Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to Tory Britain... 10:08 - Feb 4 with 5564 viewsSitfcB

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/weighing-six-stone-barely-ab

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 11:23 - Feb 4 with 1706 viewsjeera

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 10:51 - Feb 4 by Steve_M

It's almost as if the real objective is to force the spending down and not think too hard about the consequences. See also every other aspect of government policy since 2010.

This is precisely what it is and people need to get past this attitude that it's designed to catch out false claimants. That may have been the beginning but that has not been the agenda for a long time.

You can look online and find an absurd amount of cases where people have obviously been deliberately misrepresented.

There are people with no legs, people with cancer, people who simply cannot realistically add value to the economy who are being victimised all the time.

Genuine claimants are terrified to go outside of their own doors in case someone sees them and believes they are falsely claiming. No one considers that they only see them on a 'good' day and will not know about the weeks on end they may spend in bed unwell etc. How dare an ill person try to do something normal once in a while etc.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 11:24 - Feb 4 with 1704 viewsjeera

on 11:19 - Feb 4 by _

That's true too.

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 11:25 - Feb 4 with 1708 viewslowhouseblue

in the end benefit systems have to make incredibly difficult decisions. but they have to do so humanely otherwise they won't be publicly supported. always relying so much on the appeal system to bring in that element of humanity is wrong.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 11:26 - Feb 4 with 1691 viewsNo9

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 11:25 - Feb 4 by lowhouseblue

in the end benefit systems have to make incredibly difficult decisions. but they have to do so humanely otherwise they won't be publicly supported. always relying so much on the appeal system to bring in that element of humanity is wrong.

& yet the tories, since 2010 have subcontracted much of the decison making process to the 'Private Sector' on a save money / reward basis
Welcome to Tory Britain... on 11:36 - Feb 4 with 1638 viewsjjblue84

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 11:02 - Feb 4 by Guthrum

I don't mean to get all heavy jj, but it does make me savage when people talk about "efficiency" like it's a magic wand which suddenly makes everything 10% cheaper.

Savings have to come from somewhere.

If you cut staff numbers, then the levels of service fall, efficiency is reduced, or both. If you cut down on expensive drugs, people die. If you centralise services then the nearest care ends up being ten or twenty miles away and overcrowded.

To reduce administration, you have to cut the reporting workload (no stats), cut down on the number of individual Trusts, centralise purchasing. This will inevitably lead to significant numbers of people losing their jobs.

Oh please do! I love the way you pretend that the welfare state is an amazingly efficient system, that spends money on exactly all the right things, and it just needs more money to improve! Is this why you get so ‘savage’ when someone tell you it isn’t??
Welcome to Tory Britain... on 11:38 - Feb 4 with 1645 viewsNo9

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 10:51 - Feb 4 by Steve_M

It's almost as if the real objective is to force the spending down and not think too hard about the consequences. See also every other aspect of government policy since 2010.

Indeed
Welcome to Tory Britain... on 11:43 - Feb 4 with 1627 viewsCoachRob

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 11:11 - Feb 4 by jeera

No one, literally no one should reply to that poster, ever.

He posts rubbish on every subject in a deliberate effort to derail the threads and his only intent is to be a nuisance.

A ridiculous troll who should have been banned ages ago.

Glad you have self-appointed yourself a moderator.

I was making the point that when the government spends money it ends up in the private sector and benefits all of us. So if you don't agree with sectoral balances approach then say so rather than asking for people to be banned.
Welcome to Tory Britain... on 11:46 - Feb 4 with 1615 viewsDarth_Koont

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 11:43 - Feb 4 by CoachRob

I was making the point that when the government spends money it ends up in the private sector and benefits all of us. So if you don't agree with sectoral balances approach then say so rather than asking for people to be banned.

No, I think jeera's spot on with this poster.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 11:46 - Feb 4 with 1606 viewsjeera

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 11:43 - Feb 4 by CoachRob

Good grief Rob.

You think I've plucked that out of thin air or it was some dig at you?

Blimey.

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 12:01 - Feb 4 with 1571 viewsRyorry

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 11:05 - Feb 4 by Guthrum

I'd have said since about 1979. But the present lot have no excuse, plenty of time to try making things better.

I said on another platform this morning that the tories are artless, clueless and uncaring - except when it comes to swelling their personal bank accounts by bigging up and voting for their vested interests (google fracking + vested interests together for just one example).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 12:03 - Feb 4 with 1568 viewsCoachRob

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 11:46 - Feb 4 by jeera

Good grief Rob.

You think I've plucked that out of thin air or it was some dig at you?

Blimey.

Sorry Jeera having a bad morning
Welcome to Tory Britain... on 12:04 - Feb 4 with 1557 viewsjeera

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 12:03 - Feb 4 by CoachRob

Sorry Jeera having a bad morning

Hope it improves!

x

Edit: And you're right anyway. It's not my place to tell others who they should or shouldn't interact with.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 12:17]

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 12:16 - Feb 4 with 1537 viewsGuthrum

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 11:36 - Feb 4 by jjblue84

Oh please do! I love the way you pretend that the welfare state is an amazingly efficient system, that spends money on exactly all the right things, and it just needs more money to improve! Is this why you get so ‘savage’ when someone tell you it isn’t??

You haven't yet said where these inefficiencies are or what you would do to put them right (rather than just cutting budgets and hoping it works itself out).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 12:22 - Feb 4 with 1521 viewsOxford_Blue

Why is the fault of the Tory party as opposed to the decision by someone misapplying policy in the DWP?
Welcome to Tory Britain... on 12:33 - Feb 4 with 1487 viewsBlueBadger

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 12:22 - Feb 4 by Oxford_Blue

Why is the fault of the Tory party as opposed to the decision by someone misapplying policy in the DWP?

Because Tory party policy is that the DWP be as hostile and unhelpful as possible to claimants. And is also insisting on farming out of services to providers incentivised to ensure that this happens?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 12:39 - Feb 4 with 1469 viewsRyorry

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 12:33 - Feb 4 by BlueBadger

Because Tory party policy is that the DWP be as hostile and unhelpful as possible to claimants. And is also insisting on farming out of services to providers incentivised to ensure that this happens?

I wish some TV channel would do another of those "swap places" series, or another series of "Living with the Enemy" which was on BBC2 about a decade ago -

https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/3d17b4d4750b411b84eba28802739dc2

I'd have IDS, JRM, TM etc living with people like the guy Sitters featured in his OP.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 12:57 - Feb 4 with 1446 viewsBlueBadger

Welcome to Tory Britain... on 12:39 - Feb 4 by Ryorry

I wish some TV channel would do another of those "swap places" series, or another series of "Living with the Enemy" which was on BBC2 about a decade ago -

https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/3d17b4d4750b411b84eba28802739dc2

I'd have IDS, JRM, TM etc living with people like the guy Sitters featured in his OP.

I tell you what though, it's quite impressive that this thread has been up three hours and only one right wing loon has tried to defend it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024