Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? 17:18 - Oct 2 with 7362 viewsSwailsey

This isn't a loaded question - I'm just interested in if people think he will turn it around, rather than (what we all) hope he will.

I just can't see it at the moment unfortunately - something isn't sitting right with me, but I don't know what it is. It reminds me too much of Keane.

I know winning isn't everything, but the football hasn't been significantly better to justify it.

I HOPE he can turn it around and of course he is doing all he can, but I can't in my heart of hearts say that I think he will.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 19:09 - Oct 2 with 1996 viewsSeablu

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 18:43 - Oct 2 by Currie10

Keane didn’t go that long.

Are you suggesting Hurst can go 16/17 winless??

No chance

Keane went 16 without a win.
Why do you say there's 'no chance' of Hurst replicating that?
Sacked before the 16th game?
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 19:13 - Oct 2 with 1989 viewsGlasgowBlue

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 19:09 - Oct 2 by Seablu

Keane went 16 without a win.
Why do you say there's 'no chance' of Hurst replicating that?
Sacked before the 16th game?

Keane won his first two games.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 19:17 - Oct 2 with 1988 viewsBlue_Moses

No. He doesn't set out to win games.
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 19:22 - Oct 2 with 1981 viewsronnyblue

Sorry but winning is all that matters in football these days. Entertainment and pretty football is all well and good but not at the expense of winning. Hurst is not good enough for this league and therefore ITFC!
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 19:24 - Oct 2 with 1976 viewsSeablu

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 19:13 - Oct 2 by GlasgowBlue

Keane won his first two games.

I was talking about the start of the 09/10 season. His winless run then was 16 games.
I remember his first ever game. Won 3-0 at Cardiff and played lovely stuff. I don't think we ever replicated that level of performance under him again.
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 19:28 - Oct 2 with 1967 viewsKeaneish

If you mean not get relegated, 100% confident he'll achieve that. We'll finish in a comfortable position this season and then kick on next season. I've seen plenty in recent weeks to suggest thing are improving.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 19:28 - Oct 2 with 1966 viewsBlue_Moses

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:44 - Oct 2 by WadeyBlue

I dont think he's close to the sack at all.

ME knows this is a new project and in his words something hes not done before. A new direction i think he said.

PH has a new team. Nobody in the ground is complaining. Most of the 'get rid of PH' people dont go to the games.

Keane was awful and did a lot of damage in a short space of time. Yet he went 17 games without a win.

I think ME will keep him even if we ended up relegated.

Lots of people were complaining after Bolton.
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 19:29 - Oct 2 with 1966 viewsGlasgowBlue

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 19:24 - Oct 2 by Seablu

I was talking about the start of the 09/10 season. His winless run then was 16 games.
I remember his first ever game. Won 3-0 at Cardiff and played lovely stuff. I don't think we ever replicated that level of performance under him again.

It was 14 games not 16. There were a few games where we did repeat that sort of performance against Cardiff. But they were few and far between

Boro away on the first game of the following season springs to mind. The Boxing day (I think) 3-0 defeat of QPR at home was another.

I hope Hurst does repeat Keane's first season as after that 14 game winless run we went on a decent run to finish the season comfortably. I'd take that right now.

edit. Back to the op. I don't think Hurst will turn it around but that doesn't mean we will go down. We are one of 4 or 5 clubs who will limp through the season and I think we'll go into the last game needing something to stay up.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 19:32]

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 19:38 - Oct 2 with 1947 viewsSeablu

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 19:29 - Oct 2 by GlasgowBlue

It was 14 games not 16. There were a few games where we did repeat that sort of performance against Cardiff. But they were few and far between

Boro away on the first game of the following season springs to mind. The Boxing day (I think) 3-0 defeat of QPR at home was another.

I hope Hurst does repeat Keane's first season as after that 14 game winless run we went on a decent run to finish the season comfortably. I'd take that right now.

edit. Back to the op. I don't think Hurst will turn it around but that doesn't mean we will go down. We are one of 4 or 5 clubs who will limp through the season and I think we'll go into the last game needing something to stay up.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 19:32]

At the risk of turning into Dolly & questioning Phil's record-keeping, it was 16.
https://www.twtd.co.uk/statistics/managers/roy-keane
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 20:02 - Oct 2 with 1916 viewsGlasgowBlue

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 19:38 - Oct 2 by Seablu

At the risk of turning into Dolly & questioning Phil's record-keeping, it was 16.
https://www.twtd.co.uk/statistics/managers/roy-keane

I hadn't counted the two league cup games although technically we won the Shrewsbury game on penalties.

B%gger. Boro have scored another as I type.

Iron Lion Zion

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 22:07 - Oct 2 with 1874 viewsSeablu

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 20:02 - Oct 2 by GlasgowBlue

I hadn't counted the two league cup games although technically we won the Shrewsbury game on penalties.

B%gger. Boro have scored another as I type.

Picked up second half but the damage was done by then. Boro stood off and made us look better than we are.
I fear he's taking us down if he's allowed to continue.
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 22:09 - Oct 2 with 1871 viewsWeirdFishes

Sadly no.

Really hope he does, think he’s likeable and I want him to do well, I just really can’t see it.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 22:35 - Oct 2 with 1837 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:53 - Oct 2 by Radlett_blue

Yes, we have a much weaker squad than last season, with only Edwards really looking up to the mark of the new arrivals.
If we were scoring a few goals, there would be hope, but with Jackson learning his trade as a frequently isolated lone striker & only Sears in reserve, it's really hard to see where a few wins might come from.
No chance of bringing in new players until January so might as well stick with Hurst in the hope he finds a formula, but little sign of that so far.

I'm got serious doubts that he can turn it around after tonight. The main reason being that his signings have not been up to scratch and therefore he doesn't have the tools to do so. I don't think any of his signings are Championship quality. Edwards has the odd very good game but I'm not sure he's a consistent player at this level. The remainder are not my idea of Ipswich players.

I think that if we lose and play badly at Swansea that could be it. Before when we were in trouble I felt we'd be ok, but this season is different. We are very poor and apart from playing Dozzell and one or two other young player, I can't see how a new manager could improve things until January.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 23:11 - Oct 2 with 1814 viewsMariner72

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 22:35 - Oct 2 by The_Last_Baron

I'm got serious doubts that he can turn it around after tonight. The main reason being that his signings have not been up to scratch and therefore he doesn't have the tools to do so. I don't think any of his signings are Championship quality. Edwards has the odd very good game but I'm not sure he's a consistent player at this level. The remainder are not my idea of Ipswich players.

I think that if we lose and play badly at Swansea that could be it. Before when we were in trouble I felt we'd be ok, but this season is different. We are very poor and apart from playing Dozzell and one or two other young player, I can't see how a new manager could improve things until January.

No.
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 23:13 - Oct 2 with 1814 viewspatrickswell

No. He’s provided no bounce at all. Most of his signings haven’t worked out for him. Doesn’t come across as an inspiring figure. We’re not playing in a way that looks like we’ll win games or defending well enough.

He should go tomorrow.
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:33 - Oct 3 with 1730 viewsCurrie10

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 17:44 - Oct 2 by WadeyBlue

I dont think he's close to the sack at all.

ME knows this is a new project and in his words something hes not done before. A new direction i think he said.

PH has a new team. Nobody in the ground is complaining. Most of the 'get rid of PH' people dont go to the games.

Keane was awful and did a lot of damage in a short space of time. Yet he went 17 games without a win.

I think ME will keep him even if we ended up relegated.

Bloody needs to be after last night

HURST OUT
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 21:16 - Oct 3 with 1696 viewsCuffy81

No. Its gone too far already.

The body language of our players is shocking, we lack quality all over the pitch, we can't score and concede terrible goals.

We are making the same mistakes we were making two months ago. Whatever we are doing on the training ground is no addressing the problems.
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 06:05 - Oct 4 with 1648 viewsBenters2

Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 21:16 - Oct 3 by Cuffy81

No. Its gone too far already.

The body language of our players is shocking, we lack quality all over the pitch, we can't score and concede terrible goals.

We are making the same mistakes we were making two months ago. Whatever we are doing on the training ground is no addressing the problems.

Sod the training ground if you want top banter get yourself into the changing room it’s bouncing in there ba !
Do you think Hurst will genuinely turn it around? on 07:46 - Oct 4 with 1610 viewsgt81

No. If he can, what is he waiting for?

It's the old cliche of one game at a time, moving on to the next game etc.

There are no signs of us winning a game, let alone putting a string of wins together which is now becoming an absolute must. We need to win a third of our games and pick up a few more draws just to be safe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024