Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? 16:49 - Nov 27 with 9294 viewsAlexGreen

I was a Watford fan between 10-12 yrs old, solely because my friend at school was. Then we fell out and I needed to find myself a new club, and decided Ipswich was for me.

Best decision I ever made!

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:48 - Nov 27 with 2594 viewswkj

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:46 - Nov 27 by SpruceMoose

Mine is the one with the big parapets on the left. You can have the one made of meat on the right.

I thought that Moose were the meat eaters?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:48 - Nov 27 with 2593 viewsOxford_Blue

Growing up in the mid 80s i liked Man Utd, ironically before they were successful!

Remember we played them in the FA Cup in around 1988 (?) and remember being v excited.

Still supported Town and my dad had season tickets.
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:50 - Nov 27 with 2584 viewsjudespiveyg

I almost supported Liverpool when I was young mainly because of Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres but my family goes back many generations of Ipswich fans so it was the only choice really.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:52 - Nov 27 with 2580 viewsKeno

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:46 - Nov 27 by SpruceMoose

Mine is the one with the big parapets on the left. You can have the one made of meat on the right.

is "big parapet" some kind of moose euphemism?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:53 - Nov 27 with 2576 viewsSpruceMoose

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:52 - Nov 27 by Keno

is "big parapet" some kind of moose euphemism?

You haven't lived until you've frolicked all over some Scottish pile's big parapets, Keno.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 19:53]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:57 - Nov 27 with 2566 viewsParisBlue

Growing up in Sussex I had no affiliation to Ipswich and no family associations but as a 6 year old kid I somehow became affiliated. I liked the name, and I distinctly recall becoming enchanted watching SBR on television.

Sir Bobby has a lot to answer for.

In life you can change your wife/girlfriend, your job, your home etc. But you cannot change your football team.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:58 - Nov 27 with 2558 viewsSpruceMoose

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:57 - Nov 27 by ParisBlue

Growing up in Sussex I had no affiliation to Ipswich and no family associations but as a 6 year old kid I somehow became affiliated. I liked the name, and I distinctly recall becoming enchanted watching SBR on television.

In life you can change your wife/girlfriend, your job, your home etc. But you cannot change your football team.

"In life you can change your wife/girlfriend, your job, your home etc. But you cannot change your football team."

Unless you're a poster named Ulla.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:59 - Nov 27 with 2558 viewsKeno

But you cannot change your football team.

unless you are Delia Smith

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 20:01 - Nov 27 with 2553 viewsFtnfwest

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:29 - Nov 27 by Darth_Koont

Yeah, we're sneaky like that.

Behind the anonymity of an online forum, I'm dressed head to toe in tartan, munching shortbread and swigging Buckie.

Well I believe you. No really...
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 20:11 - Nov 27 with 2550 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nope.

It seems like I collected shirts when I was a kid; I had late 70s Leeds and Liverpool (no idea why - might have just been on sale). And I liked Spurs through early 90s, purely because of Hoddle, but never saw them.

Ipswich was the first team I saw and will always remain first. My old man was a Villa fan, but used to take me to Town reserve games when we lived in north Suffolk up until I was 7, then we moved to Ipswich and I started going to the senior matches in 78/79. He's a 'support your local team' bloke, something I've carried on with (my kids are Swans fans, there'd be no point in following us as they'd never get to see us).

I've picked up a few 'second' teams along the way though as I've moved around (Cheltenham, Wrexham, Chester, Swansea). I just like watching footie, so it doesn't matter what league my local team is in I'll still go and watch (including local village teams well down the pyramid).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 20:13 - Nov 27 with 2548 viewsReuser_is_God

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 19:23 - Nov 27 by Kieran_Knows

Debatable.

Very much so.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 23:01 - Nov 27 with 2481 viewsevansblue

Everton - born in Ipswich but moved to Chester aged 5 and got into footy. I recall
Collecting cigarette playing cards of Asa Hartford and Mick Lyons. Then asked my Nan for an Everton school bag for Christmas but she got me a Man Utd one. Quickly changed to Man. Utd then Moved to Felixstowe aged 7 in 1979 and became a Glory hunter following Ipswich. Never looked back
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 23:06 - Nov 27 with 2474 viewsFunge

Always been Ipswich, through family and location.

Cant imagine supporting anyone else, albeit that the last decade has been a total fcking waste of time.
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 23:07 - Nov 27 with 2474 viewsFunge

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 17:27 - Nov 27 by SpruceMoose

No. Never. IP2 through and through.

Wrong side of the river, fam.

Might as well support Capel.
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 23:10 - Nov 27 with 2468 viewsjeera

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 18:44 - Nov 27 by Vic

I hadn’t got you down as a Jock, DK.

You've never picked up on it before?

His writings used to be all like 'Och the noo' this and 'Haud yer wheesht' that, but he's come on leaps and bounds since those days.

Long trousers next.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 23:18 - Nov 27 with 2457 viewsjeera

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 23:06 - Nov 27 by Funge

Always been Ipswich, through family and location.

Cant imagine supporting anyone else, albeit that the last decade has been a total fcking waste of time.

My entire family were split something like 85% Spurs, 14% West Ham with 1% Arsenal.

When 'we' came up to Suffolk most of the kids at school were Town, so much to my dad's disappointment, by the time I was 7/8 my bedroom was an Ipswich, blue and white shrine.

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 23:24 - Nov 27 with 2447 viewstextbackup

I had a couple of shirts when i was little, the liverpool Candy one, Man utd one, and weirdly a Watford one (my uncle had a mate who played for them I think, that's how I got the kit)
but was never more than just a shirt. got ripped at school after the 9-0 because I still had town scarf on..... but fck it, could see the ground from the school classroom, was never going to be anyone else was it.
id like to think that anyone on here, living in Ipswich, with kids, wouldn't even consider letting theirs follow anyone but town.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 23:29 - Nov 27 with 2437 viewsFunge

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 23:18 - Nov 27 by jeera

My entire family were split something like 85% Spurs, 14% West Ham with 1% Arsenal.

When 'we' came up to Suffolk most of the kids at school were Town, so much to my dad's disappointment, by the time I was 7/8 my bedroom was an Ipswich, blue and white shrine.

This is why you are King of the Board.

Apologies to BelsteadBill, who I presume finally got mauled by that damn panther.
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 23:30 - Nov 27 with 2437 viewsStNeotsBlue

I was a not that bothered Liverpool fan in my early days , then saw a team on the Big Match in blue smash Norwich 4-2 and I was a fan, at the time I had no idea or understanding of the rivalry. Would have been 1979-80ish.
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 23:32 - Nov 27 with 2428 viewsjeera

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 23:29 - Nov 27 by Funge

This is why you are King of the Board.

Apologies to BelsteadBill, who I presume finally got mauled by that damn panther.

Belstead and his panther. That or he's in a padded cell somewhere.

I liked Bill, good sort, if a little mad.

Shame about the cycling.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 3:36]

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 00:12 - Nov 28 with 2403 viewsBLUEBEAT

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 17:05 - Nov 27 by Sporall

Southampton. My local team, and my parents team.

So why did you jump ship? Seems wrong.

Poll: W or W

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 00:28 - Nov 28 with 2386 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

So true !
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 08:17 - Nov 28 with 2311 viewsstewartm

I have got a picture of me when I was four years old with an Ipswich Town top on, my brothers are Arsenal and West Ham and my Dad was not interested in football. I was born in Bury St Edmunds (even though I have never lived in Suffolk) and for some reason I have always been a BLUE! Bristol will get walloped tonight MARK MY WORDS!!!!!!

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 08:33 - Nov 28 with 2300 viewsALF

Liverpool till I moved to Shotley Gate in '82 then realised there was no point supporting a team I never see when cheering the Town every home game.
Did anyone support a team before Ipswich? on 08:47 - Nov 28 with 2288 viewsSikamikanico

Flirted briefly with supporting Man Utd in 1986 as that was one of my best friends team.

Nearly supported Wolves as that was my Dad's team (originally from deepest darkest Devon and they werr apparently awesome when he were a lad).

Ipswich won out as my other best friend supported Ipswich.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024