Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Soulless 08:35 - Feb 6 with 3325 viewsleft_foot

I went to the West Ham game on Monday night, it's a real shame how that club has lost its soul with the stadium move. Match day feels very touristy compared to the great atmosphere at Upton Park. I know we are having a season to forget and dare I say things might get worse, but we should be grateful that we still have the heartbeat of our club and everything which makes Ipswich great.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 8:39]
Soulless on 09:13 - Feb 6 with 3226 viewsSlambo

Absolutely. And the fact it was essentially a gift from the British taxpayer really, really sticks in the craw...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Soulless on 09:13 - Feb 6 with 3228 viewsArnieM

Problem is as with all these clubs that move to new state of the art bigger grounds, it’s about MINEY for the owners. Bums on seats , capacity , income etc. Its not about the supports or how they feel or traditions and empathy and sense of belonging. That by and large has gone from football today which is now solely fixated on a fast buck.

Coming full circle , this is why I like Paul Lambert so much . He “ gets it “ from s gas perspective. Some may now begin. To question his comments . Accusing him of talking the talk etc. But what’s wrong with some positivity around our Club? Weve had enough negativity at ITFC to last x life time. Don’t judge Lambert until he’s had s chance to build HIS squad using the youngsters and clearing out the loanees ( which is what he fully intends to do) . At present , his use of loanees is a needs must approach as he tries to salvage this Club from the “ Hurst effect” .

Anyway I digress. But I hold you get my point.

COYBss

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Soulless on 09:14 - Feb 6 with 3223 viewsmr_bean

Excellent news.

I've never liked West Ham's "soul". A truly horrible club.
Soulless on 10:15 - Feb 6 with 3158 viewsclive_baker

Absolutely. I love the fact we're a 1 club town with an imposing and historic stadium in the centre, visible as soon as you step off the train. We've got a proud history of punching above our weight, a small market town not only proving themselves the best in the country, but also in Europe. England managers, England captains, silverware and a family club at the heart of its community. League positions will come and go, but we should be grateful for all of what ITFC represents and the passion from the stands should never die. I've accepted relegation, nothing now would make me prouder than watching some affordable football next season, competitive in the division and challenging for promotion under a manager who is clearly aware of the task at hand, bringing through 5 or 6 academy graduates into the first XI in the process. I'm confident it could be quite a journey under Lambert from August onwards. COYB.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

on 10:22 - Feb 6 with 3135 views_

Soulless on 10:39 - Feb 6 with 3082 viewsBenters2

on 10:22 - Feb 6 by _

So do I hate the arseholes.
Soulless on 11:04 - Feb 6 with 3042 viewsTractorCam

I was there too, truly awful atmosphere. Just the odd rendition of blowing bubbles every 20 minutes then silence again. And like you say very touristy (myself included in this case).

I hate West Ham but it is sad to see the difference between Upton Park and that place, hopefully that never happens with us.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Soulless on 12:29 - Feb 6 with 2946 viewsArnieM

Soulless on 10:39 - Feb 6 by Benters2

So do I hate the arseholes.

Thing is WHU used to be considered our derby match years ago . Scum were nowhere in sight in those days , being a division or two below us.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Soulless on 12:33 - Feb 6 with 2943 viewsReuser_is_God

on 10:22 - Feb 6 by _

I don't understand this whole 'I hate *insert team* more than Norwich' garbage.

I saw on Twitter someone say 'can they both lose?' regarding Leeds Norwich at the weekend. No, Leeds can stuff them 5 fcuking nil.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Soulless on 12:35 - Feb 6 with 2931 viewsCoastalblue

Most of my family are Hammers including my late Father so I do have a slight soft spot for them which I never let anybody that knows me see.

Everything about that ground move was horrible, from the tax payer's contribution, to the soul less bowl they now play in right through to the destruction of small businesses and a culture around the old Boleyn ground.

Despite the differences on the pitch, which are huge now, I do feel a little sorry for them and I'd rather be in our position than theirs.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Soulless on 12:38 - Feb 6 with 2913 viewsKieran_Knows

Soulless on 10:15 - Feb 6 by clive_baker

Absolutely. I love the fact we're a 1 club town with an imposing and historic stadium in the centre, visible as soon as you step off the train. We've got a proud history of punching above our weight, a small market town not only proving themselves the best in the country, but also in Europe. England managers, England captains, silverware and a family club at the heart of its community. League positions will come and go, but we should be grateful for all of what ITFC represents and the passion from the stands should never die. I've accepted relegation, nothing now would make me prouder than watching some affordable football next season, competitive in the division and challenging for promotion under a manager who is clearly aware of the task at hand, bringing through 5 or 6 academy graduates into the first XI in the process. I'm confident it could be quite a journey under Lambert from August onwards. COYB.

This.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Soulless on 12:41 - Feb 6 with 2899 viewsleft_foot

Soulless on 12:35 - Feb 6 by Coastalblue

Most of my family are Hammers including my late Father so I do have a slight soft spot for them which I never let anybody that knows me see.

Everything about that ground move was horrible, from the tax payer's contribution, to the soul less bowl they now play in right through to the destruction of small businesses and a culture around the old Boleyn ground.

Despite the differences on the pitch, which are huge now, I do feel a little sorry for them and I'd rather be in our position than theirs.

Exactly!

Sitting there on Monday night was the first time in months it felt good to be a town fan. Gave me a bit of perspective.
Soulless on 16:07 - Feb 6 with 2695 viewseddiespearitt03

What was a vibrant "Green Street" hustle and bustle match day at Upton Park is now a road where the shop traders, pubs,cafes and market stalls have lost much of their custom. The former olympic stadium should of been the new national ground ,the new "Wembley Stadium" with a new supporters tube station right outside it.

The old Wembley Stadium should of been replaced with some high rise apartments . Westham FC should of stayed put where it was. .
Soulless on 16:16 - Feb 6 with 2676 viewsBenters2

Soulless on 12:35 - Feb 6 by Coastalblue

You feel sorry for them? I don’t I’d love to see them fail.

It could have been so different if we had won that play off game.
Soulless on 17:56 - Feb 6 with 2570 viewsfloridablue

Soulless on 16:16 - Feb 6 by Benters2

You feel sorry for them? I don’t I’d love to see them fail.

It could have been so different if we had won that play off game.

My dislike goes back even further, to the 75 semi finals. Upton Park is by far the London stadium I've been to the most at a guess more than 30 times. Second time was with my local boys team end of season treat to see Man Utd thrash the Hammers 6-1 to clinch the title way back in time.
Soulless on 09:43 - Feb 7 with 2229 viewstpsontour

I was at West Ham-Liverpool too. All true about the soulless, touristy atmosphere and you are watching from a long way back behind what was a running track. The alternative argument, of course, is that West Ham now have (by the p*rn barons and Karren Brady taking advantage of the taxpayer) a sold-out 60,000 stadium and the seventh highest aggregate attendance in Europe, ahead of the likes of Liverpool. That revenue and the Premier League TV cash allows them to spend £40 million on Felipe Anderson. West Ham fans get to watch Anderson and top opposition talent like Mo Salah each week while we will be hosting Fleetwood in front of less than 10,000 next season, so I wouldn't feel so sorry for their supporters, who are clearly not voting with their feet.
Soulless on 10:10 - Feb 7 with 2205 viewsChampionship

They are so far from the pitch. I would hate it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024