Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pennington sounds a good loan to me 14:44 - Aug 31 with 1526 viewsBluefish

Pretty sure he scored 2 on his Everton debut??

He makes sense that he will be fighting for a place opposed to expecting to walk in. This means Toto can come back. He is also a young player but with some experience.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 14:55 - Aug 31 with 1487 viewsCurrie10

Apparently he cannot defend set pieces, and was at Leeds when their season completely collapsed last season.

It's a no from me - but I'd love to be proved wrong and him do very well for us.
Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 14:56 - Aug 31 with 1478 viewsKeaneish

Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 14:55 - Aug 31 by Currie10

Apparently he cannot defend set pieces, and was at Leeds when their season completely collapsed last season.

It's a no from me - but I'd love to be proved wrong and him do very well for us.

Agreed. Not what i was hoping for either and to be honest, it feels like he was far down the pecking order too...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] テつ」2.65 Million and Waiting?

Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 14:58 - Aug 31 with 1461 viewsThijssens_Tash

I would've gone for Nedum Onouha, free agent and experienced
Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 14:59 - Aug 31 with 1458 viewsurbanblue

Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 14:56 - Aug 31 by Keaneish

Agreed. Not what i was hoping for either and to be honest, it feels like he was far down the pecking order too...

Nothing like being positive eh!
Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 15:02 - Aug 31 with 1432 viewsKeaneish

Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 14:59 - Aug 31 by urbanblue

Nothing like being positive eh!

We need experience there at the moment. Too many soft goals conceded. I'd have a liked a more experienced pro to come in rather than more youth. We have a lot of that already. This is the only signing i have some conjecture with and given it's 2 hours before the deadline and 4 other targets have failed. I think it's fair...

Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 15:06 - Aug 31 with 1404 viewsCurrie10

Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 15:02 - Aug 31 by Keaneish

We need experience there at the moment. Too many soft goals conceded. I'd have a liked a more experienced pro to come in rather than more youth. We have a lot of that already. This is the only signing i have some conjecture with and given it's 2 hours before the deadline and 4 other targets have failed. I think it's fair...

This.

That leaves us with a wobbly Chambers this season, Nsiela currently out, Knudsen as a makeshift, Everton loanee and Woolfenden.

Sorry, but to me that doesn't appear a solid enough set of options at CB.

Coupled with the other end, are we going to get enough goals!?

Time will tell, but hoped for a lot more.

Oh - and should he sign we're back to 6 loanees! Who is going to be the 2018 Massimo Luango!? Ridiculous.
Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 15:10 - Aug 31 with 1367 viewsKeaneish

Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 15:06 - Aug 31 by Currie10

This.

That leaves us with a wobbly Chambers this season, Nsiela currently out, Knudsen as a makeshift, Everton loanee and Woolfenden.

Oh - and should he sign we're back to 6 loanees! Who is going to be the 2018 Massimo Luango!? Ridiculous.

I loved the look of Tilt from what i saw in the highlight's reel. Looks a real decent defender and would have provided competition. I don't se it with Pennington. When Nsiala is back, the back 4 picks itself whereas midfield and upfront has tonnes of options.

I'm not too adverse to the number of loanees but this doesn't feel like the right one.

Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 15:12 - Aug 31 with 1357 viewsBluefish

Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 15:06 - Aug 31 by Currie10

This.

I would say it seems donacien will be sorted soon if not 1 becomes squad cover for a day much like others in the squad.

An experienced cb on loan means Toto misses out or we drop the captain. This way they can compete amongst the 3 of them plus cover in Spence Jonas and wolfie

We have looked solid at the back this season apart from set pieces and deflections. Chambers is our best defender for defending set pieces and He is the one you presumably propose to swap. If you want experience to make us solid from set pieces it makes more sense to drop nsialsa and then we are slow at the back from open play. Pennington is young but strong

Login to get fewer ads

Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 15:14 - Aug 31 with 1346 viewshoppy

From Phil's story...

"His only senior goal for the Toffeemen came in a 3-1 Merseyside derby defeat at Anfield in April 2017."

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 15:14 - Aug 31 with 1344 viewsBluefish

Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 14:58 - Aug 31 by Thijssens_Tash

I would've gone for Nedum Onouha, free agent and experienced

Experienced at QPR, full of mercenaries that don't perform on the pitch

Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 15:54 - Aug 31 with 1236 viewsKeaneish

Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 15:12 - Aug 31 by Bluefish

I would say it seems donacien will be sorted soon if not 1 becomes squad cover for a day much like others in the squad.

An experienced cb on loan means Toto misses out or we drop the captain. This way they can compete amongst the 3 of them plus cover in Spence Jonas and wolfie

We have looked solid at the back this season apart from set pieces and deflections. Chambers is our best defender for defending set pieces and He is the one you presumably propose to swap. If you want experience to make us solid from set pieces it makes more sense to drop nsialsa and then we are slow at the back from open play. Pennington is young but strong

Too many things don't make sense here...

Signing an experienced centre back doesn't automatically guarantee them a game or mean Chambers / Nsiala have to make way, they're there to provide stiff competition and give us something different when needed.

Solid at the back apart from set-pieces isn't really solid though is it? A lot of set-pieces have been given away needlessly. More experience in the side will mitigate against this. Is Pennington one to command Chalobah in front of him? Not really.

Why does experience have to be slow? Des Walker was pretty rapid well into his 30s.

Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 15:55 - Aug 31 with 1231 viewsBluefish

Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 15:54 - Aug 31 by Keaneish

Too many things don't make sense here...

Signing an experienced centre back doesn't automatically guarantee them a game or mean Chambers / Nsiala have to make way, they're there to provide stiff competition and give us something different when needed.

Solid at the back apart from set-pieces isn't really solid though is it? A lot of set-pieces have been given away needlessly. More experience in the side will mitigate against this. Is Pennington one to command Chalobah in front of him? Not really.

Why does experience have to be slow? Des Walker was pretty rapid well into his 30s.

Des walker was also very expensive and playing in the top flight.

Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 16:00 - Aug 31 with 1215 viewsBrixtonBlue

Pennington sounds a good loan to me on 14:55 - Aug 31 by Currie10

Of course it's a no from you!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024