Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Believe me or don't 15:28 - Jan 3 with 19212 viewsCOYBitfc

But I have it on very good authority to ME is in discussions with 2 interested parties concerning potential take over. 1 has been a fairly long term discussion and the other relatively new in comparison.

I guess with it being no secret that he'd sell if the deal was right that it's expected that he'll be having such discussions.

Will they come to anything though?

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Believe me or don't on 15:52 - Jan 3 with 4939 viewsSpruceMoose

Believe me or don't on 15:52 - Jan 3 by J2BLUE

Is this as reliable as last time you posted def info from two very good sources?

I'd say yes. In that it is reliably crap.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Believe me or don't on 15:53 - Jan 3 with 4936 viewsagentp

Believe me or don't on 15:32 - Jan 3 by BackToRussia

From what I'm told by the board intelligentsia, there is no possible way to sell a football club, no one will ever be interested in buying ITFC even if it were, and Marcus Evans will, by necessity, have to own us in perpetuity. So I remain sceptical of this one.

That's not quite true is it? We have been for sale for quite a while and so far no-one has really shown any interest as of yet.

The thing that should be more important here is If he is in talks with anyone who is buying it. Evans could offload with a duty of care for the club or just get shot of it. Let's hope it's the former.

BTW our turnover isn't exactly huge. Talks shouldn't need to last too long.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Believe me or don't on 15:55 - Jan 3 with 4921 viewsNoBru

Believe me or don't on 15:51 - Jan 3 by SpruceMoose

Anyway, just because someone can afford to buy it, it doesn't mean they would plan on funding it to the level that some on here are expecting/dreaming of.

We can dream though right?
Believe me or don't on 15:55 - Jan 3 with 4913 viewsJ2BLUE

Believe me or don't on 15:32 - Jan 3 by BackToRussia

From what I'm told by the board intelligentsia, there is no possible way to sell a football club, no one will ever be interested in buying ITFC even if it were, and Marcus Evans will, by necessity, have to own us in perpetuity. So I remain sceptical of this one.

The point is actually that you can't sell something without a buyer.

The OP making things up (again) doesn't prove there is a buyer.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Believe me or don't on 15:56 - Jan 3 with 4908 viewsSpruceMoose

Believe me or don't on 15:55 - Jan 3 by NoBru

We can dream though right?

Dreaming only leads to heartbreak my friend.

My dreams were crushed under the weight of Paul Hurst's tiny size 4 foot.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Believe me or don't on 15:57 - Jan 3 with 4903 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Believe me or don't on 15:44 - Jan 3 by BLUEGOLD

But if you get better players who play better football and you are towards the top of the league attendances will rise as will turnover.

See Derby for an example of that where they are averaging about 10,000 more per game which is circa £300k per home game more than us and £7M over a season.

Yeah i agree but always investing money doesn't equate to better performances either. No guarantee. Also, Derby is much bigger than us as someone has already pointed out.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Believe me or don't on 16:01 - Jan 3 with 4876 viewsSpruceMoose

Believe me or don't on 15:57 - Jan 3 by JammyDodgerrr

Yeah i agree but always investing money doesn't equate to better performances either. No guarantee. Also, Derby is much bigger than us as someone has already pointed out.

Excuse me, I am not 'someone', I am Sprucemoose, the current favourite to win Poster of the Year.

Believe me or don't on 16:02 - Jan 3 with 4877 viewsjjblue84

After he put the feelers out last year, I’d be shocked if he wasn’t...hopefully not much longer now!
Login to get fewer ads

Believe me or don't on 16:02 - Jan 3 with 4877 viewsNoBru

Believe me or don't on 15:56 - Jan 3 by SpruceMoose

Dreaming only leads to heartbreak my friend.

My dreams were crushed under the weight of Paul Hurst's tiny size 4 foot.

Again you make a valid point, I can't see anything happening that could be more heartbreaking than our current situation though.
Believe me or don't on 16:04 - Jan 3 with 4857 viewsagentp

Believe me or don't on 16:02 - Jan 3 by NoBru

Again you make a valid point, I can't see anything happening that could be more heartbreaking than our current situation though.

I can remember Exeter City being taken over by Uri Geller lol. Careful

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Believe me or don't on 16:04 - Jan 3 with 4857 viewsblueconscience

Believe me or don't on 15:33 - Jan 3 by ArnieM

I don’t think he’s prepared to drop his asking price ( not sure what that is tbh) but he always said when / if Club was sold the debt will be written off.

Wonder if there’s any more in this Gadolphin rumour then?

The other thing is , would any new owner be able ( allowed ) to put more money in than Evans already is currently doing? I think he said in an interview that he is limited to what he can put into the Club by the FFP rules , ( we seem to be one of the few that adhere to it!)

Are they the FFP rules everyone else ignores?

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Believe me or don't on 16:09 - Jan 3 with 4836 viewsagentp

Believe me or don't on 16:04 - Jan 3 by blueconscience

Are they the FFP rules everyone else ignores?

You would be tempted to ignore them if you were a regular playoff/top 8 team with a huge budget but we are a long way from that.

Believe me or don't on 16:11 - Jan 3 with 4832 viewsBluedandy

One billion pounds would virtually guarantee within 4-5 years Premiership and Champions League football at a packed revamped Portman Road and there'd be silverware too ...

It's a very easy sell with the right power point presentation.

Amazed the world's super rich are not already biting ME's hand off.
Believe me or don't on 16:12 - Jan 3 with 4819 viewsrickw

It's good if he's in discussions to sell the club, hopefully the right deal will be found for everyone involved!

Discussions don't mean anything is close by a long way, it could just be Mike Ashley asking if Evans would take £1 for Ipswich! Anyway a new owner doesn't necessarily mean better - there are plenty worse owners than Evans...

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Believe me or don't on 16:14 - Jan 3 with 4797 viewsSpruceMoose

Believe me or don't on 16:11 - Jan 3 by Bluedandy

One billion pounds would virtually guarantee within 4-5 years Premiership and Champions League football at a packed revamped Portman Road and there'd be silverware too ...

It's a very easy sell with the right power point presentation.

Amazed the world's super rich are not already biting ME's hand off.

I'll have a check down the back of the sofa.

Believe me or don't on 16:16 - Jan 3 with 4791 viewsblueconscience

Believe me or don't on 16:14 - Jan 3 by SpruceMoose

Any luck?

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Believe me or don't on 16:21 - Jan 3 with 4781 viewsCoastalblue

I posted a while back with regard to something I was told at the start of the season, this is by no means def info though.

A family member who has no connection to Town but who is employed within football at a Prem club told me at a family event that he'd heard we were having talks across the summer with a possible new owner. He wouldn't say anything beyond that except to say that it was from the far east rather than the middle east.

He also suggested that this goes on all the time. He has worked with some people at Town in the past.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Believe me or don't on 16:22 - Jan 3 with 4762 viewsblueconscience

Believe me or don't on 16:14 - Jan 3 by SpruceMoose

Stop keeping us in suspense, Sprucemoose.

Did you find the billion pounds in your couch or not?

Believe me or don't on 16:27 - Jan 3 with 4747 viewsMaySixth

Believe me or don't on 15:52 - Jan 3 by J2BLUE

Is this as reliable as last time you posted def info from two very good sources?

I have a contact who was on the ITFC board some years ago and knows ME well.

ME is a big Chelsea fan (as is Milne) and when he wanted to buy a club he looked at Brighton, Southampton, Leeds and us.

He could only afford us.

Had an approach for the club in appx 2014 from a consortium which he turned down.

Will try and find out more info but contact now rather elusive.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Believe me or don't on 16:31 - Jan 3 with 4713 viewsSpruceMoose

Believe me or don't on 16:22 - Jan 3 by blueconscience

Stop keeping us in suspense, Sprucemoose.

Did you find the billion pounds in your couch or not?

I found a polo covered in dog hair and crumbs. That's it. Sorry folks.

Believe me or don't on 16:31 - Jan 3 with 4713 viewsblueconscience

Believe me or don't on 16:31 - Jan 3 by SpruceMoose

I found a polo covered in dog hair and crumbs. That's it. Sorry folks.

[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 16:32]

Believe me or don't on 16:33 - Jan 3 with 4705 viewsSpruceMoose

Believe me or don't on 16:21 - Jan 3 by Coastalblue

I posted a while back with regard to something I was told at the start of the season, this is by no means def info though.

A family member who has no connection to Town but who is employed within football at a Prem club told me at a family event that he'd heard we were having talks across the summer with a possible new owner. He wouldn't say anything beyond that except to say that it was from the far east rather than the middle east.

He also suggested that this goes on all the time. He has worked with some people at Town in the past.

Far East? You mean Lowestoft?

Believe me or don't on 18:49 - Jan 3 with 4581 viewsITFC_Forever

Believe me or don't on 16:33 - Jan 3 by SpruceMoose

Far East? You mean Lowestoft?

The tundra wastelands of Suffolk that are east of Woodbridge, where Phil lives.

Phil Ham is buying ITFC and giving all the players Audi’s and hobnobs.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Believe me or don't on 18:50 - Jan 3 with 4572 viewsSpruceMoose

Believe me or don't on 18:49 - Jan 3 by ITFC_Forever

The tundra wastelands of Suffolk that are east of Woodbridge, where Phil lives.

Phil Ham is buying ITFC and giving all the players Audi’s and hobnobs.

At least Rommers will be able to get hold of him directly to inform him that he wants him out of his club.

Believe me or don't on 18:55 - Jan 3 with 4561 viewsmrshallisfit

Believe me or don't on 15:38 - Jan 3 by davblue

it really does depend on who comes in, if it's some hot head who fires managers every half season, then not for me.

For all Evans' faults he gives managers time, sometimes too much!

No f##king good if 3 out 4 times you get the wrong man in in the first place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024