Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window 21:40 - Dec 29 with 18950 viewsMaySixth

good luck to the kid
hope we invest wisely

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 16:23 - Dec 30 with 2161 viewsHerbivore

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 16:07 - Dec 30 by agentp

Absolutely sure.

Don't forget the sell on fees, loan fees and agent fees. Our transfer fee spend was also more than half.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2018 16:13]

Harrison £750k, Donacien £750k, Jackson £1.75m, Nsiala and Nolan circa £2m, Edwards £700k. So a shade under £6m. We brought in over £10m up front from selling Waghorn, Garner and Webster, plus Knight too. We've already received some of the top ups for Webster too. So it's a little over half that we've spent. Loan fees, fair enough, but we've got a few out on loan ourselves too so I seriously doubt our incoming business has taken up all of the funds raised over the summer. There's a surplus.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 16:30 - Dec 30 with 2135 viewsDubtractor

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 16:23 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

Harrison £750k, Donacien £750k, Jackson £1.75m, Nsiala and Nolan circa £2m, Edwards £700k. So a shade under £6m. We brought in over £10m up front from selling Waghorn, Garner and Webster, plus Knight too. We've already received some of the top ups for Webster too. So it's a little over half that we've spent. Loan fees, fair enough, but we've got a few out on loan ourselves too so I seriously doubt our incoming business has taken up all of the funds raised over the summer. There's a surplus.

Scandalous that we spent all that money on so many players who are so far short of championship standard.

I know that none of those fees are huge individually, my gripe is more that the players are mostly not remotely good enough for this level and shouldn't have been signed whatever the cost.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 16:32 - Dec 30 with 2130 viewsagentp

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 16:23 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

So there is a £4m surplus. Now take off £1.3m in sell on clauses and around £2.5 m in loan fees and you have your answer. Throw in the agent fees too.

Pointless including any top-ups for Webster. We couldn't spend it before we got it and couldn't spend it in a closed window; Jan perhaps.

When we loan a player to L2 clubs there isn't usually a loan fee. When we sign a premiership player there nearly always is - higher wages too.

There is NO significant surplus. It would also be prudent for ME to have a SMALL surplus should he need an emergency loan or something.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 16:34 - Dec 30 with 2116 viewsHerbivore

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 16:32 - Dec 30 by agentp

So there is a £4m surplus. Now take off £1.3m in sell on clauses and around £2.5 m in loan fees and you have your answer. Throw in the agent fees too.

Pointless including any top-ups for Webster. We couldn't spend it before we got it and couldn't spend it in a closed window; Jan perhaps.

When we loan a player to L2 clubs there isn't usually a loan fee. When we sign a premiership player there nearly always is - higher wages too.

There is NO significant surplus. It would also be prudent for ME to have a SMALL surplus should he need an emergency loan or something.

I guess if you continually massage the figures and make numbers up then it's easy to erode away any surplus.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 16:34 - Dec 30 with 2117 viewsagentp

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 16:30 - Dec 30 by Dubtractor

Scandalous that we spent all that money on so many players who are so far short of championship standard.

I know that none of those fees are huge individually, my gripe is more that the players are mostly not remotely good enough for this level and shouldn't have been signed whatever the cost.

Agree.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 16:36 - Dec 30 with 2108 viewsagentp

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 16:34 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

I guess if you continually massage the figures and make numbers up then it's easy to erode away any surplus.

I think that is what you are doing.

The figures are really quite obvious. I have no reason to defend ME, but I do hate it when people cant tell the difference between net and gross. No wonder the country has so much debt.

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 18:29 - Dec 30 with 2020 viewsTonytown

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 16:36 - Dec 30 by agentp

I think that is what you are doing.

The figures are really quite obvious. I have no reason to defend ME, but I do hate it when people cant tell the difference between net and gross. No wonder the country has so much debt.

So you think that we are paying £2.5m in fees to loan Chalobah, Pennington, & Edun???

That is total nonsense.

Their parent clubs will be delighted that they are getting game time in the Championship and we will probably only be paying part of their wages and any loan fees will be negligible.

None of those players are in the same league as Fraser or Lawrence that MM brought to paper over the cracks.

I think that you need to wake up and see what Evans has done to our club over the past 10 years and what he allowed Hurst to do in the summer.

Bringing in promising players is fine, but he got rid of our whole exoerienced forward line in one window.
So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 18:34 - Dec 30 with 2002 viewsHorseboy

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 07:04 - Dec 30 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Does Lambert know about this, what with him bringing him on for 11 minutes plus 5 added on. Game had gone, other options on the bench. Madness to risk an injury don’t you think?

And madness to think the game is over with all that time left, ask Derby the same question for yesterday's game?
Login to get fewer ads

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 18:42 - Dec 30 with 1981 viewsagentp

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 18:29 - Dec 30 by Tonytown

So you think that we are paying £2.5m in fees to loan Chalobah, Pennington, & Edun???

That is total nonsense.

Their parent clubs will be delighted that they are getting game time in the Championship and we will probably only be paying part of their wages and any loan fees will be negligible.

None of those players are in the same league as Fraser or Lawrence that MM brought to paper over the cracks.

I think that you need to wake up and see what Evans has done to our club over the past 10 years and what he allowed Hurst to do in the summer.

Bringing in promising players is fine, but he got rid of our whole exoerienced forward line in one window.

I don't need to wake up to anything. I have no reason to support or ME, but facts are facts.

BTW you forgot Jordan Graham and Jon Walters. £2.5m in fees for those five is; I would say, not far off the mark.

You mention Fraser - he was not as highly rated when we signed him as Chalobah is when we signed him and we are also talking Bournemouth and Chelsea here. There were fees for at least two of the others. I don't think I am far wrong ;-)

ME is also not responsible for getting rid of an experienced forward line.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 11:18]

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 18:58 - Dec 30 with 1957 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 18:34 - Dec 30 by Horseboy

And madness to think the game is over with all that time left, ask Derby the same question for yesterday's game?

It only takes a second to score a goal but only if you’ve got players capable of creating and taking chances.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 01:04 - Dec 31 with 1773 viewsEly_Blue

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 16:34 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

Or if you continue to ignore the plain FACTS that are presented to you in figures and numbers then it’s easy to make your story of not investing fit the narrative that you have

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 10:41 - Jun 12 with 1042 viewsBerkshire_Blue

So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 21:59 - Dec 29 by J2BLUE

I don't believe a word you say as you love a wind up but if it costs us Dozzell to stay up then so be it.

Some mistake surely,, you must mean go up not stay up 😕
So Spurs are signing Dozzell for £5m in the window on 11:41 - Jun 12 with 925 viewsSwansea_Blue

How's he getting on there?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024