Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms 13:19 - Oct 22 with 5009 viewsDarth_Koont

Backs up what people are seeing and feeling on the ground but this shows it's not a local or specific industry problem.

http://www.cbi.org.uk/news/8-out-of-10-businesses-say-brexit-hits-investment-as-

The knock-on effect on the smaller companies and individual workers will be bad too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 13:38 - Oct 22 with 2916 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah, but once these employers see our blue passports they'll be queuing up to put money in.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 13:40 - Oct 22 with 2906 viewsGuthrum

Pah, what do the CBI know? They're just part of Project Fear.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 13:46 - Oct 22 with 2892 viewsHerbivore

The CBI? Bunch of lefty liberals who can't be trusted.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 14:23 - Oct 22 with 2813 viewsNo9

Wait a minute, wasn't it a leading brexiteer who said FUKC business
Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:02 - Oct 22 with 2773 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:03 - Oct 22 with 2768 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:08 - Oct 22 with 2752 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:03 - Oct 22 by The_Last_Baron

We're all losers. Of course, the ones who see it as still preventable are going to (re-)moan about it.

For the people who are happy in their fantasy bubble, there's going to be a nasty shock. Will be interesting to see who they blame for that then ... I'm guessing they won't be blaming themselves.

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:08 - Oct 22 with 2752 viewsJ2BLUE

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:03 - Oct 22 by The_Last_Baron

I wonder how many of them cared about the EU on the day of the vote when it was assumed remain would win easily. I know i'll be told i'm wrong but it seems a lot of people only realised how much they cared once the 'Brexiters = thick, remainers = enlightened' narrative was set. Same with the young being told they have to think of the EU as the saviours of their future.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:10 - Oct 22 with 2741 viewsNo9

Some of us have lost out already pal
Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:16 - Oct 22 with 2725 viewsDanTheMan

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:08 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

I wonder how many of them cared about the EU on the day of the vote when it was assumed remain would win easily. I know i'll be told i'm wrong but it seems a lot of people only realised how much they cared once the 'Brexiters = thick, remainers = enlightened' narrative was set. Same with the young being told they have to think of the EU as the saviours of their future.

Where do you get this from?

I mean considering how much has been made of people who voted Brexit apparently being insulted constantly, being constantly called a moaner for not liking the direction that we're being taken is kind of fun. Also I don't recall ever thinking the EU was going to be the saviour of my future, but most of the people I know who are more than a little annoyed at us leaving actually do have freedom of thought and can make up their own minds. They weren't tricked into thinking it.

Since then, the narrative now is that people protesting are anti-democratic moaners who aren't getting behind their country. Hell, I've had my intelligence insulted by my own parents over it, that's how deeply entrenched it is. Apparently peaceful protest is actually harming the country, but not the act of Brexit itself.

Honestly, I hope they keep pushing the buttons and insulting the 48% of the country who voted to stay in. Get them nice and annoyed. See how far it gets them.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:21 - Oct 22 with 2706 viewsJ2BLUE

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:16 - Oct 22 by DanTheMan

Where do you get this from?

I mean considering how much has been made of people who voted Brexit apparently being insulted constantly, being constantly called a moaner for not liking the direction that we're being taken is kind of fun. Also I don't recall ever thinking the EU was going to be the saviour of my future, but most of the people I know who are more than a little annoyed at us leaving actually do have freedom of thought and can make up their own minds. They weren't tricked into thinking it.

Since then, the narrative now is that people protesting are anti-democratic moaners who aren't getting behind their country. Hell, I've had my intelligence insulted by my own parents over it, that's how deeply entrenched it is. Apparently peaceful protest is actually harming the country, but not the act of Brexit itself.

Honestly, I hope they keep pushing the buttons and insulting the 48% of the country who voted to stay in. Get them nice and annoyed. See how far it gets them.

It's an opinion based on what i've seen for the last two years. I'm not claiming it's fact.

I agree leavers are attacking remainers as well. It's purely based on fear. They are worried remain would win a second referendum. There's no other reason to oppose one. Remain switched overnight to 'frustrate and delay' as soon as they lost the vote and they've done a fantastic job. They may well win yet.

Truly impaired.

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:23 - Oct 22 with 2692 viewsNo9

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:08 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

I have never understood why anyone assumed Leave would not win
It was apparent the RW media were calling the shots it was clear the establishment would always get what they wanted

Plain as nose on face etc.
Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:25 - Oct 22 with 2681 viewsNo9

The EU isn't the saviour of young peoples future but it does provide opportunities in 27 other countries for those who wish to try living & working in another country & from my own experience enjoying better wages + T's & C's
Who wouldn't want that?
Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:26 - Oct 22 with 2684 viewsJ2BLUE

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:23 - Oct 22 by No9

I have never understood why anyone assumed Leave would not win
It was apparent the RW media were calling the shots it was clear the establishment would always get what they wanted

Plain as nose on face etc.

People think i'm mad but I think they backed remain in with the bookies to make people think it was a done deal. High propaganda value and wouldn't have needed to come out of campaign funds.

Truly impaired.

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:26 - Oct 22 with 2683 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:21 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

It's an opinion based on what i've seen for the last two years. I'm not claiming it's fact.

I agree leavers are attacking remainers as well. It's purely based on fear. They are worried remain would win a second referendum. There's no other reason to oppose one. Remain switched overnight to 'frustrate and delay' as soon as they lost the vote and they've done a fantastic job. They may well win yet.

But the "frustrate and delay" hasn't really come from Remain unless you see the Gina Miller, House of Lords stuff as creating a major delay which I don't.

The government and their negotiation team have been frustrated and delayed by reality and facts. Hence they're now slipping badly on their position after 2 years.

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:31 - Oct 22 with 2665 viewsJ2BLUE

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:26 - Oct 22 by Darth_Koont

But the "frustrate and delay" hasn't really come from Remain unless you see the Gina Miller, House of Lords stuff as creating a major delay which I don't.

The government and their negotiation team have been frustrated and delayed by reality and facts. Hence they're now slipping badly on their position after 2 years.

As I said, in my opinion, remain have been extremely effective in setting the narrative of the fallout of the vote. I'm not attacking them, it's quite impressive how they've made the minority of people who voted appear like the large enlightened majority.

Truly impaired.

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:36 - Oct 22 with 2646 viewsNo9

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:26 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

People think i'm mad but I think they backed remain in with the bookies to make people think it was a done deal. High propaganda value and wouldn't have needed to come out of campaign funds.

It was never a done deal. It was handled badly not, in my opinion by mistake or bad management.

The reality is the status quo was not bad for most people and good for many. Even some in the N.E. who voted leave owe EU companies for their livelihood.

The unknown is unquantifiable
Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:41 - Oct 22 with 2639 viewsm14_blue

How many leave voters cared until the press convinced them of the EU bogeyman?

It was never particularly high on many people's priorities at previous elections but now it is all that they care about, even to the detriment of the NHS, education, police, prison service etc....

The referendum has been so divisive and the ringleaders on both sides have absolutely no interest in healing that division through compromise. We've all been played and it will be the normal people who face the consequencesz
Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:42 - Oct 22 with 2635 viewsJ2BLUE

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:41 - Oct 22 by m14_blue

How many leave voters cared until the press convinced them of the EU bogeyman?

It was never particularly high on many people's priorities at previous elections but now it is all that they care about, even to the detriment of the NHS, education, police, prison service etc....

The referendum has been so divisive and the ringleaders on both sides have absolutely no interest in healing that division through compromise. We've all been played and it will be the normal people who face the consequencesz

Very good point.

Truly impaired.

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:42 - Oct 22 with 2636 viewsHerbivore

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:31 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

As I said, in my opinion, remain have been extremely effective in setting the narrative of the fallout of the vote. I'm not attacking them, it's quite impressive how they've made the minority of people who voted appear like the large enlightened majority.

How have the remoaners been responsible for the government's total lack of a clue how to negotiate our exit? I've no idea where you're getting this from.

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:46 - Oct 22 with 2624 viewsJ2BLUE

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:42 - Oct 22 by Herbivore

How have the remoaners been responsible for the government's total lack of a clue how to negotiate our exit? I've no idea where you're getting this from.

They've played a part. It all became about the type of Brexit which was something barely mentioned in advance.

Again, i'm not saying they should have sat back and accepted a hard Brexit but it has been part of their strategy to frustrate and delay. IMO.

Truly impaired.

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:49 - Oct 22 with 2612 viewsDanTheMan

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:46 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

They've played a part. It all became about the type of Brexit which was something barely mentioned in advance.

Again, i'm not saying they should have sat back and accepted a hard Brexit but it has been part of their strategy to frustrate and delay. IMO.

"It all became about the type of Brexit which was something barely mentioned in advance."

I'm not sure how it was their job to argue about the types of Brexit that would happen when they were campaigning to stay in. That was the job of the people who were saying we should Leave without really talking about what that looks like. Hell, you can find videos of people like Farage talking about the Norway model positively whereas if you suggested that now it would be some sort of affront to democracy.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:50 - Oct 22 with 2604 viewsHerbivore

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:46 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

The different forms of Brexit were talked about plenty in advance. And it being an issue now isn't a Remain issue at all. The fact is nobody on either side had a clear vision for Brexit and they still don't. I like this idea that Remain are the ones wielding all the influence. How exactly?

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:53 - Oct 22 with 2590 viewsNo9

While the tabloid media & Murdoch has been behind brexit the realities have not been aired very well. You could say the public have been protected from learning the realities of what leaving the EU really means.
How many laws will have to be changed (estimated to be more than 500 involving at least 50 seperate countries) and how long will it take for all that to be resolved and what will be the legal status of the UK in the interim?
Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 16:01 - Oct 22 with 2580 viewsJ2BLUE

Looks like the Brexit uncertainty is starting to bite in real terms on 15:49 - Oct 22 by DanTheMan

"It all became about the type of Brexit which was something barely mentioned in advance."

I'm not sure how it was their job to argue about the types of Brexit that would happen when they were campaigning to stay in. That was the job of the people who were saying we should Leave without really talking about what that looks like. Hell, you can find videos of people like Farage talking about the Norway model positively whereas if you suggested that now it would be some sort of affront to democracy.

I don't think it's particularly controversial to say the battle immediately moved to the type of Brexit with remain wanting a Brexit so soft it would basically be pointless leaving. I'm not giving leave a free pass. Farage could promise whatever he wanted knowing he wouldn't have to deliver it.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024