Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are there some problems in Venezuela? 20:52 - Jan 23 with 22750 viewsBloomBlue

A lot of protesting going on and Trump has said today he recognises Venezuelan opposition leader Juan Guaido as interim president?
Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 22:52 - Jan 28 with 4602 viewsBluesquid

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 21:29 - Jan 28 by StokieBlue

You've quoted the one article that I already said was the single source for the claim which was later not found to have substance in an investigation.

The thing is I already said he wasn't a good choice, I agreed on that. I just said the tweet was unhelpful with its language with little evidence I could see. You've only been able to provide the same single source so surely my comment on the tweet was correct?

SB
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 21:48]

What investigation was that then?
Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 22:57 - Jan 28 with 4593 viewsSwansea_Blue

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 09:01 - Jan 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

Poor....stick pretty much any 'ism' you like in there!

Jism? As far as I'm aware genocide hasn't been conducted through excessive mastubation.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 23:23 - Jan 28 with 4573 viewsStokieBlue

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 22:52 - Jan 28 by Bluesquid

What investigation was that then?

The subsequent investigation by the New York Times. I am not fully up on the case by any means but a quick check shows the only source for the accusation to be your one article and that a freedom of information request by the NYT showed no evidence of this claim.

None of this is that relevant though is it? I've agreed it is a bad appointment, the issue is the language of the tweet and the evidence behind it (which you haven't been able to provide). I just think tweets like that don't help anything.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 23:38 - Jan 28 with 4566 viewscaught-in-limbo

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 19:07 - Jan 28 by Bluesquid

Yeah i've heard alot about that book and saw that Bankster also mentioned it a few posts back.

I'll have to pick a copy, thanks for the recommendation.

"Confessions of an economic hitman" is also enlightening for those who want to understand the economic collapse of so many South and Central American countries over the last 50 to 60 years

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 23:52 - Jan 28 with 4557 viewsBluesquid

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 23:23 - Jan 28 by StokieBlue

The subsequent investigation by the New York Times. I am not fully up on the case by any means but a quick check shows the only source for the accusation to be your one article and that a freedom of information request by the NYT showed no evidence of this claim.

None of this is that relevant though is it? I've agreed it is a bad appointment, the issue is the language of the tweet and the evidence behind it (which you haven't been able to provide). I just think tweets like that don't help anything.

SB

Well if the NYT article is correct then it certainly doesn't look good for The Guardian then does it?

Don't know who to believe and in this case Jill Stein seems to have gone for The Guardian.
Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 23:57 - Jan 28 with 4554 viewsBluesquid

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 23:38 - Jan 28 by caught-in-limbo

"Confessions of an economic hitman" is also enlightening for those who want to understand the economic collapse of so many South and Central American countries over the last 50 to 60 years

Thanks, will check it out.

But of course you do realize that was 50 to 60 years ago, that sort of stuff doesn't happen today.
Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 00:32 - Jan 29 with 4546 viewscaught-in-limbo

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 23:57 - Jan 28 by Bluesquid

Thanks, will check it out.

But of course you do realize that was 50 to 60 years ago, that sort of stuff doesn't happen today.

There's a more up-to-date version of the book too, but the fact that it focuses primarily on the US any right-minded individual will be able to dismiss it all as lazy.

#toxic

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 11:59 - Jan 29 with 4328 viewsNo9

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 00:32 - Jan 29 by caught-in-limbo

There's a more up-to-date version of the book too, but the fact that it focuses primarily on the US any right-minded individual will be able to dismiss it all as lazy.

& isn't the news ths morning that US Sec Bolton let slip a memo that says America are going to deploy 5k troops to Columbia?
Login to get fewer ads

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 13:26 - Jan 29 with 4315 viewsblueislander

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 11:59 - Jan 29 by No9

& isn't the news ths morning that US Sec Bolton let slip a memo that says America are going to deploy 5k troops to Columbia?

Isn't that because the Colombian government has asked for them to help to control their border with Venezuela?
Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 13:30 - Jan 29 with 4312 viewsNo9

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 13:26 - Jan 29 by blueislander

Isn't that because the Colombian government has asked for them to help to control their border with Venezuela?

Not from what I heard Mr Bolton say
Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 14:52 - Jan 29 with 4298 viewsBluesquid

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 13:30 - Jan 29 by No9

Not from what I heard Mr Bolton say

Ahhh Mr Bolton...

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 17:29 - Jan 29 with 4271 viewscaught-in-limbo

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 14:52 - Jan 29 by Bluesquid

Ahhh Mr Bolton...

Yeah, but all those comments (especially that last one at 1:11 - 1:29) by Bolton mean nothing because you have provided evidence of their existence in the form of a YouTube video.

Sorry Squid

#toxic

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 17:42 - Jan 29 with 4261 viewslowhouseblue

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 17:29 - Jan 29 by caught-in-limbo

Yeah, but all those comments (especially that last one at 1:11 - 1:29) by Bolton mean nothing because you have provided evidence of their existence in the form of a YouTube video.

Sorry Squid

your hatred of the us does cause you to be consistently on the side of some right wrong 'uns.

the issue with selective video clips, opinion pieces or cobbled together collections of hearsay is that no sensible person would treat them as reliable evidence. i'm certain there's some good stuff on youtube, but you relentlessly hunt down the nutty propaganda stuff.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 17:52 - Jan 29 with 4250 viewsBluesquid

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 17:42 - Jan 29 by lowhouseblue

your hatred of the us does cause you to be consistently on the side of some right wrong 'uns.

the issue with selective video clips, opinion pieces or cobbled together collections of hearsay is that no sensible person would treat them as reliable evidence. i'm certain there's some good stuff on youtube, but you relentlessly hunt down the nutty propaganda stuff.

I don't hate the US at all but i dislike the repeat offenders that have already caused so much suffering and destruction in the world already.

John Bolton was one of the chief architects of the illegal Iraq war or is that nutty propaganda stuff?
Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 17:57 - Jan 29 with 4244 viewslowhouseblue

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 17:52 - Jan 29 by Bluesquid

I don't hate the US at all but i dislike the repeat offenders that have already caused so much suffering and destruction in the world already.

John Bolton was one of the chief architects of the illegal Iraq war or is that nutty propaganda stuff?

but what are your views on the regime of Nicolás Maduro?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 18:01 - Jan 29 with 4238 viewsNo9

Do you believe the USA should intervene in Venezuela to get regime change?
Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 18:10 - Jan 29 with 4232 viewslowhouseblue

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 18:01 - Jan 29 by No9

Do you believe the USA should intervene in Venezuela to get regime change?

if you mean the sanctions, then, given that they are supported by Guaidó, yes.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 18:10]

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 18:19 - Jan 29 with 4222 viewsBluesquid

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 17:57 - Jan 29 by lowhouseblue

but what are your views on the regime of Nicolás Maduro?

lol, Glassers has taught you well hasn't he?

'Evasive maneuvering for dummies'
Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 18:23 - Jan 29 with 4214 viewslowhouseblue

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 18:19 - Jan 29 by Bluesquid

lol, Glassers has taught you well hasn't he?

'Evasive maneuvering for dummies'

ah, i see, you're interested in this because it involves the us, not because of the humanitarian and human rights crisis in venezuela. ok then.

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 18:27 - Jan 29 with 4209 viewsBluesquid

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 18:23 - Jan 29 by lowhouseblue

ah, i see, you're interested in this because it involves the us, not because of the humanitarian and human rights crisis in venezuela. ok then.

No, i asked you a question and you pulled an evasive maneuver.
Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 19:04 - Jan 29 with 4190 viewsNo9

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 18:10 - Jan 29 by lowhouseblue

I asked about regime change not sanctions
Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 19:16 - Jan 29 with 4181 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 13:26 - Jan 29 by blueislander

'Asked'......lol!
Like when the school bully asks you to do their homework?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 19:18 - Jan 29 with 4179 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 18:10 - Jan 29 by lowhouseblue

You misspelled Guido.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 22:14 - Jan 29 with 4138 viewscaught-in-limbo

I don't hate the US. I really don't hate anyone. Furthermore, I don't view geopolitics through the same "them or us" lens as you appear to. I don't go with the idea of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". I think things are far more nuanced than the polarised good guy / bad guy view you espouse.

Your comments about youtube videos have always been overly simplistic. But you know that. Like I've said before, you're very good at what you do. Sniping, sneering and swerving.

Keep up the good work.

#toxic

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 23:02 - Jan 29 with 4123 viewslowhouseblue

Are there some problems in Venezuela? on 22:14 - Jan 29 by caught-in-limbo

I don't hate the US. I really don't hate anyone. Furthermore, I don't view geopolitics through the same "them or us" lens as you appear to. I don't go with the idea of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". I think things are far more nuanced than the polarised good guy / bad guy view you espouse.

Your comments about youtube videos have always been overly simplistic. But you know that. Like I've said before, you're very good at what you do. Sniping, sneering and swerving.

Keep up the good work.

it's ok, i've seen enough of your work now to accurately characterise your world view - us and its allies bad, everyone else good. and you end up on the side of regimes like maduro's (not too directly, of course, but by omission and as a default.) that's fine, i can never be bothered with russia today and the like so it's great to know where to come for a quick synopsis.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024