Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth 14:25 - Jan 5 with 1406 viewsHarry_Palmer

Looks like they have decided the FA cup is not of interest to them again this season, nine changes from their last PL game and a tame home defeat.

They are in no danger of going down so why on earth would the FA cup not be a priority at this stage? I just don' t get it.
Bournemouth on 14:29 - Jan 5 with 1371 viewsCoco

Still no game for Mings!

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Bournemouth on 14:31 - Jan 5 with 1366 viewsParisBlue

I just don't get it. Every premier league team has a real chance of winning the competition, giving their supporters fantastic memories and being remembered in history #1978

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Bournemouth on 14:31 - Jan 5 with 1362 viewsPecker

Daft really. Would have thought a cup run would suit them. Big mistake I think.
Bournemouth on 14:50 - Jan 5 with 1296 viewsagentp

Bournemouth on 14:31 - Jan 5 by Pecker

Daft really. Would have thought a cup run would suit them. Big mistake I think.

And sad... sad that a team like Bournemouth feels the (argubly) best cup competition in the world is of no interest to them.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Bournemouth on 15:01 - Jan 5 with 1246 viewsPendejo

Bournemouth on 14:31 - Jan 5 by ParisBlue

I just don't get it. Every premier league team has a real chance of winning the competition, giving their supporters fantastic memories and being remembered in history #1978

https://www.topendsports.com/events/soccer/fa-cup/winners.htm

Wigan 2013, Portsmouth 2008, Wimbledon 1988, Coventry 1987, West Ham 1980 & 1975, Ipswich 1978, Southampton in 1976 & Sunderland 1973

9 "little" or "smaller" clubs in the last 45 years have won the FA Cup, the rest of them have been won by:-
Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton*, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Spurs*
* I dare say the fans of these cubs remember their wins fondly as it is much more recent than a League Championship win.

In fact I'd say the fans of Palace, Villa & Hull remember their Cup Final defeats with more pride than the "Magnificent 7" above.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Bournemouth on 15:08 - Jan 5 with 1226 viewsWD19

Ridiculous and unnecessary. Some Johnny at the F.A. should write to Eddie Howe and tell him that if there is ever a repeat he will be considered inelligible for any future role with the organisation.
Bournemouth on 15:26 - Jan 5 with 1173 viewsBlueBadger

Because the FA have allowed Premier League clubs to devalue the competition. And have actively taken steps to accomodate that. The ultimate prize for winning the FA cup should be a champions league place.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bournemouth on 15:29 - Jan 5 with 1159 viewsclive_baker

They've been guff lately to be fair. Shipped 15 goals in their last 4 matches. Maybe EH thought their best chance of winning was to shake it up a bit.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth on 16:25 - Jan 5 with 1043 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bournemouth on 15:26 - Jan 5 by BlueBadger

Because the FA have allowed Premier League clubs to devalue the competition. And have actively taken steps to accomodate that. The ultimate prize for winning the FA cup should be a champions league place.

I think the FA are doing a pretty good job of devaluing it themselves, pandering to the TV companies and the Premier League. Only 10 fixtures being played this afternoon out of about 30 or more in the round. Moving it from the last fixture of the season, moving semi-finals to Wemburley, etc. Can't blame the clubs if they don't want to worry with it (even though I think they should take it seriously).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024