Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At what point does it become Skulaboh.... 08:14 - Oct 1 with 4863 viewsitfcjoe

...and follow Skyam and Skuglas into ITFC fans lexicon? Or is it Skalobah?

We just haven't had a good balance in midfield for about years

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

At what point does it become Skulaboh.... on 10:15 - Oct 1 with 1024 viewsKieran_Knows

At what point does it become Skulaboh.... on 10:07 - Oct 1 by itfcjoe

I do like Skuse on the whole, but a midfielder who is that limited makes it very, very difficult for a partner - especially considering he has spent a lot of time in a midfield 2.

Limited, but consistent I'd say. No coincidence he's been a regular under 2 different managers now.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

At what point does it become Skulaboh.... on 10:20 - Oct 1 with 1016 viewsReuser_is_God

At what point does it become Skulaboh.... on 10:15 - Oct 1 by Kieran_Knows

Limited, but consistent I'd say. No coincidence he's been a regular under 2 different managers now.

You there tomorrow?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

At what point does it become Skulaboh.... on 10:20 - Oct 1 with 1013 viewsKieran_Knows

At what point does it become Skulaboh.... on 10:20 - Oct 1 by Reuser_is_God

You there tomorrow?

Yes buh. You?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

At what point does it become Skulaboh.... on 10:33 - Oct 1 with 996 viewsAce_High1

At what point does it become Skulaboh.... on 10:10 - Oct 1 by Reuser_is_God

When did we last have a midfielder who was consistently dominant in his area of the pitch?

Magilton? I guess you could argue Leadbitter.

We really have had some utter sh1t in that area of the pitch haven’t we?

Yes Joe Royle's playoff side was the last time we had a midfield that could get on the ball and pass. Magilton alongside Miller/Horlock. think of some of the dross we have had since then and it could be argued that although we have had issues in defence and attack in the period since, the one area of the team that has never been right in terms of balance/personnel is that central midfield.

Since then I can't recall one CM who actually wants the ball and looks to create.

We have players who potentially could do that - Bishop, Hows, Dozzell etc but due to injuries not been able to see them consistently in the team.
At what point does it become Skulaboh.... on 10:33 - Oct 1 with 993 viewsSamWhiteUK

Whatever it is, it definitely isn't Skulaboh
At what point does it become Skulaboh.... on 10:39 - Oct 1 with 979 viewsCoastalblue

At what point does it become Skulaboh.... on 10:33 - Oct 1 by Ace_High1

Yes Joe Royle's playoff side was the last time we had a midfield that could get on the ball and pass. Magilton alongside Miller/Horlock. think of some of the dross we have had since then and it could be argued that although we have had issues in defence and attack in the period since, the one area of the team that has never been right in terms of balance/personnel is that central midfield.

Since then I can't recall one CM who actually wants the ball and looks to create.

We have players who potentially could do that - Bishop, Hows, Dozzell etc but due to injuries not been able to see them consistently in the team.

I guess it's probably largely down to the fact that anybody capable in that way is going to cost a lot of money, second only to a prolific striker probably.

That's why we end up with injury cadidates and we have to hope that we can bring through someone of our own.

For all the cr4p that's going on and all the problems we have a high quality passing midfielder who wants to move the ball forward would transform us as a side.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

How about Chalozzell? on 10:40 - Oct 1 with 980 viewsunstableblue

that's seems more effective to me.

Whilst I think Skuse is actually improved this season and is liking the better movement around him (and there is better movement around him despite people's negativity); I also agree Central Midfield has held us back since Magilton retired.

For all Challobah's greenes and looseness with the ball, he's a player, and I'm hoping he can grow into delivering a cracking season alongside a Dozzell or even a Nolan.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

At what point does it become Skulaboh.... on 10:46 - Oct 1 with 969 viewsSteve_M

At what point does it become Skulaboh.... on 10:33 - Oct 1 by Ace_High1

Not true, we did it for the best part of two seasons under Magilton before he lost some of that fluency in his last season looking to make the side more solid. Legwinski was excellent in his first season and Walters - Miller - Garvan - Roberts superb at home the following year.

Keane had us playing a midfield of Peters - Colback - Leadbitter - Garvan which was apretty successful; then he messed it up to fit Norris back in.

Even under McCarthy, there was a great balance in the play-off season. Two of Skuse/Tabb/Hyam sitting with Williams/Bru or Bishop linking with the forwards and Hunt or Anderson pressing further forwards.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

At what point does it become Skulaboh.... on 11:13 - Oct 1 with 934 viewsOsborneOneNil

At what point does it become Skulaboh.... on 09:48 - Oct 1 by BiGDonnie

Skuse has been in the midfield for years, go figure.

There you go.
on 17:32 - Oct 1 with 869 views_

At what point does it become Skulaboh.... on 10:10 - Oct 1 by Reuser_is_God

When did we last have a midfielder who was consistently dominant in his area of the pitch?

Magilton? I guess you could argue Leadbitter.

We really have had some utter sh1t in that area of the pitch haven’t we?

At what point does it become Skulaboh.... on 17:33 - Oct 1 with 868 viewschicoazul

At what point does it become Skulaboh.... on 09:54 - Oct 1 by SWGF

There are a lot of players who've been unable to play with Skuse

Connolly was ok. He is also pretty much the only player who got a long run in that role under Mick without getting injured.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024