Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we all agree on one thing now? 13:44 - Nov 12 with 4894 viewsitfcjoe

No need for the Keane v Jewell debate to be revisited, as Hurst is clearly the worst ITFC manager of the modern era

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 20:07 - Nov 12 with 914 viewsBrixtonBlue

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 19:03 - Nov 12 by Darth_Koont

In terms of damage per day, Hurst.

But overall it's till Jewell. Took 3 years to put us back 3 years, gave us a big age problem in the squad when there were no young players coming through, blew more money than anyone else (and almost entirely on wages too), and after all that he nearly took us down too.

Nice man though.

That's just nonsense, Keane had way more to spend than Jewell.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 20:16 - Nov 12 with 906 viewsDarth_Koont

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 20:07 - Nov 12 by BrixtonBlue

That's just nonsense, Keane had way more to spend than Jewell.

No, he didn't.

Pronouns: He/Him

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 20:52 - Nov 12 with 873 viewsPJH

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 19:10 - Nov 12 by Rocky

His worse signings were all in defence - Jackie Bolton, Thorburn etc. His attacking signings were all wonderful to watch. Wasn't Joe Broadfoot one of Milburn's signings? Hoss Colrain was also hugely entertaining on a good day!

Yes,I did think of mentioning Joe Broadfoot in my earlier post and you are right that basically he signed good attacking players but poor defenders.

There had to be a big influx of players because Sir Alf basically left him with the mostly ageing League winning side plus Bobby Blackwood.

I would think that tactically Jackie Milburn was not up to management at higher league level.
Can we all agree on one thing now? on 00:25 - Nov 13 with 815 viewspatrickswell

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 13:50 - Nov 12 by itfcjoe

I can't really judge Jackie Milburn but I've heard he was cr@p!

Milburn gets some slack in that he was managing an aging side in the top division for most of his tenure. He got his first win after 3 games too.
Can we all agree on one thing now? on 10:27 - Nov 13 with 728 viewsElephantintheRoom

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 19:40 - Nov 12 by Plums

Same here. I saw him play for Lincoln City after he left us and he was the best player on the park. I guess he was one who found his level.

John Duncan took Chesterfield to a cup semi final back in the era when clubs were trying. His problem at Ipswich was too much expectancy of sustained success in an era when it was no longer possible.

People forget how dull the football was under Robson in the first two years. It took Keane to even approach those levels of tedium. If he was afforded as little time as Keane and Jewell (or Duncan), he'd be being talked about as the worst manager in Town's history. Back then Town had more tolerant support - and there was no internet

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024