Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenlock 10:44 - Feb 3 with 6674 viewsgrimboy

Got well and truely done yesterday I don’t think he can cut it.
Kenlock on 09:18 - Feb 4 with 942 viewsagentp

Kenlock on 09:12 - Feb 4 by JammyDodgerrr

Kenlock has never shown he is a competent championship left back and some people(like with Doz) are probably pushing him up because he's from our academy. He's decent, but when people were calling for Knudsens head and wanting Kenlock instead, it was baffling.

For now, i think we just need to bury the Knudsen hatchet and get him in the team. Best LB by a mile, and i don't care if he leaves in the summer as long as he helps us stay up.

That is just about it. Using Kenlock as a stick to beat Jonas is exactly the sort of needless pressure we should be putting on our young players. Poor show.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Kenlock on 09:20 - Feb 4 with 940 viewsElderGrizzly

Kenlock on 08:20 - Feb 4 by itfcjoe

He's ok to fill in every now and again, but there is no way he should be starting regularly in this league.

He's decent enough on the ball, but generally always ends up cutting inside which is exactly what the other team want you to as closes off half the pitch; and hi defending is too weak. As evidenced vs Millwall and again on Saturday.

I saw Jonas Knudsen in Tesco yesterday, so he's obviously still here even if not available for selection - but he is far superior to both Kenlock and Elder and a mistake has been made.

I'd give Elder a run in the team, I've seen enough from Kenlock

Completely agree. Lambert has made a mistake and from what i’ve seen so far is too ‘proud’ to admit it and bring him back. If we are going to exclude everyone who won’t be here next season, we’ll struggle to get a match day squad together.

Knudsen supported Mick though and isn’t one of our own, so he should be burnt at the stake or something like that.
Kenlock on 10:29 - Feb 4 with 896 viewsNo9

Kenlock on 12:43 - Feb 3 by Luggworm

Nothing to do with the 2 central defenders who left a man completely free on the 6 yard line while marking no one.

Central Midfield is appalling
Kenlock on 11:32 - Feb 4 with 878 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Kenlock on 09:20 - Feb 4 by ElderGrizzly

Completely agree. Lambert has made a mistake and from what i’ve seen so far is too ‘proud’ to admit it and bring him back. If we are going to exclude everyone who won’t be here next season, we’ll struggle to get a match day squad together.

Knudsen supported Mick though and isn’t one of our own, so he should be burnt at the stake or something like that.

Personally, for me excluding Knudsen this month and signing a new left back in anticipation of Knudsen leaving was not a mistake. I fully expected him to leave and(for once!) we had an actual succession plan in place.

The mistake now would be not bringing him back in for the Norwich game and the rest of the season, like you say.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Kenlock on 11:32 - Feb 4 with 878 viewsWickets

Kenlock on 07:13 - Feb 4 by SomethingBlue

It's almost as if Knudsen is our best left-back by an absolute street.

Well yes , i don't doubt that everyone at the club knows this but its hard to play a player who's head is up his bottom . Maybe PL can get him right for Sunday ? or i suspect we will not see him in a Town shirt again. Bloody World Cup's Ehh
Kenlock on 12:59 - Feb 4 with 861 viewsagentp

Kenlock on 11:32 - Feb 4 by Wickets

Well yes , i don't doubt that everyone at the club knows this but its hard to play a player who's head is up his bottom . Maybe PL can get him right for Sunday ? or i suspect we will not see him in a Town shirt again. Bloody World Cup's Ehh

Head up his bottom?

Or perhaps he just hasn't been offered a new deal; both he and Lambert said this, and his agent tried to secure his client something; it's his job, in this window. Just like pretty much anyone else in any walk of life would do.

There always has to be this great suspicion of Drama and deceit over each and every fairly simple development.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Kenlock on 13:01 - Feb 4 with 855 viewsHarryWright

Kenlock on 11:01 - Feb 3 by GluedtoBlue

And that's why 3 managers have picked Knudsen in spite of the expert fans.

He's our best left back...by a distance as well. Not as easy to replace as some people claim.

What an embarrassing comment, Kenlock makes one mistake and Knudsens the messiah again? Knudsen has made numerous mistakes. He's been picked by three managers two of which were/are managing the worst Ipswich town side of all time.
Kenlock on 13:07 - Feb 4 with 840 viewsnodge_blue

hes not good enough sadly.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Login to get fewer ads

Kenlock on 13:26 - Feb 4 with 820 viewstractorshark

Kenlock on 09:12 - Feb 4 by JammyDodgerrr

Kenlock has never shown he is a competent championship left back and some people(like with Doz) are probably pushing him up because he's from our academy. He's decent, but when people were calling for Knudsens head and wanting Kenlock instead, it was baffling.

For now, i think we just need to bury the Knudsen hatchet and get him in the team. Best LB by a mile, and i don't care if he leaves in the summer as long as he helps us stay up.

Well said...
Knudsen is not perfect and will leave but he is comfortably our best left-back.
In my opinion, Kenlock will never be Championship quality. He’s not quick enough, not physical enough and, crucially, switches off too frequently.
Harsh, yes. But he’s had chances to show what he can do and hasn’t shown enough.
You can argue those chances have been limited but maybe that’s because our managers share a similar belief to mine.
He’s 22 now, not 18. He should have progressed far more. He’ll do a job in League One but he’s back-up at best in the Championship.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024