Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see May.... 13:02 - Nov 25 with 6250 viewsHerbivore

....is going for the whole control of our borders, sovereign island nation rhetoric to try and sell the public a pup. What a load of shameful, populist tosh.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I see May.... on 16:14 - Nov 25 with 2307 viewshomer_123

I see May.... on 16:07 - Nov 25 by Darth_Koont

I suspect the majority of the public now want us to remain and wish we'd never embarked on this fool's errand.

I doubt it'll get through parliament anyway.

I'm not so sure DK. I can't remember where they were but two pieces and polls stated that Leave would still get a majority.

Trying to find it now.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I see May.... on 16:17 - Nov 25 with 2302 viewsJ2BLUE

The 'agreement' is a shambles. It needs to be voted down and we need a hard Brexit vs remain referendum asap.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I see May.... on 16:18 - Nov 25 with 2301 viewsHerbivore

I see May.... on 16:14 - Nov 25 by homer_123

I'm not so sure DK. I can't remember where they were but two pieces and polls stated that Leave would still get a majority.

Trying to find it now.

Every poll I've seen, including the most comprehensive ones, has remain winning.

I see May.... on 16:27 - Nov 25 with 2288 viewsCurrie10

I see May.... on 13:13 - Nov 25 by WD19

The thing with a two party system is that one party will nearly always be in power. Therefore (under that system) the answer to a poor party in power can only ever really be the 'other' party.

So yes....I would welcome a competent Labour Party. Strong opposition makes for better government.

Competent Labour party!?!? I wouldn't hold your breath mate.

In other news, pigs can now fly.
I see May.... on 16:28 - Nov 25 with 2290 viewsCurrie10

I suspect the majority of the public now want us to remain and wish we'd never embarked on this fool's errand.

Just like everyone wanted to stay in the corrupt stupid union in the first place?

Remain won didn't they.

OH.
I see May.... on 16:38 - Nov 25 with 2285 viewsNSL

I see May.... on 13:08 - Nov 25 by cobbler

We only have two ships controlling our coast line it’s embarrassing to be honest can’t see how we are going to be safe and free from illegal immigrants with that .

Why would leaving the EU stop illegal immigrants anyway? Tell me because I think I’m missing something. Or do you mean immigrants in general?

Poll: Who was primarily at fault for the defensive mix-up yesterday?

I see May.... on 16:44 - Nov 25 with 2281 viewsJ2BLUE

I see May.... on 16:28 - Nov 25 by Currie10

Just like everyone wanted to stay in the corrupt stupid union in the first place?

Remain won didn't they.

OH.

The EU will likely look back on the time between the vote and the time we finally back down and say we'll stay as the great possible propaganda. The EU gets more and more vital and wonderful every day at the moment. The youngsters have been told they have no future without the EU and told they should be devastated and angry at the vote.

It will end up as the greatest advertisement for EU membership ever. To the smaller countries, look at the UK, if they can't do it you shouldn't even think about it. To France and Germany, you've seen how impossible it is.

Short term pain for long term gain for the European Project.

Truly impaired.

I see May.... on 16:45 - Nov 25 with 2276 viewsTrequartista

I don't think so. I think if they had a time machine and could go back to 2016, then yes, remain may win, but in the here and now, i think they want brexit done rather than overturn the referendum with another referendum.

I think it will be a lot closer in parliament than many are predicting. Just because a large majority don't like the deal, it doesn't mean they vote it down. Everyone who votes is gambling if they vote it down. Brexiteers voting it down to get a hard brexit might end up with a second referendum. Remainers voting it down to get a second referendum might end up with a hard brexit.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

I see May.... on 16:45 - Nov 25 with 2275 viewsWhymarkmariner

I see May.... on 13:58 - Nov 25 by Darth_Koont

Wow! I just read the full letter ... what a load of self-serving, "red, white and blue" nonsense.

Worst. PM. Ever.

I suggest Tony Blair was the worst PM ever. He took us into a war in Iraq where many soldiers were maimed or killed. For a guy who got PM's pay he's ended up pretty well off. He allowed all and sundry into this Country and oh I forgot, his wife's a human rights lawyer. Don't get me wrong, I work with a lot of foreigners and they are good guys and girls. But to let anybody in was plain daft. Why does he want another referendum on leaving the EU ? Ill tell you, it's because if we come out of Europe the gravy train hits the buffers. In general, In my 40 odd years of voting I in the main have voted for one party. But now honestly I think they are all crap and whether Tory or Labour or any of the also ran's apart from a handful they are in it for themselves. They are well paid, get allowances for secretaries, allowances for homes, cheap food and drink and so on. How many of you guys out there get all this. We have thousands now going to food banks whilst the Little Piggies scoff from their ever deepening trough.
I see May.... on 16:45 - Nov 25 with 2271 viewslinhdi

The deal itself is pretty much the opposite of what she is claiming.
I see May.... on 16:46 - Nov 25 with 2273 viewsJ2BLUE

I see May.... on 16:45 - Nov 25 by Whymarkmariner

I suggest Tony Blair was the worst PM ever. He took us into a war in Iraq where many soldiers were maimed or killed. For a guy who got PM's pay he's ended up pretty well off. He allowed all and sundry into this Country and oh I forgot, his wife's a human rights lawyer. Don't get me wrong, I work with a lot of foreigners and they are good guys and girls. But to let anybody in was plain daft. Why does he want another referendum on leaving the EU ? Ill tell you, it's because if we come out of Europe the gravy train hits the buffers. In general, In my 40 odd years of voting I in the main have voted for one party. But now honestly I think they are all crap and whether Tory or Labour or any of the also ran's apart from a handful they are in it for themselves. They are well paid, get allowances for secretaries, allowances for homes, cheap food and drink and so on. How many of you guys out there get all this. We have thousands now going to food banks whilst the Little Piggies scoff from their ever deepening trough.

I would love it if Blair went on QT and someone asked him to completely 100% rule out running for any EU office if we remained. Give it a couple of years after we decide to stay and his intentions will become clear.

Truly impaired.

I see May.... on 16:48 - Nov 25 with 2270 viewslinhdi

I see May.... on 16:28 - Nov 25 by Currie10

Remain won didn't they.

OH.

Russia won.
I see May.... on 16:51 - Nov 25 with 2262 viewsfactual_blue

I see May.... on 15:35 - Nov 25 by WD19

It is a perfectly legitimate strategy if the prime objective is winning a short-term game of political football via lowest common denominator politicking.

My personal view is that on some things......some once in a generation things...then the national interest.....the interest of my children and my children children.....should take precedence. Its only my personal view, but putting personal political interest so clearly at the top of the list of priorities was unforgivable when Cameron did it and unforgivable for all those doing it since.

You could number the politicians who think like on the thumbs of one hand.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2018 16:52]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I see May.... on 16:52 - Nov 25 with 2264 viewsjaseitfc

I dont like Theresa May and I have real reason to as other policies she has introduced impacts my life directly, that said I think she's got the best deal possible that respects the 2016 referendum result, and ensures we dont fall of a cliff.

I didnt want brexit, I voted remain but when you put a referendum to the people, the mandate given by the public has to be delivered - if not you undermine the whole democratic process, and set a terrible precedent.

I hope this deal gets through parliament but it wont because selfish leavers and selfish remainers alike will vote against it - putting their own selfish interests before the country's. Brexit has always had to be a compromise and this is it, so we need to get this deal ratified by parliament and then we can move on.

On another note - I wish Jean-Claude Juncker talked in the tone he did today in the lead up to the 2016 ref, it might have contributed to a better outcome for the failed remain campaign, who knows?
I see May.... on 17:35 - Nov 25 with 2225 viewsNewcyBlue

I see May.... on 15:28 - Nov 25 by factual_blue

You wouldn't fit into Essex then.

Easy there old timer. My Mum was from Colchester.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

I see May.... on 18:13 - Nov 25 with 2199 viewshomer_123

I see May.... on 16:44 - Nov 25 by J2BLUE

The EU will likely look back on the time between the vote and the time we finally back down and say we'll stay as the great possible propaganda. The EU gets more and more vital and wonderful every day at the moment. The youngsters have been told they have no future without the EU and told they should be devastated and angry at the vote.

It will end up as the greatest advertisement for EU membership ever. To the smaller countries, look at the UK, if they can't do it you shouldn't even think about it. To France and Germany, you've seen how impossible it is.

Short term pain for long term gain for the European Project.

And herein is the much wider, deeper and insidious issue.

There is no reasoned debate about being part of the EU. There is no genuine discussion about where the EU is heading (EU army anyone?), what it's long term aims are, how we fit into it, if we fit into it all.

It's never been a subject this country has been happy to debate with nothing but negative media and press coverage since the 70s but now, even worse, is the fact the EU appears binary. It's either the best thing since sliced bread or as bad a sh*t on your shoe.

Nuance is lost, discussion, debate and disagreement no longer tolerated. Both views seem tarnished.

What a real shame.

I see May.... on 18:24 - Nov 25 with 2181 viewshomer_123

I see May.... on 16:17 - Nov 25 by J2BLUE

The 'agreement' is a shambles. It needs to be voted down and we need a hard Brexit vs remain referendum asap.

Maybe we stay but start discussing where the EU is headed and what, long term, the UKs roll in that might be? We should never discount leaving if we don't agree where the EU is heading, continued membership should always be on the basis that it's right for us....if it isn't, it needs to be discussed.

I see May.... on 18:52 - Nov 25 with 2169 viewsfactual_blue

I see May.... on 17:35 - Nov 25 by NewcyBlue

Easy there old timer. My Mum was from Colchester.

Mine was from Halstead (well, she grew up there).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I see May.... on 21:18 - Nov 25 with 2123 viewsSarge

I see May.... on 13:08 - Nov 25 by cobbler

We only have two ships controlling our coast line it’s embarrassing to be honest can’t see how we are going to be safe and free from illegal immigrants with that .

Do you think that illegal immigrants arrive by battleship or something?
I see May.... on 09:41 - Nov 26 with 2069 viewsElephantintheRoom

Given that even the most posturing and rabid Brexiteers now believe that staying in the EU is a better option than the reality being offered then you could argue that May (who knows perfectly well the lunacy of leaving the EU) has come up with a very cunning plan indeed.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I see May.... on 10:08 - Nov 26 with 2065 viewsHerbivore

I see May.... on 09:41 - Nov 26 by ElephantintheRoom

Given that even the most posturing and rabid Brexiteers now believe that staying in the EU is a better option than the reality being offered then you could argue that May (who knows perfectly well the lunacy of leaving the EU) has come up with a very cunning plan indeed.

If there really is a secret plot to remain it wouldn't seem a good idea to be stirring up the same anti-immigration, control of our borders rhetoric that significantly contributed to the vote for Brexit in the first place. In fact you could argue it's pretty clear evidence that there isn't some secret plan to remain at all, sadly.

I see May.... on 10:24 - Nov 26 with 2052 viewsNo9

I see May.... on 18:24 - Nov 25 by homer_123

Maybe we stay but start discussing where the EU is headed and what, long term, the UKs roll in that might be? We should never discount leaving if we don't agree where the EU is heading, continued membership should always be on the basis that it's right for us....if it isn't, it needs to be discussed.

At this moment in time should we not be more concerned with where the UK is likley to go after brexit?
I recommend you listen to some of the htings the hard brexiteers like Steve Baker say (when off guard) it looks obvious that the Uk is going to cede a lot to others once we leave the EU
I see May.... on 10:31 - Nov 26 with 2047 viewsitfcjoe

Surely at some point, someone has to see sense and realise this is just an absolute f*ck up and pull the plug.

Sorry to the Brexiteers - but go f*ck yourselves, you don't know what you are talking about.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I see May.... on 10:33 - Nov 26 with 2041 viewsNo9

I see May.... on 10:31 - Nov 26 by itfcjoe

Surely at some point, someone has to see sense and realise this is just an absolute f*ck up and pull the plug.

Sorry to the Brexiteers - but go f*ck yourselves, you don't know what you are talking about.

LIstening to the 'leavers' on a radio phone in this a.m. it is quite apparent they have no idea what this is about.
The really bad thing is that we all have to suffer so they can find out
I see May.... on 11:04 - Nov 26 with 2027 viewsHerbivore

Interesting that three people seem happy with the anti-immigration rhetoric. Sad times we live in.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024