Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see May.... 13:02 - Nov 25 with 6249 viewsHerbivore

....is going for the whole control of our borders, sovereign island nation rhetoric to try and sell the public a pup. What a load of shameful, populist tosh.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I see May.... on 11:27 - Nov 26 with 409 viewsPinewoodblue

I see May.... on 11:04 - Nov 26 by Herbivore

Interesting that three people seem happy with the anti-immigration rhetoric. Sad times we live in.

Sadly you are right and May seems to be appealing for their support.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I see May.... on 13:51 - Nov 26 with 371 viewsitfcjoe

I see May.... on 10:33 - Nov 26 by No9

LIstening to the 'leavers' on a radio phone in this a.m. it is quite apparent they have no idea what this is about.
The really bad thing is that we all have to suffer so they can find out

It seems that they can't see that we are ripping the country up all in the name of ending free movement - which ends it for us and not just those pesky foreigners.

We seem willing to drive the country of a cliff to pander to those on the right of the Toy party who will be protected from any of this (and most likely profiting from it) and Little Englanders who don't want foreigners here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I see May.... on 13:53 - Nov 26 with 362 viewsHerbivore

I see May.... on 13:51 - Nov 26 by itfcjoe

It seems that they can't see that we are ripping the country up all in the name of ending free movement - which ends it for us and not just those pesky foreigners.

We seem willing to drive the country of a cliff to pander to those on the right of the Toy party who will be protected from any of this (and most likely profiting from it) and Little Englanders who don't want foreigners here

This is it in a nutshell.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I see May.... on 13:55 - Nov 26 with 361 viewsJ2BLUE

I see May.... on 18:13 - Nov 25 by homer_123

And herein is the much wider, deeper and insidious issue.

There is no reasoned debate about being part of the EU. There is no genuine discussion about where the EU is heading (EU army anyone?), what it's long term aims are, how we fit into it, if we fit into it all.

It's never been a subject this country has been happy to debate with nothing but negative media and press coverage since the 70s but now, even worse, is the fact the EU appears binary. It's either the best thing since sliced bread or as bad a sh*t on your shoe.

Nuance is lost, discussion, debate and disagreement no longer tolerated. Both views seem tarnished.

What a real shame.

The EU army is a key point. A couple of years ago we were assured by the TWTD EU fan club that this was a non issue and would never happen. It's a shame Gav has archived all the posts from back then because it would make interesting reading now.

Oddly enough though, i'm not actually opposed to an EU army if certain conditions are met.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024