Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... 13:55 - Nov 15 with 2216 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I recently signed up to a new GP surgery and I've just had a letter from the NHS thanking me for signing up to donate my corneas when I die.

I definitely didn't tick any of these boxes on my form (don't ask me why - just didn't).

Should I just accept that I am apparently now going to donate my corneas when I die or ring them and tell them that they got it wrong?
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 13:55]

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 13:56 - Nov 15 with 2194 viewsSwansea_Blue

My dad suggested I register for a donor card, he's a man after my own heart

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 13:57 - Nov 15 with 2181 viewsBlueBadger

If you don't tick anything, they will assume that you are up for everything. For what it's worth, corneal transplantation can be carried out up to 48 hours after your body dies and, like all transplant surgery is genuinely llfe-changing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 13:59 - Nov 15 with 2173 viewsSwansea_Blue

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 13:57 - Nov 15 by BlueBadger

If you don't tick anything, they will assume that you are up for everything. For what it's worth, corneal transplantation can be carried out up to 48 hours after your body dies and, like all transplant surgery is genuinely llfe-changing.

Is it now opt out in England then? Been that way in Wales for a while now and is a good example of a simple, yet very effective policy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 14:00 - Nov 15 with 2168 viewsThisIsMyUsername

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 13:57 - Nov 15 by BlueBadger

So why have they only said that I chose corneas?

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 14:05 - Nov 15 with 2150 viewsBlueBadger

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 14:00 - Nov 15 by ThisIsMyUsername

Now that one, I can't answer.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 14:05 - Nov 15 with 2147 viewsBlueBadger

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 13:59 - Nov 15 by Swansea_Blue

Is it now opt out in England then? Been that way in Wales for a while now and is a good example of a simple, yet very effective policy.

Due to come into play in 2020.

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 14:05 - Nov 15 with 2145 viewsSpruceMoose

But how will I see where I'm going in Hell?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 14:06 - Nov 15 with 2140 viewsfooters

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 14:00 - Nov 15 by ThisIsMyUsername

They'll soon reconsider when they discover you're Mr Magoo.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 14:12 - Nov 15 with 2127 viewsWithnail

Another administrative balls up by the NHS. They are world class expert at that.

Don't let the state decide what body parts of yours they want.
NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 14:16 - Nov 15 with 2110 viewsSpruceMoose

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 14:12 - Nov 15 by Withnail

Another administrative balls up by the NHS. They are world class expert at that.

But... muh organs!

Yeah! Let them rot away in the ground and don't save that life!

Obviously, you should have the choice to do just that. But I'm not sure why you would let your squishy bits go to waste.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 14:45]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 14:56 - Nov 15 with 2051 viewsXYZ

They did that to me. I can't see any problem.
NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 15:04 - Nov 15 with 2036 viewsfactual_blue

..he says on the basis of no evidence whatsoever.

I suppose we'll have to get used to enhanced levels of nonsense and ignorance as we stumble into the post-brexit world, like lambs shuffling into the abattoir.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 15:04 - Nov 15 with 2032 viewsfactual_blue

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 14:05 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

But how will I see where I'm going in Hell?

As you're a remainer, you won't be going to Hell.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 15:10 - Nov 15 with 2025 viewsWithnail

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 15:04 - Nov 15 by factual_blue

..he says on the basis of no evidence whatsoever.

I suppose we'll have to get used to enhanced levels of nonsense and ignorance as we stumble into the post-brexit world, like lambs shuffling into the abattoir.

The NHS have 'lost' all my medical records, including any details of past surgeries.

A friend wasn't sent results of cancer tests, which due to the lost time it meant his cancer was inoperable. He shot himself.

Good old NHS.
NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 15:13 - Nov 15 with 2012 viewsBlueBadger

But you'll be dead, what difference does it make?

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 15:14 - Nov 15 with 2011 viewsBlueBadger

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 14:16 - Nov 15 by SpruceMoose

But... muh organs!

Yeah! Let them rot away in the ground and don't save that life!

Obviously, you should have the choice to do just that. But I'm not sure why you would let your squishy bits go to waste.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2018 14:45]

Somebody poor or foreign might get them?

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 15:15 - Nov 15 with 2005 viewsSpruceMoose

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 15:14 - Nov 15 by BlueBadger

Somebody poor or foreign might get them?

I hope so. I'd like to ban my organs from any Tories, and anyone who isn't on the donation register themselves. Instead, they can be handed a photo of me pointing and laughing, captioned with 'Ha ha, serves you right'.

Maybe. Still undecided on that one.

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 15:18 - Nov 15 with 1998 viewsBlueBadger

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 15:10 - Nov 15 by Withnail

The NHS have 'lost' all my medical records, including any details of past surgeries.

A friend wasn't sent results of cancer tests, which due to the lost time it meant his cancer was inoperable. He shot himself.

Good old NHS.

'Interestingly' enough, there's been a lot more of these kind of tragic errors since imaging and admin services have gotten increasingly farmed out to the Efficient Private Sector.

There'll be more of this to look forward to, post-Brexit once we've done a trade deal with Trumpy-Wumpy.

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 15:36 - Nov 15 with 1970 viewsjeera

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 15:10 - Nov 15 by Withnail

Good old NHS.

Sad to hear about your friend.

Maybe reciting that you can see it's equally not amusing when suicide and other misfortune happens to other people.

Fortunately, no one has been sad enough to down-vote your post, seeing it as a sensitive matter.

If they did, you would probably rightly assume them to be ignorant.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 17:07 - Nov 15 with 1899 viewsBloomBlue

Maybe you need to wear glasses for reading?
NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 17:14 - Nov 15 with 1887 viewsfooters

NHS mistake re my answers about organ donation... on 15:04 - Nov 15 by factual_blue

As you're a remainer, you won't be going to Hell.

Hell, Norway?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024