Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We’ve taken some big punches this season 17:00 - Feb 23 with 1748 viewsdavblue

Something is happening though, the last 4 games has given me encouragement we are starting to look a decent side. Obviously too late, and still some teething issues in the side.
We’ve taken some big punches this season on 17:02 - Feb 23 with 1676 viewsbournemouthblue

We need to sign Keane and extend Judge's deal. Bree may also be available provided he wants to come?

The nuts and bolts of a competitive League One side appear to be here.

I think a lot of the players heading out will help to get our house in order.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

We’ve taken some big punches this season on 17:13 - Feb 23 with 1535 viewsRyorry

Scoring & only conceding 1 in each of the last 3 games is a definite improvement, and shows the seeds for recovery, at least for next season, are there. Heart, fight and guts by the lads to hang on like that with 10 men.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

We’ve taken some big punches this season on 17:15 - Feb 23 with 1517 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We’ve taken some big punches this season on 17:02 - Feb 23 by bournemouthblue

We need to sign Keane and extend Judge's deal. Bree may also be available provided he wants to come?

The nuts and bolts of a competitive League One side appear to be here.

I think a lot of the players heading out will help to get our house in order.

Hasn't Keane not long returned from a long term injury?

We don't really need another injury-plagued player do we? Much as I would love him to be fit and fire us to safety or to a rapid return to this league, I am nervous about his ability to stay fit.

Unfortunately, we seem to be suffering copious injuries aside from players with a history of it. Surely something needs to be looked at? It can't simply be bad luck can it?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

We’ve taken some big punches this season on 17:17 - Feb 23 with 1476 viewsMrTown

Agree, can see signs.

Not ruthless enough in both boxes though, haven't be all season.

That's why we can't take leads, or hold onto leads, and have subsequently drawn/lost a lot of games we could have and should have have won.

Too late now, but optimism for next season certainly.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

We’ve taken some big punches this season on 17:19 - Feb 23 with 1450 viewsRyorry

We’ve taken some big punches this season on 17:15 - Feb 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

We don't really need another injury-plagued player do we? Much as I would love him to be fit and fire us to safety or to a rapid return to this league, I am nervous about his ability to stay fit.

Unfortunately, we seem to be suffering copious injuries aside from players with a history of it. Surely something needs to be looked at? It can't simply be bad luck can it?

Many have been asking that for a long time, particularly re our players seemingly just taking forever, or never recovering, from long term injuries - till they go to another club ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

We’ve taken some big punches this season on 17:26 - Feb 23 with 1403 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We’ve taken some big punches this season on 17:17 - Feb 23 by MrTown

Agree, can see signs.

Not ruthless enough in both boxes though, haven't be all season.

That's why we can't take leads, or hold onto leads, and have subsequently drawn/lost a lot of games we could have and should have have won.

Too late now, but optimism for next season certainly.

Yes.

Failed to score in 16/34 matches.

Scored more than once in only 6 of those.

Only 3 clean sheets all season.

Conceded 3 on 5 occasions (but no more than 3 all season).

We’ve taken some big punches this season on 17:28 - Feb 23 with 1381 viewsjas0999

Trouble is, how many who started today will be here next season?

I do however agree with you.
We’ve taken some big punches this season on 17:34 - Feb 23 with 1316 viewspatrickswell

We’ve taken some big punches this season on 17:15 - Feb 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Our “competitive” budget puts in the market for such players, unfortunately. Though Tom Adeyemi’s injury struggles are a surprise given that he played fairly frequently up to coming to us.
Login to get fewer ads

We’ve taken some big punches this season on 17:45 - Feb 23 with 1222 viewsbournemouthblue

We’ve taken some big punches this season on 17:34 - Feb 23 by patrickswell

Our “competitive” budget puts in the market for such players, unfortunately. Though Tom Adeyemi’s injury struggles are a surprise given that he played fairly frequently up to coming to us.

The budget is certainly an issue there

We have probably had to gamble a bit on talented players with previous history of injuries?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

We’ve taken some big punches this season on 18:50 - Feb 23 with 999 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We’ve taken some big punches this season on 17:34 - Feb 23 by patrickswell

That budget that enabled us to sign:

Waghorn, Garner, Walters, Mings, Cresswell, Murphy, Bialkowski, etc, etc.

It is OK taking a punt on a couple of McGoldrick/Huws types but we do more than we have to and we seem to be getting too many Dozzell, Bishop, Adeyemi, Lankester, Ward, Sears, Folami, Morris, etc where there has not been the previous history.

Our budget is what it is. There are many clubs in this league who have spent similar money far more effectively.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024