Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m by no means... 21:25 - Dec 15 with 3354 viewsTIB

A regular to games but having been to Forest away and today’s game, both games the fullbacks have seemed the key weakness in the squad. Both do not want to get forward, both are sloppy on the ball and at times Spence looks pretty disinterested. Chalobah is also far too inconsistent to be playing for us as we fight to survive. Roberts ran his socks off today with a pretty impossible task against their two CB’s...I did think Jackson should have replaced him a bit sooner to really stretch them at the back.

The worst performance of the day comes from the ref though...absolutely appalling

Anyway, onwards and upwards. I dropped some more beer into Hopsters today and enjoyed speaking on Life’s A Pitch about all things Away Days.

The great escape has begun
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 21:26]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

I’m by no means... on 21:46 - Dec 15 with 3243 viewschristiand

Roberts was poor, he shows some nice touches at times, but overall he’s not able to hold the ball up to be an effective central striker, he will often drift wide and close Sears or Lankester’s space and doesn’t naturally come alive when the ball is in the middle of pitch. Appreciate this isn’t his natural position, but we could be there until now and he’d still not score. I thought Chalobah did ok today, there are times when he does give the ball away, but sometimes when he is caught in possession I often wonder if he gets a shout from his team mates there’s a man on, you’ve got time or turn? Both Downes and Lankester were disappointing today in my opinion. I’ve seen the thread about Knudsen and for an international player he looks poor, well certainly based on today, but we have no one else better at the moment. If German clubs are looking at him, I’d cash in.

The referee today was shameful. Chalobah was constantly penalised for not much, while others were allowed to get away with things and the challenge on Gerken during injury time, how was that not at least a yellow card?

Extremely grateful of the three points, but let’s not sugarcoat that was game played by two poor sides. Like you TIB, just hope this is the beginning of the great escape.....fingers crossed!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I’m by no means... on 22:20 - Dec 15 with 3116 viewsTIB

I’m by no means... on 21:46 - Dec 15 by christiand

Roberts was poor, he shows some nice touches at times, but overall he’s not able to hold the ball up to be an effective central striker, he will often drift wide and close Sears or Lankester’s space and doesn’t naturally come alive when the ball is in the middle of pitch. Appreciate this isn’t his natural position, but we could be there until now and he’d still not score. I thought Chalobah did ok today, there are times when he does give the ball away, but sometimes when he is caught in possession I often wonder if he gets a shout from his team mates there’s a man on, you’ve got time or turn? Both Downes and Lankester were disappointing today in my opinion. I’ve seen the thread about Knudsen and for an international player he looks poor, well certainly based on today, but we have no one else better at the moment. If German clubs are looking at him, I’d cash in.

The referee today was shameful. Chalobah was constantly penalised for not much, while others were allowed to get away with things and the challenge on Gerken during injury time, how was that not at least a yellow card?

Extremely grateful of the three points, but let’s not sugarcoat that was game played by two poor sides. Like you TIB, just hope this is the beginning of the great escape.....fingers crossed!

Certainly is a huge three points. Some friends I went to the game with today were asking who Roberts was...I explained he was a L2 free agent left winger playing as a lone striker. Mission impossible for the lad...I’m just not sure why we don’t go with Jackson up top or Harrison!?!

I’m just hoping we can sort these glaring issues out in January and really kick on in 2019.

I’m by no means... on 22:50 - Dec 15 with 3026 viewsBasuco

I’m by no means... on 22:20 - Dec 15 by TIB

Certainly is a huge three points. Some friends I went to the game with today were asking who Roberts was...I explained he was a L2 free agent left winger playing as a lone striker. Mission impossible for the lad...I’m just not sure why we don’t go with Jackson up top or Harrison!?!

I’m just hoping we can sort these glaring issues out in January and really kick on in 2019.

I watched the Bristol City game from the directors box and when Jordan Roberts went off our goal threat went to zero, he does a good job as no. 9 but we do need a proven striker to hold the ball up and give a proper goal threat. This will also feed Freddie more goals as well. Don't get wrong, Jordan Roberts is doing a great job, but a proven player at Championship level will get us goals and move us up the table.
I’m by no means... on 23:21 - Dec 15 with 2937 viewsArnieM

I’m by no means... on 22:50 - Dec 15 by Basuco

I watched the Bristol City game from the directors box and when Jordan Roberts went off our goal threat went to zero, he does a good job as no. 9 but we do need a proven striker to hold the ball up and give a proper goal threat. This will also feed Freddie more goals as well. Don't get wrong, Jordan Roberts is doing a great job, but a proven player at Championship level will get us goals and move us up the table.

I’m dying to know who Lambert has on his “ wanted list”

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I’m by no means... on 07:35 - Dec 16 with 2668 viewschristiand

Think Roberts could do a very good job in one of the wide roles that Sears or Lankester occupy. Just surprised there wasn’t more interchanging between the three of them positionally, let Sears play centrally for spells and Roberts go wide, see if that makes a difference. It’ll keep the defenders honest too!!

Desperately need a proven Championship quality striker on 1st January though, it’s glaringly obvious!!
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 7:40]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I’m by no means... on 08:17 - Dec 16 with 2552 viewstractorboy1978

I’m by no means... on 07:35 - Dec 16 by christiand

Think Roberts could do a very good job in one of the wide roles that Sears or Lankester occupy. Just surprised there wasn’t more interchanging between the three of them positionally, let Sears play centrally for spells and Roberts go wide, see if that makes a difference. It’ll keep the defenders honest too!!

Desperately need a proven Championship quality striker on 1st January though, it’s glaringly obvious!!
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 7:40]

Says a lot for what Lambert thinks of Harrison and Jackson for me that he continues to pick Roberts.
I’m by no means... on 08:30 - Dec 16 with 2518 viewsWickets

Tend to agree with what is being said about Roberts its an almost impossible task for him against 2 great big defenders and he often plays as thought he knows just that , although its not a lack of effort on his part and he did do well to keep the ball alive for our goal in the Wigan penalty area for our goal. Think he gets an assist for that rather important touch .
I’m by no means... on 09:15 - Dec 16 with 2449 viewsGarv

You're correct. Jackson made us worse simply because he offers zero presence and Roberts offers some, not a great deal but he does at least challenge defenders.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

I’m by no means... on 09:22 - Dec 16 with 2418 viewsHerbivore

I’m by no means... on 09:15 - Dec 16 by Garv

You're correct. Jackson made us worse simply because he offers zero presence and Roberts offers some, not a great deal but he does at least challenge defenders.

Yeah, Jackson is too lightweight and lacks the physical presence to play as a lone striker. I'd be tempted to use him as one of the wide forwards, he played that role a lot at Accrington and his pace in behind in the channels would be a threat.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I’m by no means... on 10:38 - Dec 16 with 2325 viewsGuthrum

Disagree about Knudsen and getting forwards. He seems to spend more time deep in the opposition half, exchanging the ball with Sears, than in the traditional position. Indeed, that is one of the problem, in that he has to get all the way back in a hurry when the opposition breaks.

Roberts works very hard and is doing all the right things, but is just a stride or so not fast enough for them to quite come off.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I’m by no means... on 10:43 - Dec 16 with 2311 viewsHerbivore

I’m by no means... on 10:38 - Dec 16 by Guthrum

Disagree about Knudsen and getting forwards. He seems to spend more time deep in the opposition half, exchanging the ball with Sears, than in the traditional position. Indeed, that is one of the problem, in that he has to get all the way back in a hurry when the opposition breaks.

Roberts works very hard and is doing all the right things, but is just a stride or so not fast enough for them to quite come off.

The criticism of Knudsen is a little all over the place.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I’m by no means... on 10:57 - Dec 16 with 2276 viewsKeaneish

I thought Spence did OK first half. He hassled and harried, got tight to his and didn’t give him much. Definitely looked a bit leggy second half and seemed to amble back and not go the extra yard.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I’m by no means... on 11:17 - Dec 16 with 2242 viewsBlueBadger

I’m by no means... on 10:43 - Dec 16 by Herbivore

I like how he manages to 'never cross the halfway line' whilst always being 'out of position'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I’m by no means... on 11:58 - Dec 16 with 2178 viewsTIB

I’m by no means... on 10:38 - Dec 16 by Guthrum

I’ve always liked Knudsen just yesterday on occasions he would be up the flanks exchanging with Sears like you said but then other times when it was so obvious he should be making a run he held back. I guess for me it seemed at times like he was told to get forwards and others not so, but the times when he would have been best getting forward he didn’t. He’s a pro footballer and I’m not so won’t be too critical.

A big lump upfront would really help at present just to hold the ball up and bring others into play, and as others have said maybe give Roberts a chance to play out wide in his natural position.

on 12:29 - Dec 16 with 2125 views_

I’m by no means... on 10:43 - Dec 16 by Herbivore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024