Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Believe me or don't 15:28 - Jan 3 with 19213 viewsCOYBitfc

But I have it on very good authority to ME is in discussions with 2 interested parties concerning potential take over. 1 has been a fairly long term discussion and the other relatively new in comparison.

I guess with it being no secret that he'd sell if the deal was right that it's expected that he'll be having such discussions.

Will they come to anything though?

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Believe me or don't on 19:09 - Jan 3 with 5603 viewsMrTown

Believe me or don't on 15:37 - Jan 3 by SpruceMoose

Doesn't that depend on who buys it?

That’s what I was thinking. Everyone knows that I would like ME to either move on or step up.

But with that being said there are a lot worse owners in the football business. If the Oystons took over, would make Evans look like a Saint.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Believe me or don't on 08:36 - Jan 4 with 5432 viewsBackToRussia

Believe me or don't on 15:55 - Jan 3 by J2BLUE

The point is actually that you can't sell something without a buyer.

The OP making things up (again) doesn't prove there is a buyer.

You're proving what I'm saying. You refuse to believe that even a potential buyer may exist! When Evans does sell the club you will no doubt remain absolutely incredulous until the new man is unveiled.

Let's put this another way around: if you are running a loss making business that is making your other businesses less profitable, and the loss making business had no real prospect of making money, would you not be SEEKING a buyer? Yes, it might be difficult, but you're a businessman and you surely don't just do nothing?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Believe me or don't on 08:38 - Jan 4 with 5433 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Why would you buy now?

Going to be a cheaper deal when we go down.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Believe me or don't on 08:47 - Jan 4 with 5413 viewsSteve_M

Believe me or don't on 15:38 - Jan 3 by Illinoisblue

he has the unenviable position of choosing between continuing to lose money over the long-term or taking a big hit in the short-term.

I'm not sure he's the ogre as many make out, but I don't have any sympathy for people like him who try and use football clubs to make money.

He isn't an ogre, just rather crap at owning and running a football club and seemingly not interested in trying to improve that. And, as you allude to, he didn't buy us as an act of charity.

And re: the OP, I had heard that there were discussions at the start of the season but they were unlikely to proceed with the club in danger of relegation.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Believe me or don't on 08:49 - Jan 4 with 5410 viewsdirtyboy

This is how I look at it...

How many people are worth* more than Evans?

How many people worth more than Evans are interested in football?

How many people worth more than Evans are interested in football AND interested in owning a football club?

How many people worth more than Evans are interested in football AND interested in owning a football club potentially in the third tier?

(* by worth, I'm really meaning annual disposable income in excess of the average put in by Evans each year)

Careful what you wish for etc... lol!
Believe me or don't on 09:08 - Jan 4 with 5374 viewsRadlett_blue

Believe me or don't on 08:47 - Jan 4 by Steve_M

He isn't an ogre, just rather crap at owning and running a football club and seemingly not interested in trying to improve that. And, as you allude to, he didn't buy us as an act of charity.

And re: the OP, I had heard that there were discussions at the start of the season but they were unlikely to proceed with the club in danger of relegation.

Exactly. I'm sure plenty of people are interested in buying a debt free ITFC & I think Evans is a seller at an acceptable price. Unfortunately, no-one has managed to meet that & with relegation staring us in the face, no-one is likely to meet his asking price now. So, back to minimising losses again & hoping something turns up, which has been Evans's strategy after Keane (& to a lesser extent Jewell) wasted his initial investment.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Believe me or don't on 09:14 - Jan 4 with 5365 viewsIpswichKnight

Believe me or don't on 15:51 - Jan 3 by SpruceMoose

Anyway, just because someone can afford to buy it, it doesn't mean they would plan on funding it to the level that some on here are expecting/dreaming of.

Ah but they could with a loan from the Express Bank of Moose at 200000%apr
Believe me or don't on 09:31 - Jan 4 with 5318 viewsStewart27

Believe me or don't on 15:35 - Jan 3 by NoBru

F*** me I wish this was true, never wanted something so much in my life.

If someone bought the club from that man it would be up there with the best things that have ever happened to me. (see below)

1. England winning a penalty shootout in WC 2018
2. The birth of my daughter
3. Play off final win

But you’re not allowed to be negative to the man that has killed our club though? He funds our hobby?
Login to get fewer ads

Believe me or don't on 09:40 - Jan 4 with 5303 viewsLeaky

Believe me or don't on 16:31 - Jan 3 by SpruceMoose

I found a polo covered in dog hair and crumbs. That's it. Sorry folks.

If you could find two polo's that would probably be enough
Believe me or don't on 09:50 - Jan 4 with 5285 viewsmonty_radio

Believe me or don't on 16:04 - Jan 3 by agentp

I can remember Exeter City being taken over by Uri Geller lol. Careful

He'd probably have been just the one some seem to want for bending F.F.P. though.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Believe me or don't on 10:34 - Jan 4 with 5223 viewsGodBlue

Believe me or don't on 08:38 - Jan 4 by BullardsMagicMullet

Why would you buy now?

Going to be a cheaper deal when we go down.

I guess it could go either way, if you're willing to gamble a bit.

ME could probably ask a bit more now than he could in 6 months, IF we were to go down, because there's still a chance that we won't.

So, it would seem to make sense for him to be testing the waters... not that I'm saying I think there's any definiteness of the OP's info. But he's a business man, who (as far as I know) bought us as a business, so why wouldn't he be willing/eager to sell before we potentially become a much bigger loss for him.

If you're in the market for a football club at this level, I can see how ME might think he could make us an attractive proposition to you. But he'd have to take a big hit on his investment. Though that looks likely either way, at the moment.

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Believe me or don't on 10:45 - Jan 4 with 5198 viewsBrixtonBlue

Believe me or don't on 15:32 - Jan 3 by BackToRussia

From what I'm told by the board intelligentsia, there is no possible way to sell a football club, no one will ever be interested in buying ITFC even if it were, and Marcus Evans will, by necessity, have to own us in perpetuity. So I remain sceptical of this one.

Literally no-one has ever said this.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Believe me or don't on 10:48 - Jan 4 with 5196 viewsagentp

Believe me or don't on 08:36 - Jan 4 by BackToRussia

You're proving what I'm saying. You refuse to believe that even a potential buyer may exist! When Evans does sell the club you will no doubt remain absolutely incredulous until the new man is unveiled.

Let's put this another way around: if you are running a loss making business that is making your other businesses less profitable, and the loss making business had no real prospect of making money, would you not be SEEKING a buyer? Yes, it might be difficult, but you're a businessman and you surely don't just do nothing?

ME, is certainly not 'Just doing nothing.' naive to even consider so.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Believe me or don't on 10:59 - Jan 4 with 5166 viewsSwansea_Blue

Believe me or don't on 10:45 - Jan 4 by BrixtonBlue

Literally no-one has ever said this.

No far off, as stupid as that sounds.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Believe me or don't on 11:35 - Jan 4 with 5135 viewsBent_double

Believe me or don't on 15:38 - Jan 3 by JammyDodgerrr

This is the problem. I can't quite remember exactly but the losses can't exceed £39M over three years right?

We currently lose around £6-8m with only little investment in transfer fees. We really can't spend that much whilst our income is so low.

The good thing about us sticking to FFP is that a new owner will be able to come in and splash the cash immediately and have 3 years to deal with it.

So in theory, we would 'do a Wolves', go and spend £30m on a couple of really good players and see what happens over the next couple of seasons.

All being well, we would be challenging for promotion, crowds would be up in the mid-high 20k's - so higher income/lower losses. If it didn't work out, then at least those players could be sold-on for roughly the same or even more, depending on how they were performing.

A very simplistic view, and I'm sure someone will say that's not possible/won't work, and of course it would depend on ME selling the club for a relatively small sum (<£10m?).

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Believe me or don't on 11:52 - Jan 4 with 5097 viewsJ2BLUE

Believe me or don't on 08:36 - Jan 4 by BackToRussia

Of course Evans is seeking a buyer. That seems to be common knowledge.

I'm not proving what you're saying at all. The OP has form for making things up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Believe me or don't on 08:59 - Apr 1 with 4641 viewsCOYBitfc

Would seem this is coming to fruition....

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Believe me or don't on 09:05 - Apr 1 with 4601 viewsBloomBlue

Believe me or don't on 08:59 - Apr 1 by COYBitfc

Until he sells Newcastle he cannot buy Town.
Believe me or don't on 09:08 - Apr 1 with 4590 viewsITFC_Forever

Believe me or don't on 08:59 - Apr 1 by COYBitfc

On what basis?

Some completely baseless rumours on here from Saturday night and Lambert getting the hump with Brenner, but having the good grace to admit his results haven't been the best since he's been here?

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Believe me or don't on 09:24 - Apr 1 with 4549 viewsitfcjoe

Not happening.

I don't understand why, but at the moment Evans isn't interested in selling or entertaining anything.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Believe me or don't on 10:06 - Apr 1 with 4469 viewsCoastalblue

Believe me or don't on 09:08 - Apr 1 by ITFC_Forever

On what basis?

Some completely baseless rumours on here from Saturday night and Lambert getting the hump with Brenner, but having the good grace to admit his results haven't been the best since he's been here?

On the basis it's April 1st

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Believe me or don't on 10:12 - Apr 1 with 4439 viewsSuperblue95

Believe me or don't on 09:24 - Apr 1 by itfcjoe

Not happening.

I don't understand why, but at the moment Evans isn't interested in selling or entertaining anything.

Evans isn’t interested in entertaining?

Would explain the last few seasons I guess

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Believe me or don't on 10:46 - Apr 1 with 4360 viewsGeoffSentence

Believe me or don't on 15:39 - Jan 3 by BloomBlue

To be fair I did inform this site a few weeks ago that Mike Ashley wants to buy Ipswich after he sells Newcastle

That's been knocked on the head. He's still interested in a Suffolk purchase, but Ipswich is too big, news is that he's buying Debenham instead.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Believe me or don't on 11:34 - Apr 1 with 4268 viewsRyorry

Don't.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Believe me or don't on 12:29 - Apr 1 with 4178 viewsBiGDonnie

Believe me or don't on 15:39 - Jan 3 by davblue

I genuinely can't wait.

Kevin Davies coming in also?

What, to sit in front of the defence ;o)

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024