Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. 06:12 - Dec 14 with 39085 viewsBenters2

Thats the way to do it..the locals came out of their house's and clapped the Policemen.

Fantastic news.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 6:14]
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:41 - Dec 14 with 3199 viewsBenters2

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:06 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

I can barely leave my house for terrorists. It's an outrage!

Glad you find it funny.
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:42 - Dec 14 with 3179 viewsHerbivore

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:24 - Dec 14 by 26_Paz

Not having a TV or a bed is not torture. Torture is pulling out fingernails etc

No bed and no heating for the rest of your life isn't torture? It's certainly inhumane.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:44 - Dec 14 with 3178 viewsjeera

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:39 - Dec 14 by 26_Paz

All guards would have to do is chuck food in every now and then

Doesn't work does it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:44 - Dec 14 with 3178 viewsJ2BLUE

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:37 - Dec 14 by 26_Paz

No, I'd hang them after I got info out of them

Reminds me of that episode of the Sopranos. The man wasn't scared of dying so they threatened to cut his balls off. You would kill people who believe there are 72 virgins waiting for them in paradise. Surely a better punishment would be life behind bars?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:46 - Dec 14 with 3157 viewsSpruceMoose

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:44 - Dec 14 by J2BLUE

Reminds me of that episode of the Sopranos. The man wasn't scared of dying so they threatened to cut his balls off. You would kill people who believe there are 72 virgins waiting for them in paradise. Surely a better punishment would be life behind bars?

This. To be honest I'd rather be shot than face the next 50 years of my life in a cell. I can't think of many worse punishments. Faced with that I'd happily check out now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:48 - Dec 14 with 3144 viewsHerbivore

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:46 - Dec 14 by SpruceMoose

This. To be honest I'd rather be shot than face the next 50 years of my life in a cell. I can't think of many worse punishments. Faced with that I'd happily check out now.

Paz seems torn between wanting torture and execution or drawn out mental torture in a gulag. Tough call, admittedly.

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:49 - Dec 14 with 3146 views26_Paz

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:44 - Dec 14 by J2BLUE

Yeah but there aren't actually virgins waiting for them so they'll get a nasty surprise when they find that bit out! Its more about the cost of keeping them for me, better all round to just get on with it

The Paz Man

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:51 - Dec 14 with 3138 viewsjeera

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:46 - Dec 14 by SpruceMoose

The point is it's nonsense.

All this faux bravado that people come out with, "If it was me I'd do this or that..."

It's not going to happen and it's just some bizarre way of willy waving.

No one is going to be tortured, then hanged as part of a course of justice in this country, nor any country with any aspiration of moving forwards as a society.

Dunno what kick people get from inventing these scenarios.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:51 - Dec 14 with 3132 viewsSpruceMoose

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:49 - Dec 14 by 26_Paz

Yeah but there aren't actually virgins waiting for them so they'll get a nasty surprise when they find that bit out! Its more about the cost of keeping them for me, better all round to just get on with it

It's an average of 32 grand a year to keep someone in prison. I don't feel like that's bad value for making someone live out their days inside.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:54 - Dec 14 with 3132 views26_Paz

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:51 - Dec 14 by SpruceMoose

It's an average of 32 grand a year to keep someone in prison. I don't feel like that's bad value for making someone live out their days inside.

I'd rather put that money into housing for the homeless or the NHS or something to help decent people rather than using it to punish evil people

The Paz Man

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:55 - Dec 14 with 3113 viewsSpruceMoose

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:54 - Dec 14 by 26_Paz

I'd rather put that money into housing for the homeless or the NHS or something to help decent people rather than using it to punish evil people

In theory, the UK is wealthy enough to fund all of that. We just have a government who chooses not to.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 15:57]

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:57 - Dec 14 with 3102 viewsHerbivore

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:41 - Dec 14 by Benters2

Glad you find it funny.

I don't find it funny. However the hysteria over terrorism is somewhat misplaced. There have been no terrorist fatalities in this country this year and the past two decades have been way, way, way safer in terms of terrorism than the previous three decades: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Great_Britain

There are literally dozens of things more likely to kill you than a terrorist. You're more likely to be killed by a drunk driver or murdered by your partner than you are to be killed by a terrorist. Of course it'd be great to eradicate all terrorism but the lengths some of you rabid types are willing to go to are way out of kilter with the actual threat and your draconian proposals for dealing with terrorists are more likely to increase rather than reduce the threat.

Look at that link and look at the numbers killed by the IRA in comparison to the numbers killed by Islamic terrorist. And how did we ultimately stop the IRA killing more people? Through torture, execution and inhumane prison conditions? Or was it through dialogue and a brokered peace process? Of course the two situations are different but violence only begets violence, whether it's state sponsored or otherwise.

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:58 - Dec 14 with 3096 viewsSpruceMoose

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:57 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

I don't find it funny. However the hysteria over terrorism is somewhat misplaced. There have been no terrorist fatalities in this country this year and the past two decades have been way, way, way safer in terms of terrorism than the previous three decades: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Great_Britain

There are literally dozens of things more likely to kill you than a terrorist. You're more likely to be killed by a drunk driver or murdered by your partner than you are to be killed by a terrorist. Of course it'd be great to eradicate all terrorism but the lengths some of you rabid types are willing to go to are way out of kilter with the actual threat and your draconian proposals for dealing with terrorists are more likely to increase rather than reduce the threat.

Look at that link and look at the numbers killed by the IRA in comparison to the numbers killed by Islamic terrorist. And how did we ultimately stop the IRA killing more people? Through torture, execution and inhumane prison conditions? Or was it through dialogue and a brokered peace process? Of course the two situations are different but violence only begets violence, whether it's state sponsored or otherwise.

Let's be honest, he's more likely to be killed by his own lawnmower than by a terrorist.

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 16:03 - Dec 14 with 3080 viewsHerbivore

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:58 - Dec 14 by SpruceMoose

Let's be honest, he's more likely to be killed by his own lawnmower than by a terrorist.

The statistical probability of being killed by a terrorist in Great Bentley is zero.

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 16:07 - Dec 14 with 3074 viewsSpruceMoose

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 16:03 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

The statistical probability of being killed by a terrorist in Great Bentley is zero.

Ironically, despite his fear of terrorists, Benters himself is probably the closest thing to an extremist in the village.

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 16:10 - Dec 14 with 3074 viewsVic

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 13:22 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

Have you seen what conditions are like in prisons in the UK? The notion they are basically holiday camps is entirely misplaced.

Yes!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 16:26 - Dec 14 with 3043 viewsSacrebleu

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:58 - Dec 14 by SpruceMoose

The thing is the lawn mower, drunk drivers or even pushed to the limit partners are not on a mission to kill you. These are accidents or moments of stupidity. Your ISIS terrorist on the other hand is getting messages from the big guy to kill us all, and get rewards.

It's different and we shouldn't have to live with it. I long for the day when we can walk on a plane without a strip search, not get my bag turned out going into buildings, draw out £10k without ID and questions and not having to step round concrete barriers protecting public buildings. We are becoming blind to the crap we have to live with.
yeh right on 16:43 - Dec 14 with 3017 viewsDyland

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 09:16 - Dec 14 by Benters2

It’s better than looking after him for the rest of his life in comfort like our softie lot would

It's better to try and capture them alive, to see if you can "weed out" information that may help prevent other acts of terror. What price can you put on possibly preventing further murders?

Whether the UK should have the death penalty is another argument, but "life in comfort" is a tad disingenuous innit :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Ah, you beat me to it (n/t) on 16:45 - Dec 14 with 3013 viewsDyland

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 09:12 - Dec 14 by bluelagos

Because a dead terrorist cant be interviewed to (possibly) learn about the wider network he may be involved in.

Not bothered about him, but very much prefer the anti-terrorist investigators to have as much info as possible to catch other terrorists if at all possible.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 17:03 - Dec 14 with 2981 viewsHerbivore

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 16:26 - Dec 14 by Sacrebleu

The thing is the lawn mower, drunk drivers or even pushed to the limit partners are not on a mission to kill you. These are accidents or moments of stupidity. Your ISIS terrorist on the other hand is getting messages from the big guy to kill us all, and get rewards.

It's different and we shouldn't have to live with it. I long for the day when we can walk on a plane without a strip search, not get my bag turned out going into buildings, draw out £10k without ID and questions and not having to step round concrete barriers protecting public buildings. We are becoming blind to the crap we have to live with.

When were you last strip searched at an airport? All of those other things are minor inconveniences. There will always be terrorism of some shape or form, sadly. It's hardly a new phenomenon and it's far from being the worst it's ever been.

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 17:48 - Dec 14 with 2927 viewsBraveDave

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 16:26 - Dec 14 by Sacrebleu

But the point is, people get worked up over something that is extremely rare and is very unlikely to really affect their everyday life.

When you say we are becoming blind to the crap we have to deal with, what is actually happening is that most people are just getting on with their lives and hardly giving terrorism a second thought as it doesn't affect them.

And there are lots of valid reasons why banks don't simply hand over 10k, and hardly any of those are due to terrorism
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 17:50 - Dec 14 with 2915 viewsHerbivore

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 17:48 - Dec 14 by BraveDave

But the point is, people get worked up over something that is extremely rare and is very unlikely to really affect their everyday life.

When you say we are becoming blind to the crap we have to deal with, what is actually happening is that most people are just getting on with their lives and hardly giving terrorism a second thought as it doesn't affect them.

And there are lots of valid reasons why banks don't simply hand over 10k, and hardly any of those are due to terrorism

The £10k is primarily down to money laundering laws.

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 19:56 - Dec 14 with 2834 viewsgordon

You're a drug smuggler aren't you?
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 22:24 - Dec 14 with 2789 viewsgtsb

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 14:30 - Dec 14 by SpruceMoose

Well if what we are talking about is vengeance then let's call it that.

I would worry for the long term mental welfare of the torturer too. How many people who are all for the torture would be willing to actually carry it out, or even able to?

Canadian Seal Clubbers.
The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 22:34 - Dec 14 with 2772 viewsgtsb

The Strasbourg market gunman has been killed by Police. on 15:27 - Dec 14 by J2BLUE

Torture isn't just physical. Being locked in a room with absolutely nothing and given worse food (assume you mean nutritious but unpalatable) is mental torture. How long do you think you'd last in those circumstances? Presumably with minimal contact with other people.

Would be kinder to hang them and I think we've agreed that isn't a good idea?

If you don't agree with hanging them then your first paragraph is absolutely the way to treat terrorists in our prisons.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024