 10:21 - Aug 19 with 2178 viewspoppiesman

Probably the most overrated player in the Championship.
How many goals did he score last season in a decent Villa team? Not many thats for sure.
Always looking for free kicks and dives far too easily.
Even if Spurs did sign him, he is nowhere near good enough to be in their starting line up.
Grealish overrated on 10:51 - Aug 19 with 2163 viewsshoopdelang

Oh come off it. He’s different class doesn’t get I’ve the ball away. None of our players could get near him.
Grealish overrated on 10:57 - Aug 19 with 2154 viewsBloomBlue

Edwards was the best player on the pitch yesterday.
Grealish overrated on 11:15 - Aug 19 with 2137 viewsshoopdelang

Grealish overrated on 10:21 - Aug 19 by poppiesman

Probably the most overrated player in the Championship.
How many goals did he score last season in a decent Villa team? Not many thats for sure.
Always looking for free kicks and dives far too easily.
Even if Spurs did sign him, he is nowhere near good enough to be in their starting line up.

You do not understand football. Everyone's entitled to an opinion even those who have not played the game at any level however the fact you've based him being overrated on his lack of goals and diving is crazy. If he had it all he would be playing for Barcelona. It is his potential that is staggering. His balance and ability to find a pass and draw players in creates so much space for the team he is in.
Grealish overrated on 12:49 - Aug 19 with 2102 viewspoppiesman

Grealish overrated on 11:15 - Aug 19 by shoopdelang

You do not understand football. Everyone's entitled to an opinion even those who have not played the game at any level however the fact you've based him being overrated on his lack of goals and diving is crazy. If he had it all he would be playing for Barcelona. It is his potential that is staggering. His balance and ability to find a pass and draw players in creates so much space for the team he is in.

Of course it's relevant.
His lack of goals for an attacking midfielder, shows he isn't very good at finishing or shooting, yes he may have potential, but he certainly isn't as good a player as some (including himself) make out he is. He didn't exactly set the Championship alight last season and was almost anonymous in the play off final, Cairney of Fulham outplayed him in a similar role.
There's a reason only one or maybe two Premier League clubs tried to get him this summer and why they were not to pay over the odds for him, because he is far far away from being the finished article.
Good player yes I agree but not as good as some seem to think.
Grealish overrated on 12:55 - Aug 19 with 2100 viewsBueller

Not sure what game you were at but he is clearly class. His passing/vision was excellent all game. However does need to stay on his feet, last 20 was going down every time he was touched.

Easily a prem player.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 13:01]
Grealish overrated on 13:26 - Aug 19 with 2077 viewsitfcjoe

Grealish overrated on 12:49 - Aug 19 by poppiesman

Of course it's relevant.
His lack of goals for an attacking midfielder, shows he isn't very good at finishing or shooting, yes he may have potential, but he certainly isn't as good a player as some (including himself) make out he is. He didn't exactly set the Championship alight last season and was almost anonymous in the play off final, Cairney of Fulham outplayed him in a similar role.
There's a reason only one or maybe two Premier League clubs tried to get him this summer and why they were not to pay over the odds for him, because he is far far away from being the finished article.

Anonymous in PO Final? Fulham took it in turns to foul him all game and that led to one red card and should have been two

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Grealish overrated on 14:23 - Aug 19 with 2045 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Grealish overrated on 12:49 - Aug 19 by poppiesman

Of course it's relevant.

There’s a reason that one of the clubs that tried to sign him was Tottenham, who have finished in the top 3 in the past 3 seasons...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Grealish overrated on 14:23 - Aug 19 with 2044 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Grealish overrated on 09:23 - Aug 19 by Barneycurley

As if he's going to spurs or their ilk. He's a big fish in a small pond. As I've said in other threads - No shots on goal no defence splitting balls just easy sideways passes. Limited

Haha 🙈

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Grealish overrated on 14:46 - Aug 19 with 2031 viewsLankHenners

Clearly a very talented player and bizarre yesterday that Villa didn't try and make the most of having him and McGinn on the ball. Every time either of them had possession they looked like they could create something but insisted on pumping it long or into the channels for most of the game.

If he keeps behaving like he does though it'd be a surprise to see him get much higher in the career ladder - plenty of players in the Prem with his skill level that don't resort to constant diving and whining. Seems to enjoy playing the villain which worked against him yesterday when he had a golden chance to score but got too cocky and tried to keep taking more and more players on before he ran into a brick wall in the shape of Nsiala.

I think some people are a bit gushing over him but he's not 'overrated' by most sensible opinions on him. Obviously he's also a massive vvanker and it was a joy to see Janoi poleaxe him yesterday.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Grealish overrated on 17:17 - Aug 19 with 1972 viewsjaykay

Grealish overrated on 20:46 - Aug 18 by itfcjoe

Everything goes through him - just had a look on whscored.com though and out of 12 'Key Passes' in the game (Villa 7 - ITFC 5), Grealish had 5 of them.

83% pass accuracy
More successful dribbles than anyone on pitch
6 fouls committed on him (12 fouls in total)
Dispossessed once (Out of 22 total for Villa)
Touched the ball more than anyone on pitch (Bad touches 0, total for Villa 14)

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1288707/LiveStatistics/England-Championship-20

I know stats are stats, but no-one was close to him for quality today - people just don't like him which I understand, but he has serious quality

do you think whoscored web site is correct. as on sky highlights of sheff u against scum it David McGoldrick who sets up the winner , but whoscored says it leon clarke.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024