Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? 12:50 - Dec 13 with 32720 viewschicoazul

I say 30 years as it would include the alternative guys that came out of the mid 80s as well as the guys who were established then for e.g. Bernard Manning, Chubby Brown etc

For me it's tough but i would say Harry Enfield is consistently funny, has his finger on the pulse, is a good actor and Ruddy Hell It's Harry and Paul is the best comedy programme in ages.

In before Theresa May, David Cameron etc

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 15:21 - Dec 17 with 1368 viewsSpruceMoose

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 15:20 - Dec 17 by Benters2

Haha great work Cpt SS !

In fact have a uppie.

Been on the sherry Benters?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 15:21 - Dec 17 with 1364 viewsBenters2

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:47 - Dec 16 by BrixtonBlue

I wore a rucksack to football yesterday. He'll be up in arms when he reads this fact.

Oh dear Lord now that is pleb tastic
Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 15:31 - Dec 17 with 1340 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 15:21 - Dec 17 by Benters2

Oh dear Lord now that is pleb tastic

It's "pleb tastic" in your mind because it's something you don't do. As I said elsewhere, anything you don't personally do yourself is wrong in your eyes. Your mind can't compute doing something in a different way to how you do it. It's closed and intolerant.

I cycled to Liverpool Street. I needed somewhere to put my cycling clothes after I changed. It's not rocket science.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 15:32 - Dec 17 with 1341 viewsSpruceMoose

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 15:31 - Dec 17 by BrixtonBlue

It's "pleb tastic" in your mind because it's something you don't do. As I said elsewhere, anything you don't personally do yourself is wrong in your eyes. Your mind can't compute doing something in a different way to how you do it. It's closed and intolerant.

I cycled to Liverpool Street. I needed somewhere to put my cycling clothes after I changed. It's not rocket science.

It'll be all your fault, you made him say horrible things about you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 15:35 - Dec 17 with 1335 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 15:32 - Dec 17 by SpruceMoose

It'll be all your fault, you made him say horrible things about you.

It's my fault for having the wrong type of bag.

Just like some people wear the wrong clothes or have the wrong colour skin.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 15:38 - Dec 17 with 1335 viewsSpruceMoose

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 15:35 - Dec 17 by BrixtonBlue

It's my fault for having the wrong type of bag.

Just like some people wear the wrong clothes or have the wrong colour skin.

I don't know what could make a man so full of disdain for other people who aren't exactly like him. It's sad really, as some of the best friendships I have are with people who are completely different to myself, so who knows what he may be missing out on.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 15:38]

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 16:19 - Dec 17 with 1295 viewsBLUEBEAT

Bob Monkhouse.

Poll: W or W

on 16:33 - Dec 17 with 1275 views_

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 12:29 - Dec 16 by BrixtonBlue

Fair enough if you don't find him funny, it's just that Benters called him a plank and you called him a chode, which seems more personal.

Certainly not "trying too hard" if you've seen his earlier stuff, but does seem a bit so in more recent times. I think he seemed more natural in earlier shows like Unrepeatable, Definite Article and Dress To Kill.

Login to get fewer ads

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 16:46 - Dec 17 with 1267 viewsBurwell_Blue

Funniest standup I have seen was Ricky Grover

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 18:01 - Dec 17 with 1232 viewsDeano69

on 09:55 - Dec 14 by _

Hadn't seen the full SP on this. As you say, sort of makes your thoughts change on some of the content.

Seems to be a bit obsessed with pleasuring himself in front of women, not altogether pleasant for the other person I am sure. Pretty much zero tolerance with that sort of behaviour these days.

His audio stuff still appears to be on Spotify. Nit seen the sitcom so cant comment, only listened to his stuff on Spotify as I was bored on a train and fancied a changed from music.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 19:03 - Dec 17 with 1205 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 16:33 - Dec 17 by _

Yeah, but what about Eddie Izzard?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024