Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action 17:55 - Sep 9 with 12392 viewsBrixtonBlue

Thoughts?

For anyone who doesn't know, it's about getting fans together to sing (much like section 6 tried).

Anything that improves the atmosphere is a great idea... however, they're looking to have lower North area 5 as a free-for-all-sit-where-you-like section (and are speaking to the club about it). Is this workable? That's where I sit and have been for 20 odd years...however, I'm in favour even if it means I can't guarantee my normal seat.

I'm sure there are others who've sat in the same seat for decades who won't be too chuffed with having to move though.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 09:22 - Sep 11 with 1668 viewsBryanPlug

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 19:18 - Sep 9 by Blue_Order

The section we’re trying to get for now doesn’t have any ST holders in it. It’s only 30 or so seats right at the front, so no ST holders will be affected (except for the flags and banners), and as we’re only meeting the club on Thursday, with the ‘launch game’ the following Saturday, nothing like that will happen at such short notice anyway.

If it goes well and gets a positive reaction from other fans, we’d obviously hope to increase it in the future, but as R_I_G says, we don’t wanna piÅ›s anyone off. It would never get off the ground if we started doing that.

Hopefully, anyone that’s around that section will welcome it and want to get involved, not necessarily by fully joining the group, but being willing to sing more and help with flags and banners, displays in the future etc. It is the North Stand after all - my personal feeling is that everyone that stands in there should be wanting to sing, chant and back the team for the whole 90 minutes.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 09:29 - Sep 11 with 1658 viewsBrixtonBlue

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 09:15 - Sep 11 by itfcjoe

I think they'd be audible but hard to tell - only because the roof is there it keeps the sound in better as noise from the north doesn't carry well to the rest of the stadium.

Admittedly, the rest of the North may not be able to hear - but they would at least be singing in that direction so probably a better chance than the Section 6 guys found?

Which flavours did you go for, I've just had mine for breakfast and actually quite like it now! If you have a blender then I would definitely use it, I struggle to drink it now without blending it

Good point about the roof - it's much lower than the North's.

I went for the new vanilla flavour plus the sample booster pack. I have a nutribullet so I'll give it a go in there.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 09:31 - Sep 11 with 1655 viewsBrixtonBlue

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 09:16 - Sep 11 by maccyd9

Would be a decent spot Joe. If the club would be lenient on standing etc then it would be the perfect spot. Would also be very easy for the upper North to hear and see what's happening and join in.

I used to sit in block J in the "west stand" when there were a lot of lads in there and it used to create a really good atmosphere.

I'm not going back that far either, probably around 2000.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 9:18]

It's good for displaying flags as well with that side bit.

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 09:39 - Sep 11 with 1648 viewsSuperfrans

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 09:16 - Sep 11 by maccyd9

Would be a decent spot Joe. If the club would be lenient on standing etc then it would be the perfect spot. Would also be very easy for the upper North to hear and see what's happening and join in.

I used to sit in block J in the "west stand" when there were a lot of lads in there and it used to create a really good atmosphere.

I'm not going back that far either, probably around 2000.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 9:18]

For what it's worth, i reckon that is a really good spot. You could really take ownership of it and there's plenty of space for flags, banners etc.

There does seem to be a few season ticket holders in there already though. Plus the tickets are more expensive than the SBR Lower - £30 on the day vs Middlesbrough for example, compared to £25 in SBRL. I doubt the club will cut prices for you, sadly, so that might be an issue.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 12:05 - Sep 11 with 1593 viewsGE7

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 09:39 - Sep 11 by Superfrans

For what it's worth, i reckon that is a really good spot. You could really take ownership of it and there's plenty of space for flags, banners etc.

There does seem to be a few season ticket holders in there already though. Plus the tickets are more expensive than the SBR Lower - £30 on the day vs Middlesbrough for example, compared to £25 in SBRL. I doubt the club will cut prices for you, sadly, so that might be an issue.

It’d be a great place to start songs from and include the upper North...North Stand give us a song! Had a look on ITFC Direct and very few season ticket holders there, pretty much the whole block available other than front row and around the stairs so less disruption overall and more room for expansion. Just as visible to the rest of the ground as the middle north for flags etc and better view than the front rows there in S5. If people stood in numbers the club would have to turn a blind eye since they do for away fans at the opposite end.

What do the Blue Action founders think re the pros and cons of this?
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 12:28]
Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 14:27 - Sep 11 with 1546 viewsSlambo

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 12:05 - Sep 11 by GE7

It’d be a great place to start songs from and include the upper North...North Stand give us a song! Had a look on ITFC Direct and very few season ticket holders there, pretty much the whole block available other than front row and around the stairs so less disruption overall and more room for expansion. Just as visible to the rest of the ground as the middle north for flags etc and better view than the front rows there in S5. If people stood in numbers the club would have to turn a blind eye since they do for away fans at the opposite end.

What do the Blue Action founders think re the pros and cons of this?
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 12:28]

Brilliant idea, and like I said, we're not bound to the North Stand. I always liked the idea of establishing ourselves in an entirely new area to, as you rightly say, make an area our own. Personally i'd rather be at pitch level, and I notice blocks 'U' and 'T' in the lower tier also have really good availability...

The main issue, as with anything like this, is getting solid commitment. We've had a lot of support, a lot of positive messages, but we're still unsure as to how many people are really going to rally to our cause. We can't really risk striking out on or own just yet. Once we get a hardcore of people who we know and have proven themselves to be up for it wekk in, week out, then we can start entertaining those sorts of ideas...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 14:57 - Sep 11 with 1524 viewsBrixtonBlue

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 14:27 - Sep 11 by Slambo

Brilliant idea, and like I said, we're not bound to the North Stand. I always liked the idea of establishing ourselves in an entirely new area to, as you rightly say, make an area our own. Personally i'd rather be at pitch level, and I notice blocks 'U' and 'T' in the lower tier also have really good availability...

The main issue, as with anything like this, is getting solid commitment. We've had a lot of support, a lot of positive messages, but we're still unsure as to how many people are really going to rally to our cause. We can't really risk striking out on or own just yet. Once we get a hardcore of people who we know and have proven themselves to be up for it wekk in, week out, then we can start entertaining those sorts of ideas...

Nearer the roof would be better in terms of carrying the sound out surely?

on 15:02 - Sep 11 with 1518 views_

Login to get fewer ads

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 15:06 - Sep 11 with 1505 viewsSpruceMoose

on 15:02 - Sep 11 by _

Aw yeah, now this is the shiz I'm talking about! Subtle man, subtle!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 15:07 - Sep 11 with 1505 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 15:02 - Sep 11 by _

Are you spoiling for a fight Libbers?

on 15:08 - Sep 11 with 1504 views_

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 15:07 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

Are you spoiling for a fight Libbers?

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 15:09 - Sep 11 with 1499 viewsSpruceMoose

on 15:08 - Sep 11 by _

I'm writing you up for an illegitimate downvote Libbers. The Whatsapp Grandmasters will be hearing about this.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

on 15:11 - Sep 11 with 1495 views_

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 15:09 - Sep 11 by SpruceMoose

I'm writing you up for an illegitimate downvote Libbers. The Whatsapp Grandmasters will be hearing about this.

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 15:12 - Sep 11 with 1492 viewsSpruceMoose

on 15:11 - Sep 11 by _

Ah Rommers. God rest his tiny fast food fueled soul. That reminds me, we really need to get on with the task of advertising for a new board jester/groundsman.

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 15:32 - Sep 11 with 1479 viewsBrixtonBlue

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 15:12 - Sep 11 by SpruceMoose

Ah Rommers. God rest his tiny fast food fueled soul. That reminds me, we really need to get on with the task of advertising for a new board jester/groundsman.

I miss Rommers. He was a sweet, innocent kitten among all these boorish big cats.

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 16:03 - Sep 11 with 1460 viewsGE7

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 14:27 - Sep 11 by Slambo

Yeah I get what you’re saying. Once you’re ready and the block has been identified etc, one way to test it would be to see how many people would actually move to join. I know the ticket office can reserve seats if people are willing to move their s/t but there’s a reason why it can’t be done in time for the next game, say that seat has already been sold as a match ticket for the next game for example. So maybe something could be arranged with the ticket office whereby people ring up to reserve a seat, then when a previously agreed minimum number has been reached, the TO notify you and the word goes out to finalise the moves which is done by people calling the TO to pay the £10 admin fee to move. You should get a good idea of who’s committed from the initial calls to reserve a seat because I doubt people cba to do that if they’re not actually willing to move. Worst case scensrio it doesn’t work out and people move back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024