Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert's win percentage 09:45 - Oct 27 with 3324 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

read earlier that PL has a win % of 38.4% from 500 games. Let's say for arguments sake he continues that here - with the number of games remaining (excluding today) how many points would that leave us on, just to get an idea of what we could realistically be looking at?

I'd do the maths myself but I'm about to jump in the shower and head to Millwall
Lambert's win percentage on 12:03 - Oct 27 with 372 viewsGuthrum

Lambert's win percentage on 10:58 - Oct 27 by clive_baker

I think we were beaten by a much, much better side at Leeds who barely got out of 3rd gear. For me, pointing to motivation and effort would be avoiding the bigger issue of quality, or lack thereof.

We have players in our squad who have scored goals, I wouldn’t be surprised if we get 6 or 7 from Edwards which would be lovely, but i’m more concerned that I don’t see a player that’s going to score us 15+, and without that we’re in serious trouble. I don’t really see a player I would back to get into double figures if you asked me now, which is frightening. Pennington and Chambers chipping in with a couple as any centre half normally would isn’t going to move the needle incrementally.

Aside from goals, for me we have 2 centre halves (chambers and Pennington) that can be relied upon which is great, but beyond that we’re weak which represents a risk. Nsiala looks a liability and our brightest academy prospect is out on loan at Swindon.

God knows what we’ll now see from our former player of the year 2 years running Bartosz, having been dropped from the team. Will be interesting to see what that’s done to his confidence. Knudsen has emerged from weak link to one of the more reliable players in this squad, which tells you more about the evolution of the squad than Knudsen.
Graham looks miles off the pace, as does Nolan. Roberts hasn’t kicked a ball since he joined. We’ve lost 4 of our more proven Championship quality in Webster, McGoldrick, Garner and Waghorn and largely replaced them with players that aren’t good enough for this level of football, on the evidence I’ve seen.

I like the prospect of Lambert, I just wish he had a pre season and a transfer window before he had to get stuck into action. I sympathise with him.

There have been a number of seasons since relegation in which our top scorer barely, if at all, scraped into double figures. Plus there's always the chance of signing someone passable as a stop-gap now (currently unattached) or a decent forward in January.

I'm really keen to see what difference a (probable) change of atmosphere and approach makes to our players. We'll know if Chambers paints himself blue and starts bellowing "FREEDOM!!!".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lambert's win percentage on 12:05 - Oct 27 with 372 viewsGeoffSentence

Lambert's win percentage on 09:53 - Oct 27 by suffolkpoker

ok assuming he only wins and looses.

24 teams = 46 games minus 14 games we have played. Leaves 32 games.
32 divide by 100 = 0.32 x 38.4 = 12.288 wins.

12.288 wins x 3 points = 36.864 extra points + the 9 points we have now.

45.8 points

does 45 / 46 points keep us up?

I imagine that he would get some draws as well which woul take us over the line.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Lambert's win percentage on 12:35 - Oct 27 with 361 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert's win percentage on 10:17 - Oct 27 by itfcjoe

I’m comfortable with the squad, but with one big caveat and that is we have nowhere near enough up front.

I’d sign Bent tomorrow - he can score and I’m not confident Sears, Jackson and when harrison is back will do.

Hasn't Bent been critical of Lambert?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024