Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... 07:52 - Feb 16 with 3085 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Given the performances against Norwich and Derby, we’ve certainly stepped it up a gear and look to be in the game for a longer period. More fight, higher tempo in our pressing/passing and a formation suiting more players.

Stoke, Wigan and Reading. All 3 are winnable to me. Winning them is another story but I certainly feel quietly confident that we might get 7 points as a minimum here.

I like the midfield diamond a lot. Suits personnel and in particular suits Alan Judge who pops up everywhere. Bishop looks to be excelling in the system too. Chalobah in the deeper role I liked a lot on Wednesday, I hope he stays there today.

For me, I’d like up like this: Bialkowski; Bree, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen/Kenlock; Chalobah, Bishop, Nolan, Judge; Keane, Quaner - 4-4-2 diamond.

If Chambers is fit, he plays. If Collins is fit, he should play too. If Skuse is fit, he shouldn’t come back in to the midfield given the performance Wednesday night, but he can certainly tighten the game up if we need to get a foothold of the midfield again. Nolan for Downes is more a positive change - I think Downes struggled Wednesday will illness anyway?
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 7:53]

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 08:16 - Feb 16 with 3040 viewschristiand

Not confident, but more optimistic!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 08:34 - Feb 16 with 3011 viewsHerbivore

Whilst the two performances have been better we've still shipped 4 goals and only scored 1. Regardless of opposition we need to be sharper around both boxes to get some wins. If we can do that then it won't just be these 3 fixtures that are winnable, we'll go into every game with a chance of getting something. It's a big if though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 09:38 - Feb 16 with 2942 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 08:16 - Feb 16 by christiand

These are 3 opponents who I’d want to face right now. All 3 just hanging on but on the way down the league. Big opportunity starting today!

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 10:09 - Feb 16 with 2897 viewsOsborneOneNil

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 08:34 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

Whilst the two performances have been better we've still shipped 4 goals and only scored 1. Regardless of opposition we need to be sharper around both boxes to get some wins. If we can do that then it won't just be these 3 fixtures that are winnable, we'll go into every game with a chance of getting something. It's a big if though.

Good point.
Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 10:34 - Feb 16 with 2867 viewsCoachRob

If we do get 7 points that would put us back in with a chance. My only worry about today is fatigue - 3 games in 6 days is a big ask to keep performing at that level.
Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 10:40 - Feb 16 with 2857 viewsBlueBadger

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 08:34 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

'Performances are Improving' is the new 'playoff form'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 10:48 - Feb 16 with 2836 viewsfactual_blue

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 10:40 - Feb 16 by BlueBadger

It's actually the new clutching at straws.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 11:06 - Feb 16 with 2808 viewsHerbivore

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 10:40 - Feb 16 by BlueBadger

In fairness we have played better in the last 2 games, but we also played well at times previously under Lambert and had the same two issues of conceding poor goals and not scoring enough. Until we address at least one of those issues we aren't likely to get many points.

Login to get fewer ads

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 11:11 - Feb 16 with 2789 viewschristiand

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 11:06 - Feb 16 by Herbivore

In fairness we have played better in the last 2 games, but we also played well at times previously under Lambert and had the same two issues of conceding poor goals and not scoring enough. Until we address at least one of those issues we aren't likely to get many points.

And that in a nutshell is why we find ourselves bottom of the league!

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 11:13 - Feb 16 with 2783 viewsLeagueOne

Norwich has become a bit of a Dunkirk for us, we worked hard but they didn't have to do very much to win 3-0, we were well beaten in real terms as for Derby they always meltdown and fail to beat the teams they should. We need to get real about the prospects of this side.

Wasn't the last time Stoke won against us? We'll definitely lose, our defence will gift them a couple of chances guaranteed and we can't score for toffy.

On paper we could win enough games to stay up with the remaining fixtures, but the reality is we are the worst team in this league, compounded by horrible luck and under Evans our destiny seems to be a failure, theres nothing we do that doesn't turn to a steaming pile of turd.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 11:15 - Feb 16 with 2776 viewsPecker

I am whisperly confident.
Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 11:16 - Feb 16 with 2769 viewsHerbivore

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 11:13 - Feb 16 by LeagueOne

Norwich has become a bit of a Dunkirk for us, we worked hard but they didn't have to do very much to win 3-0, we were well beaten in real terms as for Derby they always meltdown and fail to beat the teams they should. We need to get real about the prospects of this side.

Wasn't the last time Stoke won against us? We'll definitely lose, our defence will gift them a couple of chances guaranteed and we can't score for toffy.

On paper we could win enough games to stay up with the remaining fixtures, but the reality is we are the worst team in this league, compounded by horrible luck and under Evans our destiny seems to be a failure, theres nothing we do that doesn't turn to a steaming pile of turd.

SUQ

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 11:20 - Feb 16 with 2762 viewsPecker

Blimey. I can't say I have been overly impressed since PL took over, but then there is you. It is a game of football that either team could potentially win. Have a pie and a pint.
Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 11:21 - Feb 16 with 2758 viewsHerbivore

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 11:20 - Feb 16 by Pecker

Blimey. I can't say I have been overly impressed since PL took over, but then there is you. It is a game of football that either team could potentially win. Have a pie and a pint.

He's a budgie, mate.

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 11:22 - Feb 16 with 2755 viewschristiand

Completely disagree here League One. Both Norwich and Derby were sides full of confidence, on good runs of form and in the top echelons of this division. They should beat us, but on both occasions we more than matched them and looked decent. They have that quality in key areas, which has been highlighted, that makes the difference. I'm certainly not fooled that suddenly we are going to make a miraculous recovery, but don't dismiss what has been achieved in the last couple of games. Take the positives from those matches in looking forward, there's plenty to be encouraged about. Lets see how they do today, this will be a really good test because Stoke City aren't puling up any trees in their recent form. In fact, it's worse than ours!!
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 12:20]

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 11:27 - Feb 16 with 2736 viewsOsborneOneNil

My word, you’re a cracking pile of misery, aren’t you!
Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 11:29 - Feb 16 with 2732 viewsquirkie

Sadly the most we'll get from the next 3 games is 2 pts.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 11:29 - Feb 16 with 2732 viewsSwansea_Blue

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 09:38 - Feb 16 by IPSWICHFANITFC

These are 3 opponents who I’d want to face right now. All 3 just hanging on but on the way down the league. Big opportunity starting today!

That’s probably the best way of describing it. If you had to choose three, you’d be hard pressed to come up with 3 easier games on paper.

I still think we’ll find them tough, but am cautiously optimistic if not filled with confidence. If we don’t make up the gap over the next 3 games I think that’s it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 12:34 - Feb 16 with 2652 viewsBlueBadger

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 08:16 - Feb 16 by christiand

After Wednesday I'd describe myself as 'marginally less pessimistic'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Quietly confident about the next 3 fixtures... on 13:58 - Feb 16 with 2557 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Hot take (as we really have nothing to lose) we will win the next three games taking us to within 3 points of safety.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024