Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Believe me or don't 15:28 - Jan 3 with 19214 viewsCOYBitfc

But I have it on very good authority to ME is in discussions with 2 interested parties concerning potential take over. 1 has been a fairly long term discussion and the other relatively new in comparison.

I guess with it being no secret that he'd sell if the deal was right that it's expected that he'll be having such discussions.

Will they come to anything though?

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Believe me or don't on 13:38 - Apr 1 with 877 viewsPecker

Believe you I won't.
Believe me or don't on 13:56 - Apr 1 with 815 viewsBrixtonBlue

Believe me or don't on 08:59 - Apr 1 by COYBitfc

Would seem this is coming to fruition....

Given that nothing is happening 3 months after you posted this, you'd have been better off keeping your head down.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Believe me or don't on 17:17 - Apr 1 with 695 viewsglasso

Believe me or don't on 11:35 - Jan 4 by Bent_double

The good thing about us sticking to FFP is that a new owner will be able to come in and splash the cash immediately and have 3 years to deal with it.

So in theory, we would 'do a Wolves', go and spend £30m on a couple of really good players and see what happens over the next couple of seasons.

All being well, we would be challenging for promotion, crowds would be up in the mid-high 20k's - so higher income/lower losses. If it didn't work out, then at least those players could be sold-on for roughly the same or even more, depending on how they were performing.

A very simplistic view, and I'm sure someone will say that's not possible/won't work, and of course it would depend on ME selling the club for a relatively small sum (<£10m?).

I thought FFP was done on a rolling three year basis? So, if we spent £30m this year, they'd add that to the last two years and we have £39m to lose in total?
And next year they'd look at 2018, 2019 and 2020's spending?

Have I got that completely wrong?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024