Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What to do in Jan? So many questions 11:55 - Dec 30 with 5315 viewsChocorange

Would you sell players that are not good enough for what we need this season... If so who?

Or would you keep them in the hope they are good enough for league 1?

If making players available , who would you actively look to push out ( via agents) to free up wage space and transfer fees?

How many players would you bring in, are we looking at a complete change like Hursts in the summer?

I recall Mick bringing in 7 or 8 the year Huws joined when We weren't safe.( I can see this happening again) . That season I think we brought in Rowe and Moore as cheap punts tho, not what we need now.

Or...do we sit on our hands and do nothing...and/or play the kids?

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 17:36 - Dec 30 with 1411 viewsBinner

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 17:30 - Dec 30 by MrTown

Read the post, says next summer not this summer. That’s summer 2020.

This is December 2018. Next summer begins in June 2019.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 17:38 - Dec 30 with 1403 viewsMrTown

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 17:36 - Dec 30 by Binner

Matter of opinion. Now that’s cleared up you can rethink a decent response and get back to me.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 17:38 - Dec 30 with 1403 viewsPJH

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 17:36 - Dec 30 by Binner

You had better add "in my opinion" to save any confusion.
What to do in Jan? So many questions on 17:40 - Dec 30 with 1403 viewsMrTown

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 17:34 - Dec 30 by PJH

Yep read it again.

Still can't see where you say "in my opinion".

When you said next summer I thought you meant next summer, not the one after.

All very clear now.

Everything on here is opinion, unless you’re Paul Lambert or Marcus Evans nothing on here is guaranteed.

“Next summer”, again matter of opinion, now that’s cleared up, same goes for you, rethink a semi-decent response and i’ll have a read.

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 17:42 - Dec 30 with 1399 viewsMrTown

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 17:38 - Dec 30 by PJH

You had better add "in my opinion" to save any confusion.

Anyone on here with half a brain cell would be able to recognise we are all commenting based upon their own opinion.

But you are PJH so.

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 17:45 - Dec 30 with 1392 viewsBinner

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 17:38 - Dec 30 by MrTown

Matter of opinion. Now that’s cleared up you can rethink a decent response and get back to me.

Rather than try to redefine the calendar with some spurious and obviously wrong crap about when is 'next' summer, why not answer the question...

How could we possibly offload Donacien, Nsiala, Nolan Jackson and Roberts next summer?

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 17:53 - Dec 30 with 1384 viewsMrTown

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 17:45 - Dec 30 by Binner

Rather than try to redefine the calendar with some spurious and obviously wrong crap about when is 'next' summer, why not answer the question...

How could we possibly offload Donacien, Nsiala, Nolan Jackson and Roberts next summer?

Well if you want to get yourself worked up about when next summer is, at your peril.

We do what you have to do to offload players, negotiate a sale.

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 18:00 - Dec 30 with 1376 viewsBinner

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 17:53 - Dec 30 by MrTown

Well if you want to get yourself worked up about when next summer is, at your peril.

We do what you have to do to offload players, negotiate a sale.

I know when next summer is and it is definitely not in two tears time.

You are evading the question... How could we possibly offload Donacien, Nsiala, Nolan Jackson and Roberts next summer?

Login to get fewer ads

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 18:13 - Dec 30 with 1361 viewsMrTown

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 18:00 - Dec 30 by Binner

I know when next summer is and it is definitely not in two tears time.

You are evading the question... How could we possibly offload Donacien, Nsiala, Nolan Jackson and Roberts next summer?

Read the post. Negotiate a sale of said players by the summer of 2020 (keeps you happy). By then Lambert should has pretty forged his ‘own’ team, and I can’t see them players being good enough long term for Lamberts plans and the way he wants to play.

Jesus Christ, you give aspirin a headache.

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 18:39 - Dec 30 with 1342 viewsBinner

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 18:13 - Dec 30 by MrTown

Read the post. Negotiate a sale of said players by the summer of 2020 (keeps you happy). By then Lambert should has pretty forged his ‘own’ team, and I can’t see them players being good enough long term for Lamberts plans and the way he wants to play.

Jesus Christ, you give aspirin a headache.

We are a Championship club, presumably paying those players commensurate salaries. But the players are not up to Championship standard; if they were we would not be in our present parlous state. So any buyer would be from the lower leagues ie L1 or L2.

To 'negotiate a sale' you have to find someone willing to match, or better, the salary you are paying. So:
1. Why would L1 or L2 teams sign those players, even on a free transfer, and pay salaries above the players' worth?
and 2. Why would the players accept a transfer which meant a large reduction in salary?

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 18:49 - Dec 30 with 1332 viewsMrTown

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 18:39 - Dec 30 by Binner

We are a Championship club, presumably paying those players commensurate salaries. But the players are not up to Championship standard; if they were we would not be in our present parlous state. So any buyer would be from the lower leagues ie L1 or L2.

To 'negotiate a sale' you have to find someone willing to match, or better, the salary you are paying. So:
1. Why would L1 or L2 teams sign those players, even on a free transfer, and pay salaries above the players' worth?
and 2. Why would the players accept a transfer which meant a large reduction in salary?

it will happen, them players will be moved on. We pay low wages for the championship, League 1 teams at the higher end will be on the same level as us. Then players will leave.

But Jesus Christ you go on. Find another thread now please.

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 19:14 - Dec 30 with 1319 viewsghostofescobar

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 15:33 - Dec 30 by SonOfSpock

My opening gambit would be to return Chalobah. His presence is not helping us on pitch and all we're doing is developing him for Chelsea.

I'd recall Wolfenden and look to play him in readiness for next year. He'll learn faster in the championship. Likewise recall Emmanuel from Shrewsbury. Gives Lambert a chance to look over him. If he is ready to make a contribution after 2 loan spells of regular football he never will be.

Can't see him going as PL plays him every game.

GhostOfEscobar

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 00:02 - Dec 31 with 1261 viewsGarv

What to do in Jan? So many questions on 16:28 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

You thought a squad that finished comfortably in mid table despite injuries to key players for much of the season was crap? Interesting, I shudder to think how you must feel about the dross we have now.

The squad that finished the season is not the one Hurst had when he walked in the door.

Iorfa gone - not a massive player admittedly - but McGoldrick gone, Celina gone, Connolly gone, Carter-Vickers gone.

We were helped by a very good quick start to the season, and I feel Waghorn dragged us through the second half of the season as Garner started to tail off.

It was also a squad that, as players have admitted, were used to one way of playing, and an outdated one at that. A culture of non football was ingrained in them.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024