Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. 23:07 - Aug 21 with 9925 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Whilst I think it was 100% time for MM to move on, I have been to all 4 league games this season and cant see too much different from under MM.

We may be passing to ball slightly more, but not in threatening areas at all. We have scored 3 league goals, neither centre forward has recorded a goal yet. We are playing 5 across the midfield and there is definitely still an element of 'long ball football'.

Am I missing something?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 23:09 - Aug 21 with 5571 viewsSuperblue95

You appear to be missing the fact that we are 4 games into a new season with a new manager and 9 new players.

Yes the start to the season has been disappointing but to judge the style of football or results any time before xmas is very premature

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 23:10 - Aug 21 with 5567 viewsAlong

yes, your are missing Mick, me too a bit
I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 23:15 - Aug 21 with 5535 viewsBlueAllOver

Nope, Bart goes long virtually every time and so do most of the back four, not sure what people are watching to say we are playing out from the back. Some nice passing at times in the middle of the pitch. Certainly not the massive difference some make out. That is not a criticism of Hurst, as to be fair the defensive unit he has are not particularly suited for controlled passing from the back.

A decent striker on loan if possible got to be the priority.
I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 23:16 - Aug 21 with 5521 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 23:09 - Aug 21 by Superblue95

You appear to be missing the fact that we are 4 games into a new season with a new manager and 9 new players.

Yes the start to the season has been disappointing but to judge the style of football or results any time before xmas is very premature

What does that have to do with playing 5 across the midfield, with one striker.

Having watched Shrewsbury a total of 8 times last season I have an idea of how PH likes his teams to play. He does base his teams defensive first, he does play 1 up front, he does play 4-1-4-1. His strikers are isolated, his strikers dont score enough goals, his strikers dont get enough support. He bases a lot of philosophy on fitness and out running people.

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:16 - Aug 21 with 5514 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 23:10 - Aug 21 by Along

yes, your are missing Mick, me too a bit

absolutely not.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 23:17]

I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 23:18 - Aug 21 with 5501 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 23:15 - Aug 21 by BlueAllOver

Nope, Bart goes long virtually every time and so do most of the back four, not sure what people are watching to say we are playing out from the back. Some nice passing at times in the middle of the pitch. Certainly not the massive difference some make out. That is not a criticism of Hurst, as to be fair the defensive unit he has are not particularly suited for controlled passing from the back.

A decent striker on loan if possible got to be the priority.

Some nice passing in midfield but not in any dangerous areas what so ever. The back four are going long far too much. But it leaves the striker so isolated as the midfield have no time to get up in support.

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:24 - Aug 21 with 5446 viewsAlong

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:16 - Aug 21 by TheTrueBlue1878

absolutely not.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 23:17]

I think you are pining for him a bit, you wouldn't bring him up otherwise....its ok you can admit it
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:27 - Aug 21 with 5419 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:24 - Aug 21 by Along

I think you are pining for him a bit, you wouldn't bring him up otherwise....its ok you can admit it

Couldn't stand him, thought he was toxic for the club. Was 100% time for him and the club to move forward, but after making such a stance about the entertainment value on display. I currently cant see any more entertainment at the moment, as well as much better football on display.

Login to get fewer ads

I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 23:27 - Aug 21 with 5416 viewsBluefish

The emperor has new clothes and you just need to look harder

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 23:28 - Aug 21 with 5415 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 23:27 - Aug 21 by Bluefish

The emperor has new clothes and you just need to look harder

What...?

I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 23:30 - Aug 21 with 5398 viewsBluefish

I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 23:28 - Aug 21 by TheTrueBlue1878

What...?

Did you not go to school?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 23:35 - Aug 21 with 5372 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 23:30 - Aug 21 by Bluefish

Did you not go to school?

I know what you're talking about now.

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:40 - Aug 22 with 5231 viewsITFCBlues

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:27 - Aug 21 by TheTrueBlue1878

Couldn't stand him, thought he was toxic for the club. Was 100% time for him and the club to move forward, but after making such a stance about the entertainment value on display. I currently cant see any more entertainment at the moment, as well as much better football on display.

What exactly did you want to see after 4 games? We’ve got 9 new players, with the potential of 3 more to arrive. A new manager who’s still trying to get his ideas across & also get his squad together. That includes moving more out and bringing in his own.

It’ll take more than 2 months on the training ground to make changes. This season will be difficult. It’s next season where you’d need to see change or else your statements would carry some weight.

But for now, give things a chance ffs

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

(No subject) (n/t) on 01:49 - Aug 22 with 5188 viewsMrTown

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:40 - Aug 22 by ITFCBlues

What exactly did you want to see after 4 games? We’ve got 9 new players, with the potential of 3 more to arrive. A new manager who’s still trying to get his ideas across & also get his squad together. That includes moving more out and bringing in his own.

It’ll take more than 2 months on the training ground to make changes. This season will be difficult. It’s next season where you’d need to see change or else your statements would carry some weight.

I agree.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 1:50]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

(No subject) (n/t) on 02:17 - Aug 22 with 5158 viewsBlueDiamond

I am not sure the Championship gives you time to fiddle about trying to make a silk purse out of a pig's ear. The games come thick and fast and we have a team generally experienced at playing at a lower level.

No-one (except me) wanted to give MM more time, so this is the cheap option ME has given you.

There is absolutely no reason to suppose it is going to work. It might, but my money would be on relegation.

I am not sure at what point so many became convinced that what, on paper at least, looks like a potential disaster is in fact a genius way of getting promoted??
I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 03:02 - Aug 22 with 5126 viewseddiespearitt03

Poor game. Poor result.
I noticed many of the Derby attacks were coming down our left flank and they had more success doing that …..than coming down the right flank.

Our 2 new recruits in the back 4 are fairly solid and defend very well. Where as Chambers & Knudsen were/are struggling big time.

The service from midfield was stifled by resolute defending and our attacking was just too predictable. When we did manage to get down the wing and plonk the ball into the box it either went to their first defender of their goal-keeper or over the top of anyone.

We need a 4-4-2, to then try and move the ball through the middle as well as the wing. With a midfielder sitting too deep it means we get over run in the middle of the park. We must vary our attacking play . Would like to see Smith or Rowe up front with Harrison and possibly Jackson or Roberts on the left.
I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 03:17 - Aug 22 with 5118 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Suppose for argument sake Hurst is an unmitigated disaster with us and we endure a season where the club finds itself around the relegation zone by end of season amid a run of poor sub-standard performances..

Would Evans even realize or see it, least of all consider finding a replacement.

Point being, one scenario you got to entertain, is that Hurst could be another Keane, Jewell or McCarthy (I actually had respect for Magilton so will allow the honor of omission from such a list) and it could take years while they continue in their place and not a damn thing's done about it until enough damage has occurred.

I admit it's unlikely, but feasible all the same. Some will always insist Hurst and this club should not have made agreements. Mind you any name would have been worth the risk after the garbage of before, but scores and believe performances such as today will only enhance and nurture continued skepticism within areas of the fanbase.
I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 06:03 - Aug 22 with 5027 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 23:09 - Aug 21 by Superblue95

Why have so many been queuing up to hail how positive Hurst’s football has been then?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

(No subject) (n/t) on 06:04 - Aug 22 with 5021 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bielsa seems to be doing ok

I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 06:06 - Aug 22 with 5015 viewsBenters2

i watched it i enjoyed how we played tbh,im not sure where we will finish this season,but for me anyway its made it a very interesting season having PH in charge.
(No subject) (n/t) on 07:36 - Aug 22 with 4829 viewsSamWhiteUK

(No subject) (n/t) on 06:04 - Aug 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Clubs financially in a different position though aren't they
I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 10:06 - Aug 22 with 4651 viewsSuperblue95

I have to be honest, I cant say I saw too much different from MM tonight. on 06:03 - Aug 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Why have so many been queuing up to hail how positive Hurst’s football has been then?

Probably more so the potential of how good it could be when (if) it all clicks. I've only seen the Villa match so I can't comment much on the others but there were significantly less hoofs and much more passing around opponents/running at players than in previous seasons.

We are far from the finished article but I'm not overly concerned about us. Certainly can't understand the moaning and panic by about 70% of this forum

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:11 - Aug 22 with 4625 viewsITFCBlues

(No subject) (n/t) on 06:04 - Aug 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

True, but it's a small sample of games. Let's see where Leeds finish?

He's also not had to change 9 players! He's hardly made any changes to that Leeds side...

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:16 - Aug 22 with 4535 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:11 - Aug 22 by ITFCBlues

True, but it's a small sample of games. Let's see where Leeds finish?

He's also not had to change 9 players! He's hardly made any changes to that Leeds side...

Haha so for Hurst it was always going to take time for a new manager to have an effect, but elsewhere who start strongly it’s wait and see where they finish?

Hurst didn’t have to sign 9 players he chose to. We also finished above Leeds last season...
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 11:17]

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:21 - Aug 22 with 4500 viewsITFCBlues

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:16 - Aug 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Haha so for Hurst it was always going to take time for a new manager to have an effect, but elsewhere who start strongly it’s wait and see where they finish?

Hurst didn’t have to sign 9 players he chose to. We also finished above Leeds last season...
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 11:17]

Well no - we could've had a squad of about 13-14 players, but instead he signed 9! It wasn't exactly a decision, unless we decided we wanted to give Gleeson, Hyam, Carayol etc contracts - but we'd obviously decided to go down a different route.

We HAD to sell Waghorn, as has been talked about this week. Garner was similar. Webster, i don't think anyone can really argue that the money on offer was too good to turn down for a player that was always injured.

You can argue if he's got the right players in of course. But a lot of those that have left HAD to be replaced.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024