Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? 12:50 - Dec 13 with 32724 viewschicoazul

I say 30 years as it would include the alternative guys that came out of the mid 80s as well as the guys who were established then for e.g. Bernard Manning, Chubby Brown etc

For me it's tough but i would say Harry Enfield is consistently funny, has his finger on the pulse, is a good actor and Ruddy Hell It's Harry and Paul is the best comedy programme in ages.

In before Theresa May, David Cameron etc

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 12:53 - Dec 16 with 2310 viewsbgexile

Ronnie Barker
Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 12:57 - Dec 16 with 2295 viewsBenters2

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 12:44 - Dec 16 by SpruceMoose

What do you mean he's a freak?

I knew you'd dislike him.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 12:52]

Is plastering your face in makeup and wearing a pink beret seen as normal now then?

I might try it.
Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:07 - Dec 16 with 2287 viewsSpruceMoose

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 12:57 - Dec 16 by Benters2

Is plastering your face in makeup and wearing a pink beret seen as normal now then?

I might try it.

You sound threatened by it. You're not the 'normal' police, buddy.

Most people don't give a fook how others live their lives, so long as they aren't bothering anyone.

Why does it bother you? It's holding attitudes like this that made me think you were a 70 year old wrinkled mess of a gammon btw

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:11 - Dec 16 with 2277 viewsLord_Lucan

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 12:57 - Dec 16 by Benters2

I might try it.

Our lot bumped into him in Islington after a QPR game about a dozen years back, he was resplendent in high heels, stockings and a mini skirt.

I thought it was you at first glance.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:12 - Dec 16 with 2275 viewsSpruceMoose

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:11 - Dec 16 by Lord_Lucan

Our lot bumped into him in Islington after a QPR game about a dozen years back, he was resplendent in high heels, stockings and a mini skirt.

I just spat coffee. Thanks Lucan!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:15 - Dec 16 with 2263 viewsBenters2

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 12:53 - Dec 16 by bgexile

Ronnie Barker

Great man sadly missed.
Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:20 - Dec 16 with 2258 viewsBenters2

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:07 - Dec 16 by SpruceMoose

Most people don't give a fook how others live their lives, so long as they aren't bothering anyone.

Why does it bother you? It's holding attitudes like this that made me think you were a 70 year old wrinkled mess of a gammon btw

Does that make him funny then?

Have you been drinking a lot of that crap American lager or something you seem excited?
Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:22 - Dec 16 with 2254 viewsBenters2

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:11 - Dec 16 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah some of us look good in anything!
Login to get fewer ads

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:24 - Dec 16 with 2244 viewsBenters2

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:12 - Dec 16 by SpruceMoose

I just spat coffee. Thanks Lucan!

I thought you were pissed to be honest.
Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:28 - Dec 16 with 2246 viewsSpruceMoose

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:20 - Dec 16 by Benters2

Does that make him funny then?

Have you been drinking a lot of that crap American lager or something you seem excited?

You said he was a freak. What's that got to do with being funny? You don't think he's a freak because he's unfunny. You're clutching your pearls because he wears high heels from time to time.

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:30 - Dec 16 with 2242 viewsSpruceMoose

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:24 - Dec 16 by Benters2

I thought you were pissed to be honest.

You're getting all worked up. You OK hun? xxx
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 13:33]

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:35 - Dec 16 with 2226 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 12:43 - Dec 16 by Benters2

Well he is bit of a freak and not very funny!

But i knew you would like him.

Because I'm open minded and don't fear things I don't do myself, you mean?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:37 - Dec 16 with 2225 viewsSpruceMoose

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:35 - Dec 16 by BrixtonBlue

Because I'm open minded and don't fear things I don't do myself, you mean?

I know what's going on here. Benters has gone full American Beauty as a result of his old boy feeling a twinge when he takes a gander at Eddie Izzard. Awfully specific, mentioning a pink beret, don't you think?

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:38 - Dec 16 with 2221 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 12:50 - Dec 16 by Benters2

Ha! What has running got to do with being funny,unless of course you poo yourself.

You called him a plank in your initial reply, which seemed like a personal attack. You didn't say anything about his humour.

I never said running has anything to do with being funny.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:41 - Dec 16 with 2218 viewsBrixtonBlue

I might try it.

Wow.

Shall we add transphobia to your list?

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:42 - Dec 16 with 2215 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:07 - Dec 16 by SpruceMoose

My Benters trap seems to have worked quite well.

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:43 - Dec 16 with 2216 viewsSpruceMoose

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:38 - Dec 16 by BrixtonBlue

You called him a plank in your initial reply, which seemed like a personal attack. You didn't say anything about his humour.

I never said running has anything to do with being funny.

Let's be honest. It's not about him being funny or not for Benters. So far he's called him a plank and a freak based solely on what he chooses to wear and and how he decides to present himself to the world.

Shameful really.

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:44 - Dec 16 with 2214 viewsSpruceMoose

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:41 - Dec 16 by BrixtonBlue

Wow.

Shall we add transphobia to your list?

Hardly surprising is it? I think we could have assumed as much.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 13:44]

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:47 - Dec 16 with 2206 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:44 - Dec 16 by SpruceMoose

Hardly surprising is it? I think we could have assumed as much.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 13:44]

I wore a rucksack to football yesterday. He'll be up in arms when he reads this fact.

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:49 - Dec 16 with 2204 viewsSpruceMoose

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:47 - Dec 16 by BrixtonBlue

I wore a rucksack to football yesterday. He'll be up in arms when he reads this fact.

Probably has a secret rucksack fetish too.

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 14:05 - Dec 16 with 2188 viewswkj

I have to go with Vic and Bob, but at a choice of the two then Bob - Although a bit of a nostalgia trip at times, Vic and Bobs Big Night Out on "BBC4" is just as pleasing as it was years ago - I still miss them on NYE, Those were certainly the days

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 14:07 - Dec 16 with 2184 viewswkj

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 13:49 - Dec 16 by SpruceMoose

Probably has a secret rucksack fetish too.

JANSPORT RUCKSACK THATTLL DO!

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 14:12 - Dec 16 with 2179 viewsjeera

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 17:55 - Dec 15 by BrixtonBlue

In what way? Certainly an innofesive comedian, does a lot for charity (all those marathons).

Extraordinary feat really:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8256589.stm

Followed by more a few years later in his mid 50s:

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a20789808/watch-eddie-izzard-finishes-27-marat

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 14:52 - Dec 17 with 2088 viewsSpruceMoose

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 14:12 - Dec 16 by jeera

Extraordinary feat really:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8256589.stm

Followed by more a few years later in his mid 50s:

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a20789808/watch-eddie-izzard-finishes-27-marat

Incredible stuff.

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 15:20 - Dec 17 with 2058 viewsBenters2

Who's the greatest British comedy figure of the last 30 years? on 14:52 - Dec 17 by SpruceMoose

Incredible stuff.

Haha great work Cpt SS !

In fact have a uppie.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024