Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow 15:46 - Nov 21 with 3238 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Well, the Turkey at least. Any tips?

Usually I just eat the food, that's much easier. I also have some American citizens attending as guests so I am feeling under pressure. It would be fine if I was just ruining a fictional holiday for UK expats.

Do you lot brine your's on Christmas Eve usually to keep the moisture in when it cooks? If so I need to do that tonight

I am going to for garlic button. lemon and a load of herbs under the skin. Just put it in the oven and can't go wrong? Right? I need my Mum!!!
Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 15:49 - Nov 21 with 2536 viewsGeoffSentence

Thaw it first.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 15:49 - Nov 21 with 2536 viewsSpruceMoose

Where are your American guests from? If they are from the Midwest then oh boy... they may have different culinary expectations, judging from my own experiences of that region during Thanksgiving.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 15:55 - Nov 21 with 2526 viewsjeera

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 15:49 - Nov 21 by SpruceMoose

Where are your American guests from? If they are from the Midwest then oh boy... they may have different culinary expectations, judging from my own experiences of that region during Thanksgiving.

Don't they just deep fry it in a large bucket?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 15:55 - Nov 21 with 2527 viewsFixed_It

Take the giblets out first. Only an idiot would forget. A friend of mine (!) was once an idiot.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 15:57 - Nov 21 with 2523 viewsSpruceMoose

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 15:55 - Nov 21 by jeera

Don't they just deep fry it in a large bucket?

Holiday home cooking in the Midwest is all about biscuits and casseroles.

Neither of those things are what you would expect them to be.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 15:58 - Nov 21 with 2513 viewsIllinoisblue

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 15:57 - Nov 21 by SpruceMoose

the hell it is... biscuits are a Southern thing

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 15:58 - Nov 21 with 2510 viewsjeera

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 15:57 - Nov 21 by SpruceMoose

So a side of braised cabbage atop a digestive should just about do it?

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 15:59 - Nov 21 with 2504 viewsSpruceMoose

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 15:58 - Nov 21 by Illinoisblue

the hell it is... biscuits are a Southern thing

Nobody appreciates Illinois getting involved in the Midwest. Stick to the Great Lakes region where you belong.

You can take it up with Kansas and Missouri if you'd like.

Login to get fewer ads

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:02 - Nov 21 with 2489 viewsJ2BLUE

I can't help you here.

Sorry.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:02 - Nov 21 with 2487 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 15:49 - Nov 21 by SpruceMoose

Just friends that moved to the city whose families don't live local so they are staying put.

Well the good things about TG is everyone brings all the side dishes and food so I only really have a couple of responsibilities. Turkey and booze.
Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:03 - Nov 21 with 2485 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 15:55 - Nov 21 by Fixed_It

Take the giblets out first. Only an idiot would forget. A friend of mine (!) was once an idiot.

Granddad OFAH!!
Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:04 - Nov 21 with 2480 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:02 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

I can't help you here.

Sorry.

No biggest drinking night of the year joke? It is the Day J2!!!
Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:05 - Nov 21 with 2465 viewsJ2BLUE

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:04 - Nov 21 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

No biggest drinking night of the year joke? It is the Day J2!!!

I forgot which of the multiple days you've claimed have that particular honour is the real one!

Do you lot get Friday off?

Truly impaired.

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:07 - Nov 21 with 2460 viewsjeera

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:02 - Nov 21 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just friends that moved to the city whose families don't live local so they are staying put.

Well the good things about TG is everyone brings all the side dishes and food so I only really have a couple of responsibilities. Turkey and booze.

Unless you've some kind of stuffing planned [insert Keno/Hoppy style joke here] I always shove a lemon/orange or 2 into the inside of the thing. Helps get a bit of steam going and stop it from drying out.

You may already be doing similar of course, just saying.

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:07 - Nov 21 with 2460 viewsGeoffSentence

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 15:55 - Nov 21 by Fixed_It

You could probably get away with it, so long as they aren't in a plastic bag.

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:10 - Nov 21 with 2452 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:07 - Nov 21 by jeera

Unless you've some kind of stuffing planned [insert Keno/Hoppy style joke here] I always shove a lemon/orange or 2 into the inside of the thing. Helps get a bit of steam going and stop it from drying out.

You may already be doing similar of course, just saying.

Word up
Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:22 - Nov 21 with 2428 viewsSWGF

Start it upside down. Plenty of bacon over the top once it's back the right way up to keep it moist.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:37 - Nov 21 with 2412 viewsfactual_blue

No need to brine it.

Put half a lemon in the body cavity. Place turkey on roasting rack, above a roasting dish with about half a pint of water in.

Apart from the last 30mins or so, cover the turkey loosely with foil.

You'll have a beautifully moist turkey, stunning stock and the roasting dish will be clean.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:40 - Nov 21 with 2405 viewsNo9

Don't Amercians deep fry the turkey?
Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:42 - Nov 21 with 2396 viewsIllinoisblue

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 15:59 - Nov 21 by SpruceMoose

Nobody appreciates Illinois getting involved in the Midwest. Stick to the Great Lakes region where you belong.

You can take it up with Kansas and Missouri if you'd like.

IL is the very heart - and a very civilized heart at that - of the Midwest. Sounds like you were brought up in Mississippi. Don't choke on your grits.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:48 - Nov 21 with 2382 viewsFixed_It

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:07 - Nov 21 by GeoffSentence

You could probably get away with it, so long as they aren't in a plastic bag.

They were. Much to my (friend's) embarrassment.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:51 - Nov 21 with 2377 viewsGeoffSentence

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:48 - Nov 21 by Fixed_It

They were. Much to my (friend's) embarrassment.

Yeah, not many people go for the burnt plastic flavour when combined with Turkey. The two just don't compliment each other. Best avoided.

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 17:15 - Nov 21 with 2341 viewstampa_bay

Try this.....

https://tofurky.com/what-we-make/roasts/feast/
Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 17:20 - Nov 21 with 2319 viewsJ2BLUE

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 17:15 - Nov 21 by tampa_bay

Try this.....

https://tofurky.com/what-we-make/roasts/feast/

Looks incredibly unappetising.

Truly impaired.

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 17:23 - Nov 21 with 2315 viewsSpruceMoose

Ok I am in charge of cooking tomorrow on 16:42 - Nov 21 by Illinoisblue

IL is the very heart - and a very civilized heart at that - of the Midwest. Sounds like you were brought up in Mississippi. Don't choke on your grits.

You'll be choking on my grits if you're not careful, Lincoln!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024