Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 games in 6 days 18:45 - Feb 16 with 1752 viewslmfcblue

Looked tired today after a big week, Norwich then that high tempo performance against Derby so a good point for me and expected a few tired mind/bodies.
3 games in 6 days on 18:47 - Feb 16 with 1745 viewsPecker

That is grasping at straws I'm afraid. We were poor today and the players and staff have to take responsibility for that. Please don't play the tired card when we are in the position we are in.
3 games in 6 days on 18:48 - Feb 16 with 1734 viewsHorseboy

Slow long death to relegation. Some positives this week, but getting closer to the inevitable.
3 games in 6 days on 18:51 - Feb 16 with 1702 viewsFixed_It

3 games in 6 days on 18:47 - Feb 16 by Pecker

That is grasping at straws I'm afraid. We were poor today and the players and staff have to take responsibility for that. Please don't play the tired card when we are in the position we are in.

What a load of bollox. The OP made a very good point. We weren't poor and deserved the point - but to expect us to sustain the level of performance for the third game in six days is unrealistic.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

3 games in 6 days on 18:52 - Feb 16 with 1686 viewsKeaneish

Fairly obvious they looked a bit leggy today in my view. I agree with the OP.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

3 games in 6 days on 18:54 - Feb 16 with 1668 viewslmfcblue

Just saying what I saw today, tired players after a tough week. You can still be leggy if you're bottom of the league
3 games in 6 days on 19:32 - Feb 16 with 1553 viewsPecker

3 games in 6 days on 18:54 - Feb 16 by lmfcblue

Just saying what I saw today, tired players after a tough week. You can still be leggy if you're bottom of the league

Bottom of the league and desperate. We should be up for every game regardless. Stoke were p1ss poor today and there for the taking. I have already resigned myself to relegation, but want to go with a fight. I didn't see any fight today. Tiredness is a modern day thing that I don't buy into. They should be able to play 3 games in 6 days when our survival depends on them doing so. This is clutching at straws. We have played awful when we have had a 7 day break, so not good enough.
3 games in 6 days on 19:32 - Feb 16 with 1549 viewsChampionship

3 games in 6 days on 18:54 - Feb 16 by lmfcblue

Perfectly valid point when we have a lot of young players/players who haven't had a lot of football playing three big games in a week.
3 games in 6 days on 19:34 - Feb 16 with 1536 viewssparks

This is just b0llocks.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

3 games in 6 days on 19:44 - Feb 16 with 1503 viewsstrikalite

Agree, also I thought Derby was a hard test straight after Nodge too, if that would have been Stoke Weds with that performance it probably would have been three points..
3 games in 6 days on 19:48 - Feb 16 with 1486 viewslmfcblue

3 games in 6 days on 19:32 - Feb 16 by Pecker

Bottom of the league and desperate. We should be up for every game regardless. Stoke were p1ss poor today and there for the taking. I have already resigned myself to relegation, but want to go with a fight. I didn't see any fight today. Tiredness is a modern day thing that I don't buy into. They should be able to play 3 games in 6 days when our survival depends on them doing so. This is clutching at straws. We have played awful when we have had a 7 day break, so not good enough.

Scoring in injury time shows they were fighting all the way till the end. They didn't crumble after conceding such a poor goal so yes the quality wasn't as good today but again shown some great character. These young lads will lose sharpness after a tough week.
3 games in 6 days on 19:50 - Feb 16 with 1478 viewsPecker

3 games in 6 days on 19:44 - Feb 16 by strikalite

Agree, also I thought Derby was a hard test straight after Nodge too, if that would have been Stoke Weds with that performance it probably would have been three points..

"with that performance"? Stoke were there to be taken and we failed. Not our worst performance, but expected more. If the players were tired (please) then the manager is at fault for not spotting it. I didn't think we looked leggy, just not good enough.
3 games in 6 days on 22:53 - Feb 16 with 1272 viewsGarv

If someone is tired they're tired.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

3 games in 6 days on 03:29 - Feb 17 with 1115 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

3 games in 6 days on 22:53 - Feb 16 by Garv

If someone is tired they're tired.

Pecker’s general point is ludicrous, clearly tiredness is a thing, however Stoke had also played midweek and kept a largely unchanged lineup throughout

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

3 games in 6 days on 09:35 - Feb 17 with 971 viewsbritbiker

3 games in 6 days on 03:29 - Feb 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Pecker’s general point is ludicrous, clearly tiredness is a thing, however Stoke had also played midweek and kept a largely unchanged lineup throughout

I think one of our problems is that we dont have two good options for each position due to bad injuries and poor recruitment. Therefore we have to play players who have knocks or are coming back from injury. The team were flat yesterday which was a shame as Stoke were not good either.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 9:37]
3 games in 6 days on 09:49 - Feb 17 with 934 viewsRadlett_blue

3 games in 6 days on 18:51 - Feb 16 by Fixed_It

What a load of bollox. The OP made a very good point. We weren't poor and deserved the point - but to expect us to sustain the level of performance for the third game in six days is unrealistic.

3 games in 7 days, actually.
Yet another nail in our coffin. We need wins & weren't good enough to beat a hopelessly out of form Stoke side. Very hard to see where wins are going to come. Wigan & Reading games really are the last chance saloon, although I felt we would be relegated after we lost at home to Bristol City despite the game having been there on a plate.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024