Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Huws news 08:31 - Jan 4 with 2188 viewsstewartm

Is big news, if Huws can get match fit and stay that way! well anything can happen with a few new signings on top. All is not over yet!

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

The Huws news on 08:33 - Jan 4 with 2168 viewsLimitlessBlue

<ignores league table and the fact we have only won twice all season>

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

The Huws news on 08:35 - Jan 4 with 2151 viewsstewartm

The Huws news on 08:33 - Jan 4 by LimitlessBlue

<ignores league table and the fact we have only won twice all season>

HMMMmmmmmmm

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

The Huws news on 08:40 - Jan 4 with 2125 viewsuefacup81

I'm just cautious of pinning all our hopes and aspirations on one player - especially as he's not played league football in over a year and is likely to be somewhat rusty.

Surely it's just setting him up for dogs' abuse when he doesn't score a hat-trick against Rotherham?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

The Huws news on 08:52 - Jan 4 with 2076 viewsDurovigutum

A midfield three of Skuse, Hues and Bishop with Trevor, Dozzell and Downed as deputies would make me happy.

A narly old pro up front with Jack and Sears alongside and Edwards, Jackson and Harrison as deputies looks good.

CCV and a right back that can defend plus Bart regaining his form and we look OK at the back.

We aren't far off, trouble is it's too late. Bolton and Reading are gone, we have to +1 Rotherham every match day from now until May to stay up, starting on the 12th.
The Huws news on 08:55 - Jan 4 with 2055 viewsTown_Blue17

He's not actually that good is he plus he will be injured again soon.

Calm down!
The Huws news on 08:57 - Jan 4 with 2039 viewsunstableblue

Whilst I’d agree we are not yet relegated and need to remain positive -
Albeit I’m not sure who the third team is we can catch given Millwall and Rotherham form.

Placing any emphasis on Huws as a game changer is a tad optimistic - whilst I think he’s a great player - I do worry the pace of a real game will challenge his knee issue.

Hope I’m wrong.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The Huws news on 08:59 - Jan 4 with 2030 viewsRadlett_blue

The Huws news on 08:52 - Jan 4 by Durovigutum

A midfield three of Skuse, Hues and Bishop with Trevor, Dozzell and Downed as deputies would make me happy.

A narly old pro up front with Jack and Sears alongside and Edwards, Jackson and Harrison as deputies looks good.

CCV and a right back that can defend plus Bart regaining his form and we look OK at the back.

We aren't far off, trouble is it's too late. Bolton and Reading are gone, we have to +1 Rotherham every match day from now until May to stay up, starting on the 12th.

Very good post until your final sentence.
"Bolton & Reading are gone" - they have 7 & 5 points more than us & their recent results haven't been any worse than ours.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The Huws news on 09:00 - Jan 4 with 2019 viewsKeaneish

Huws will break down again before long. He’s just one of those players unfortunately.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

The Huws news on 09:09 - Jan 4 with 1968 viewsHerbivore

The Huws news on 08:57 - Jan 4 by unstableblue

Whilst I’d agree we are not yet relegated and need to remain positive -
Albeit I’m not sure who the third team is we can catch given Millwall and Rotherham form.

Placing any emphasis on Huws as a game changer is a tad optimistic - whilst I think he’s a great player - I do worry the pace of a real game will challenge his knee issue.

Hope I’m wrong.

Aside from their win at the weekend Rotherham's form is awful. But even leaving them out of it, Wigan are dropping like a stone and are the poorest side I've seen at PR that's not Ipswich all season. The one glimmer of hope for us is that I make 4 other sides similarly bad to us, but we're going to need to be better than them by 10+ points to get out of it and that's the bit that worries me. If we don't beat Rotherham I think we're done.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Huws news on 11:00 - Jan 4 with 1740 viewsJammyDodgerrr

The Huws news on 09:09 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

Aside from their win at the weekend Rotherham's form is awful. But even leaving them out of it, Wigan are dropping like a stone and are the poorest side I've seen at PR that's not Ipswich all season. The one glimmer of hope for us is that I make 4 other sides similarly bad to us, but we're going to need to be better than them by 10+ points to get out of it and that's the bit that worries me. If we don't beat Rotherham I think we're done.

Yeah, Wigan seem in real trouble and will likely just continue to fall.

We absolutely have to beat Rotherham. Any other result and it's over.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

The Huws news on 11:05 - Jan 4 with 1713 viewsArnieM

I’m not holding my breath over Huws. He was a sick note at Cardiff and was off loaded into us( mugs that we are), and he’s been a sick note ever since he arrived here. Leopard and spots springs to mind , sadly for us!
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 11:07]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The Huws news on 11:21 - Jan 4 with 1657 viewsBogblue

The Huws news on 09:09 - Jan 4 by Herbivore

the poorest side I've seen at PR that's not Ipswich all season

wow, sign of the very sad times
The Huws news on 11:25 - Jan 4 with 1637 viewsDarth_Koont

The Huws news on 08:40 - Jan 4 by uefacup81

I'm just cautious of pinning all our hopes and aspirations on one player - especially as he's not played league football in over a year and is likely to be somewhat rusty.

Surely it's just setting him up for dogs' abuse when he doesn't score a hat-trick against Rotherham?

Well, there's also Keane further ahead. We've been crying out for extra quality and better ball retention further up the pitch. So the two of them coming in fills a gap.

Not forgetting Bishop also back and covering that area too.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Huws news on 11:25 - Jan 4 with 1634 viewsHerbivore

The Huws news on 11:05 - Jan 4 by ArnieM

I’m not holding my breath over Huws. He was a sick note at Cardiff and was off loaded into us( mugs that we are), and he’s been a sick note ever since he arrived here. Leopard and spots springs to mind , sadly for us!
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 11:07]

You have a very cynical and unempathic view of people.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024