Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? 16:49 - Nov 27 with 9295 viewsAlexGreen

I was a Watford fan between 10-12 yrs old, solely because my friend at school was. Then we fell out and I needed to find myself a new club, and decided Ipswich was for me.

Best decision I ever made!

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 09:59 - Nov 28 with 1655 viewsbrazil1982

I kind of liked Spurs before my first match at PR and we beat them 1-0 (1985, R Zondervan).

Going to my first live match I was hooked, that's the key to getting any child to support any team I think. You just can't beat going to the ground and watching the match live, no matter what team it is.
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 11:12 - Nov 28 with 1631 viewssolemio

My parents moved to Herts when I was 5 and I supported Watford (known as Watford Town in those days).

However my school friend's dad supported Ipswich and started taking us both to Portman Road. As this was 1959 and the manager was a former Spurs full back called Ramsey it was not a bad time to become a supporter.
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 11:22 - Nov 28 with 1624 viewsKeno

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 11:12 - Nov 28 by solemio

My parents moved to Herts when I was 5 and I supported Watford (known as Watford Town in those days).

However my school friend's dad supported Ipswich and started taking us both to Portman Road. As this was 1959 and the manager was a former Spurs full back called Ramsey it was not a bad time to become a supporter.

Glory hunter!!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 11:23 - Nov 28 with 1621 viewsLeagueOne

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 18:11 - Nov 27 by Reuser_is_God

No, becuase I’m not a helmet.

It's weird to see how many on here actually supported other teams. I am from north Essex and me and my mates were always Ipswich fans, and still are. Ipswich was our team, no questions asked. If you supported anyone else you were a glory hunting dick head. Anglia is blue etc...

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 11:44 - Nov 28 with 1596 viewssolemio

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 11:22 - Nov 28 by Keno

Glory hunter!!!

Yes, I had the glory of watching us finish 16th in Division 2. Still even Liverpool were only 4th in that division.
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 11:49 - Nov 28 with 1587 viewsKeno

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 11:44 - Nov 28 by solemio

Yes, I had the glory of watching us finish 16th in Division 2. Still even Liverpool were only 4th in that division.

haha!!

it amazing to me that in my lifetime Town haven't been aside the top to divisions and I am nearly as old as you!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 12:03 - Nov 28 with 1573 viewssolemio

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 11:49 - Nov 28 by Keno

haha!!

it amazing to me that in my lifetime Town haven't been aside the top to divisions and I am nearly as old as you!!

That's comforting. I didn't think there was anyone in the world nearly as old as me -or should that correctly be I?
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 12:05 - Nov 28 with 1571 viewsRadlett_blue

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 11:23 - Nov 28 by LeagueOne

It's weird to see how many on here actually supported other teams. I am from north Essex and me and my mates were always Ipswich fans, and still are. Ipswich was our team, no questions asked. If you supported anyone else you were a glory hunting dick head. Anglia is blue etc...

I went to school in Chelmsford & most of my peers supported West Ham. Unsurprising really when the ground was only 20 odd miles away, as against 40 for Ipswich.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 12:43 - Nov 28 with 1553 viewsLeagueOne

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 12:05 - Nov 28 by Radlett_blue

I went to school in Chelmsford & most of my peers supported West Ham. Unsurprising really when the ground was only 20 odd miles away, as against 40 for Ipswich.

Essex is the second biggest county in England, those of us this end of it traditionally supported Town and not Spam.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 12:47 - Nov 28 with 1547 viewsflimflam

I used to have a Scotland shirt when I was about 10 and the only reason I can think of why was Wark, Burley and Brazil!!

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 13:26 - Nov 28 with 1523 viewsThrobbe

Forest when I was a nipper. No idea why, as there's no family connection, I think I just liked Robin Hood.

I know I had a town shirt for football in the last year or two of primary school so assume I'd made the correct decision by then.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 13:27 - Nov 28 with 1522 viewsGeoffSentence

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 18:47 - Nov 27 by Burwell_Blue

No. How does that even happen?

Big boys threaten you.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 13:31 - Nov 28 with 1515 viewsWD19

I had a soft spot for Everton because EVERYONE else at school supported Liverpool and I am a contrarian.
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 13:31 - Nov 28 with 1515 viewsNorthstander_Blue

ITFC fan through and through
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 13:32]

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024