Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bart - Malcolm Webster 13:44 - Oct 2 with 1862 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The link has probably already been discussed, but it struck me that Bart's form has dropped off since Malcolm Webster left the club.

Perhaps the change in mental and physical preparation has changed and something is now missing in Barts build up to matches?

I seem to recall that Richard Wright played his best football with Webster alongside him. (Until Wright met Keano).

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bart - Malcolm Webster on 13:49 - Oct 2 with 1817 viewsbadadski

Possibly, but also with his return from World cup duties. Training with a better defence and for such a long period of time would throw you out of sync and also different coaching methods could have contradicted with what he was used too.

Could have been coincidence with a host of bad games coming together as just bad luck, no body knows. We are stupidly bad from set plays though so what ever it is needs to be addressed, lack of physical presence since Berra and Smith have gone has never been addressed though.
Bart - Malcolm Webster on 13:53 - Oct 2 with 1784 viewsBluefish

He wasn't playing that badly. The mistakes were overblown and he was blamed for eveything

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Bart - Malcolm Webster on 13:58 - Oct 2 with 1759 viewsbadadski

Bart - Malcolm Webster on 13:53 - Oct 2 by Bluefish

He wasn't playing that badly. The mistakes were overblown and he was blamed for eveything

Admittedly some were overblown like one of his attempted punches through a host of players i didn't count, same as Gerken's in fairness. But a did he did have a couple of fully fledged mistakes per game for about 4 games running which was very unlike him including misreading the flight of the ball on numerous occasions and being caught in the middle of no where.

He wasn't up to his own high standards and i'm sure would even admit him self that. Kelvin Davis used to allow for 4 mistakes a season and would consider any more a bad season, Bart had more than that in 4 games so i agreed with his dropping.
Bart - Malcolm Webster on 14:06 - Oct 2 with 1713 viewstextbackup

The new gk coach worked alongside MW for a few years, and with Bart, so nothings changed from that respect

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bart - Malcolm Webster on 14:14 - Oct 2 with 1683 viewsArnieM

BART is overrated. His eye catching reflex saves apart, there is little to choose between either keeper, although Gerken can kick the ball better, command his area better, and tends to catch the ball better.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Bart - Malcolm Webster on 14:22 - Oct 2 with 1634 viewsBluefish

Bart - Malcolm Webster on 14:14 - Oct 2 by ArnieM

BART is overrated. His eye catching reflex saves apart, there is little to choose between either keeper, although Gerken can kick the ball better, command his area better, and tends to catch the ball better.

What?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Bart - Malcolm Webster on 14:26 - Oct 2 with 1619 viewsreusersfreekicks

Is it April 1st?
Bart - Malcolm Webster on 14:45 - Oct 2 with 1567 viewsBlueBoots

Have my own theory...

Any goalkeeper having to train against Robert Lewandowski for a period of time would probably have their confidence shattered to bits...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Login to get fewer ads

Bart - Malcolm Webster on 15:06 - Oct 2 with 1500 viewsgosblue

Bart used to make great saves but push the ball into dangerous areas. Webster cured him of that and helped him become an excellent keeper. Joe Hart had (and still has) the same fault. During the pre-match warm-up on Saturday, Bart looked a bit disinterested. I hope he isn’t sulking and I hope he gets his rightful place between the sticks sooner rather than later. The number of points he saved us last year were priceless.
Bart - Malcolm Webster on 15:34 - Oct 2 with 1404 viewschristiand

Bart - Malcolm Webster on 15:06 - Oct 2 by gosblue

Bart used to make great saves but push the ball into dangerous areas. Webster cured him of that and helped him become an excellent keeper. Joe Hart had (and still has) the same fault. During the pre-match warm-up on Saturday, Bart looked a bit disinterested. I hope he isn’t sulking and I hope he gets his rightful place between the sticks sooner rather than later. The number of points he saved us last year were priceless.

Sorry, I'm a Bart fan but he's nowhere near the calibre of Joe Hart.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Bart - Malcolm Webster on 15:37 - Oct 2 with 1393 viewsdalianwasexciting

All entitled to opinon.......so will give mine which is contrary to yours. The worst side of Gerken is his inability to command his area and very poor communication with his defenders. Who can ever forget the dithering with Cole Skuse that was seized upon a few seasons back, he can be slow off his line (although he was much better this season). Both keepers have faults, both have positives too but in my opinion Bart is significantly better.

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

Bart - Malcolm Webster on 15:38 - Oct 2 with 1387 viewsGarv

Simply because of some of the outrageous saves Bart makes, he is the better keeper...but your're not far wrong here.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024